Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We aint that OP people. I had to FC last night in Rateds. I got OWNED out in the open. We have zero mobility. Once trinket and IBF are used we are dead.

In other BG situations Blood is fun for a while, but it gets boring real fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    DKs always have been and always will be damage based threat tanks and because of this DKs have always had higher DPS numbers as tanks (with the exception of Paladins getting a free damage increase against undead trash in ICC). It's the way the class has always worked and as this game is centered on PvE there is no reason to nerf that damage just because people can't figure out how to handle them in PvP.

Things like Vengeance benefit DK tanks the most because of this but at the same time they were the tanking class that needed it the most because since their introduction to the game they've usually been on the lower end in terms of TPS. People don't like it because they are not used to it but the fact is DK tanking is finally working correctly after being around for over 3 years.

You want to kill a Blood DK in PvP, learn to use casters correctly. If you don't have one to lock up the DK that's not the DK's fault. Rogues spent the first 5+ years being the ultimate melee class in PvP until Cata came around. It's about time something other then a Rogue is able to stand 1v1 vs any other melee.
    and about the time that rogues stopped being able to stunlock, death knights were the brand new class that took no skill and were completely overpowered and still are. people who had just started playing the class in the beginning of woltk were getting gladiator because blizz couldn't figure out how to balance you, and they still haven't. your pve abilities will be nerfed soon enough, and you can stop telling people how they can "lrn to pl@y n00b". rogues are the pvp class btw, and they aren't overpowered.
    weeee!

Deleted
    Someone said: "It is just vengeance!"

And so OPness got legalised.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    I play Blood DK and always have. A bad Blood DK will beat anyone but the most extremely skilled melee players. A good Blood DK will never lose, period. Read what Minky wrote and consider the likelihood of pulling that off over and over without a single mistake. And considering a DK can interrupt that flow at any time with a) trinket and b) AMS to prevent harmful effects and c) IBF stun immunity.

There's a dozen mechanics that I haven't even seen mentioned yet in this thread yet, so the news only gets worse. Lichborne+Death Coil healing. with 130 runic you can get 4 coils out and get back 60% of health. Can only be countered by a Pally's quick Turn Evil (Lichborne lasts longer than a silence). Will of the Necropolis is a free instant RuneTap coupled with a 50% reduction to ALL damage. A good Blood DK will use RuneTap to heal at 40% and immediately get another one if someone tries to burst.

Ghoul sacrifice is virtually impossible to counter. You'd have to silence the DK to prevent him from casting Death Pact and then burst down the ghoul before it was up. You won't succeed and that's another 40% heal right there.

IBF makes a DK rogue-proof long enough to get a couple Death Strikes. And if a DK is sitting on a comfortable amount of health, he can switch to Necrotic Strikes. Guess what? No Recup or Second Wind or Word of Glory for you. In fact, it actually gets leeched to heal the DK.

Oh and let's not forget a good Blood DK will chain his best heals with Vampiric Blood which, when glyphed, is a 40% boost to all of the above mentioned heals.

You can't kite either. Death Coil and ghoul pet harassment is enough to keep you from bandaging or whatever. Chains of Ice and Death Grip keep you within at least spitting distance.

DKs spent years being called the worst tanks, the shieldless tanks, the new kid on the block nobody likes, all baddies because apparently if you didn't level from 1-55 you had no clue how to play the game (nevermind you couldn't roll a DK until you'd leveled a toon to 55). So well, good for Blood DKs finally getting something to be happy about. You all forget the insanity that was Frost DK with 20% healing per Death Strike. That was well and truly over the top and deserved a nerf.

But Blood was designed to live. We are the only 2H weapon tanks so of course we are going to hit hard. But as Blizzard has said time and time again, the game was never balanced 1v1. If you want to take down a Blood DK, bring a friend.
    I do it fairly often, and I did put contingenceis and hwo to respond to their CDs in my post - but I've been playing for 4 years, so..

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    I've seen two blood DK tanks (but in LFD) topping dps meters... In both cases they couldn't resist of bragging how bad their group was lol.
    Because your group was bad, blood knights have terrible aoe dps, and if they're beating dps on single target fights, then your dps should be uninstalling the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    To be all fair and honest here, either a lot of people in this thread run bgs on an undergeared main/alt and do not under any circumstances know how to handle a blood dk, even if they were a lolcaster, or you are running a double melee 2's thinking that blood is overpowered. Right now, blood is where it needs to be for pve and rbgs while at the same time has NO place in 3v3 and 5v5 and can only do good in 2v2 and random bgs until an actual skilled player comes around and makes them cry by countering their shoddy healing mechanics.

The amount of idiot oozing from this thread is by far the most despicable thing I've read on these forums as of late, and these people have apparently never come across a good unholy, feral, resto shaman or the notorious chain cc disc, frost mage, feral.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalz View Post
    Yep, but BG's are BG's, try playing a blood dk in 2vs2 and see how good they are :3
    You realize that is probably the worst possible example you could've ever used, right? Blood DKs can 1v2 in 2s over 2k rating.

The answer to Blood Dks is the Rogue. Honestly it isn't that difficult to burst during a ks and then dismantle and continue, restealthing and resetting the fight as cooldowns are used by the Blood Dk.. All it is, is cooldown management.

But I agree they need a pvp nerf especially now that they get healed with DS regardless.. that has some pvp ramifications that Blizzard may not have considered.

Pretty sure you shouldn't be naming people on the forums, its against the rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    The answer to Blood Dks is the Rogue. Honestly it isn't that difficult to burst during a ks and then dismantle and continue, restealthing and resetting the fight as cooldowns are used by the Blood Dk.. All it is, is cooldown management.

