Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This thread makes me want to go to BGs just to f**k some whiny melee PvPers up as a pre-emptive revenge for (probably) getting us nerfed when we're FINALLY in a good place in PvE.

I play a DK in PvP and PvE, both Frost and Blood. This is my two cents on the issue.

First, Blood DK vs any melee in a fight to the death in a 1v1 situation will ensure the DK wins. Period. Or rather, I should add - a resilience-geared DK of appropriate gear. I've seen a LOT of DKs rolling Blood in PvP lately with insufficient gear for it and they are like wet tissue. The experience will vary according to gear. Do I think I'm OP? I don't know. I'd be tempted to say no - when I go up against Warriors, Rogues and Feral Druids as a Frost DK, I am significantly squishier than they are, and my single target damage is nowhere near as good with my control of the fight being equally bad. A rogue can, for example, reduce my armour by 70%. A Warrior can reduce my armour, a Feral Druid can increase the bleed damage I take and switch out to cast HoTs on themselves before switching back to Feral form while their HoTs tick and their resources are unaffected. As a Frost DK, my utility in melee range is significantly limited and I am easily beaten by any combination of other melee. It could be a play issue and I will always entertain the possibility it is, I am first and foremost a tank in PvE so my ability to play Blood in PvP is more natural to me.

Second; too many people are failing to understand mechanics of Blood DKs. I see Warriors charge into melee and provide me with Vengeance and essentially free Blood Shields to stack up. Rogues destealth and try to nuke me down without removing my Vengeance or trying to disarm me. Feral Druids just switch into Bear form and do what the Warrior's already did. If ANYONE wants to be able to beat a Blood DK, you have to be able to damage him without being in melee range. If you can't damage him, it's not worth you trying unless there's at least 3 of you. You want to use all debuffs that increase his damage taken and reduce the healing he can do, which means Mortal Strike debuffs and reduced armour debuffs. If he Death Grips you, it's likely he'll focus his Death Strikes on that target, so ensure you watch his current target and run if it becomes you.

The effort needed to win against a Blood DK is probably higher than most would like, but there's a lot of bad players of Blood DKs out there. I've watched them do stupid things. There are things a Blood DK cannot do that Frost DKs and Unholy DKs can - primarily, kill healers. Any fight with a melee covered with a healer will result in the Blood DK losing. Same with most ranged - hunters generally leave their pet on the DK to stack vengeance and let him heal off it. Don't set your pet on the DK, it'll just be as bad as healing him. Shaman's that drop totems - same issue. If we can hit it, we can heal off it. You need to do all you can to minimise that.

If you want minimal fuss, you really just need to root and silence the DK before nuking him hard from behind. Time the root and silence for about 30% health and blow cooldowns then. You shouldn't find it too hard.

So you guys do bgs/arenas on PVE itens for parry/dodge or full PVP?

Yea blood DKs are far too powerful atm, too much damage... they're popping up in arenas atm, low brackets but they're there... thing is though, DKs aren't known for mobility to begin with... Blood has even less.

Do I think Blood DKs are a little absurd? Yes.

But, who gives a crap!
    Until FROST MAGES are tuned to be more balanced 1v1, Blood DKs can rape face for all I care. They are only killing melee.
    Frost mages can beat ANY class 1v1. THAT is not balanced.

People like to say that Blizzard doesn't balance for 1v1. Well those people, and Blizzard, are stupid.

The game should start at being balanced 1v1 day 1. How frost mages have went this entire expansion this OP is amazing. At least Ret Paladins got nerfed some towards the middle/end of Wrath when people had finally complained about them enough.

Bottom line, you're a melee and you lost to a blood DK... nothing to see or care about here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    25k crits happen when everyone attacks said DK and stacks his vengeance into oblivion. And then someone is in melee range (where you should not be) and gets hit for 25k or even more.
    Doesn't really even take that on my dk it maxes out from just a few dots or a melee hitting me with like 2 moves lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Khuzog View Post
    So it's not balanced around..

1v1
    2v2
    10v10
    15v15
    40v40

So you're saying complaints about PvP are only valid in.. what, 3's and 5's arenas? Or do Rated BGs count too even though the tactics displayed within show an upsetting lack of balance as well.
    BTW so glad someone made this point. Yeah, Blizzard only gives a shit about 3v3. That is where their balance attempts are made. It's FUCKING RETARDED.

You could just as easily make the statement... "PvP in WoW is NOT balanced at all", and be just as accurate.

Sigh to all Warriors and rogues.