But I agree they need a pvp nerf especially now that they get healed with DS regardless.. that has some pvp ramifications that Blizzard may not have considered.
    I'll bet they considered it, but didn't have an answer, and since PvE is the primary focus, they put off the PvP issue.

How would you fix the problem, without nerfing them in PvE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    I'll bet they considered it, but didn't have an answer, and since PvE is the primary focus, they put off the PvP issue.

How would you fix the problem, without nerfing them in PvE?
    Disable Vengeance in PVP. Problem solved.

The game is not balanced around 1v1 2v2 or battlegrounds. Plus DK's are easily kited in any spec. It's purely a l2p issue here. Next your be telling us your a mage and cant kill anything in pvp at all right?

1v1 in a battleground with say a warrior vs a blood dk will normally end in blood dk winning as warrior cant kite to well. Like i said the game not balanced around 1v1 so nothing to see here.

No one complaining about warlocks hiding and dot dot dot fear /take a piss /lol / dance dot dot dot fear /dance /spit /lol..... yeah battlegrounds are for mongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    The game is not balanced around 1v1 2v2 or battlegrounds. Plus DK's are easily kited in any spec. It's purely a l2p issue here. Next your be telling us your a mage and cant kill anything in pvp at all right?

1v1 in a battleground with say a warrior vs a blood dk will normally end in blood dk winning as warrior cant kite to well. Like i said the game not balanced around 1v1 so nothing to see here.

No one complaining about warlocks hiding and dot dot dot fear /take a piss /lol / dance dot dot dot fear /dance /spit /lol..... yeah battlegrounds are for mongs.
    You can not kite / do anything to Blood DK as Warrior.

Obviously classes should be balanced in BGs / 1v1 / 2v2. It's just killing the idea of PvP if they are not.

So it's not balanced around..

1v1
    2v2
    10v10
    15v15
    40v40

So you're saying complaints about PvP are only valid in.. what, 3's and 5's arenas? Or do Rated BGs count too even though the tactics displayed within show an upsetting lack of balance as well.
    Last edited by Khuzog; 2011-12-17 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthraxxxis View Post
    We aint that OP people. I had to FC last night in Rateds. I got OWNED out in the open. We have zero mobility. Once trinket and IBF are used we are dead.
    Actually, if you get to the point where you are being focused in the open like that, turn around and walk backwards. That's your mobility option. Very few classes have the on-demand speed boost to get behind you on the run and stay behind you with bone shield or foot enchant speed increases. You'll get full advantage from your tanking avoidance.

But more importantly, you will be able to tab around and Death Strike until your (hopefully not incompetant) group can peel off the bigger threats like the rogues/mages with the slows. Because you are getting bursted, your Death Strike shield and heal regen will be massive. You can also pop AMS if you see too much caster love.

I've managed to moonwalk from the bridge in Twin Peaks to base on many occasions. Of course you'll need healers and things like Leap of Faith or Hand of Freedom in there, but other than that, flagcarries aren't always about mobility. Slow and steady can win the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Disable Vengeance in PVP. Problem solved.
    Honestly this. They have been wierd on tanking specs in pvp since TBC. Just kill em already and try to balance PvP at least to a point where its decent. Not saying that tanking specs are the currently problem in pvp balance though. They just add to the overall situation.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Deleted
    I got my DK to 85 a few weeks ago and did a little PvP with him. With ilvl 365 and the crafted sword I was hitting 30k average Death Strike crits (while my full Ruthless geared Ret with hc FL weapons hits 20-25k TV crits at best) - and as if that wasn't enough, there were more (51%) crits than non-crits. I beat up many better geared players. Granted that it was "only" Tol Barad and BGs, but still it's quite ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Khuzog View Post
    So it's not balanced around..

1v1
    2v2
    10v10
    15v15
    40v40

So you're saying complaints about PvP are only valid in.. what, 3's and 5's arenas? Or do Rated BGs count too even though the tactics displayed within show an upsetting lack of balance as well.
    Yes, This. Blizzard have said themselves the game is not balanced 1v1. In a battleground unless your working in a team to take a target or another group down your still 1v1 warrior vs DK for example here. Arena is where the balance is at not battlegrounds. If your idea of pvp fun is battlegrounds then may i suggest you roll a warlock or mage and have some fun

Read official forums for blues/greens quoting about balance and why it cant and wont be balanced for anything more than the above.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1861382?page=1
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3753775388
    Checkout arena junkies also (basicly elitist jerks for pvp) http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/21...not-1v1-arena/

(In short 30 specs, 30 classes, all different ability's, the work would be insane and its impossible without everyone having same moves, talents etc etc basicly PVP would have to be a siege fight for it to be perfectly balanced)

Doesn't matter where you look it will always say same thing the game is not balanced 1v1 and cant be live with it or move on to hello kitty online.
    Last edited by Domiku; 2011-12-17 at 05:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    well you are right Domiku in some aspects, game for sure is not balanced and it would be really hard to get to point where everyone would be relly happy, im fine with healers being hard to kill with 2 or 3 ppls vs 1 cose they cant do much beside being anoing, but vengance gives blood dk expecially (high self heal, nice burst and relativly short cds) high edge, ofc they can be outplayed in most situations (asuming that you are not mele or there is 1dk vs 2+ enemies) but why should i be forced to kite guy with 0 res for couple mins around flag, risking to be 3 shoted at any time with ~4k res, waiting for his or mine m8s to come and do the job ?
    seriously pvp in wow is about gaining some strategic points or kiling enemies asap with blood dk both options are rather dificult, etleast from enh pov and i may even risk saying that they are most anoing curently for most clases out there
    Last edited by kosajk; 2011-12-20 at 01:43 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    love QQers for blood dks being op totally op when a class(all casters) can kill you while you didnt even land a hit on them thats not totally op at all thats balanced