A blood dk without a weapon can't heal himself or hurt you.
    A stunned-locked blood dk can't do anything.
    A blood DK can't heal if you're at his back.

Time your CC's right and they die, just like every other class including frost mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Sigh to all Warriors and rogues.

A blood dk without a weapon can't heal himself or hurt you.
    A stunned-locked blood dk can't do anything.

Time your CC's right and they die, just like every other class including frost mages who are afk.
    Fixed. ^

You're welcome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Awesome but how about if he doesn't use his keyboard to turn? Also care to elaborate on how a warrior can keep a dk stunlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    Awesome but how about if he doesn't use his keyboard to turn? Also care to elaborate on how a warrior can keep a dk stunlocked?
    Well blood is the only spec thats superior to warrior... frost and unholy... should lose, unless played perfectly.

Wanted to add my 2 cents here.

First, I am a BDK, have been in PvP since the start of last season. I am also a PvE MT for my guild. I do not use PvE gear for PvP, it renders me too weak to Mages and casters in general. My PvP set was full S10 Ruth, and half S11 Honor Ruth, while I wait a few weeks for the conq. points.
    I sit at about 168k hp, 4.7k resil.

98% of Rogues have 0 chance against me, they just don't understand how to play against a BDK. I've only been beat by 1 or 2 extremely good rogues in the last few months, on a equal gear footing and equal skill it is a damn fun fight and a tough challenge.

100% of other DK's excluding blood. Frost and Unholy are dead, no questions asked.
    100% of Warriors are dead, I've never met a warrior that can take me down one on one, equal gear footing. Though I will say that it seems a good 80% of warriors I kill do the death spin of fail at around 20% before they die. I find that amusing.

That you can't kill BDK's as a warrior is unfortunate. Get over it and pick a different person to pick your fight with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Because your group was bad, blood knights have terrible aoe dps, and if they're beating dps on single target fights, then your dps should be uninstalling the game.
    My 368 ilvl dk is often #1 or #2 in LFD on single target boss fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    25 are not huge numers dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    see a blood DK as melee > run away /lol
    see a blood DK as ranged > kill it without ever getting hit /lol
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemos View Post
    25 are not huge numers dude.
    With 3.9k resil thats kinda big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    then 2 seconds later a rogue shivs the dk and he starts hiting you for 5k damg a deathstrike and you proced to disarm then roflstomp him as he is now disarmed with 15k less attack power and is unable to generate more ap for another 8 seconds ie the time when you throw on the hurt.
    just as the DK COI the rogue and pops cooldowns to resist the damage until he gets his weapon back to death strike the rogue and the rogue falls over flat from the massive crits and the death knight wins with 100% health and some free honor points.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Deleted
    We already know blood is insane vs melee atm. They will be fixed soon enough.

Your mid-screen UI is terrible OP

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAxius View Post
    I play a DK in PvP and PvE, both Frost and Blood. This is my two cents on the issue.

First, Blood DK vs any melee in a fight to the death in a 1v1 situation will ensure the DK wins. Period. Or rather, I should add - a resilience-geared DK of appropriate gear. I've seen a LOT of DKs rolling Blood in PvP lately with insufficient gear for it and they are like wet tissue. The experience will vary according to gear. Do I think I'm OP? I don't know. I'd be tempted to say no - when I go up against Warriors, Rogues and Feral Druids as a Frost DK, I am significantly squishier than they are, and my single target damage is nowhere near as good with my control of the fight being equally bad. A rogue can, for example, reduce my armour by 70%. A Warrior can reduce my armour, a Feral Druid can increase the bleed damage I take and switch out to cast HoTs on themselves before switching back to Feral form while their HoTs tick and their resources are unaffected. As a Frost DK, my utility in melee range is significantly limited and I am easily beaten by any combination of other melee. It could be a play issue and I will always entertain the possibility it is, I am first and foremost a tank in PvE so my ability to play Blood in PvP is more natural to me.

Second; too many people are failing to understand mechanics of Blood DKs. I see Warriors charge into melee and provide me with Vengeance and essentially free Blood Shields to stack up. Rogues destealth and try to nuke me down without removing my Vengeance or trying to disarm me. Feral Druids just switch into Bear form and do what the Warrior's already did. If ANYONE wants to be able to beat a Blood DK, you have to be able to damage him without being in melee range. If you can't damage him, it's not worth you trying unless there's at least 3 of you. You want to use all debuffs that increase his damage taken and reduce the healing he can do, which means Mortal Strike debuffs and reduced armour debuffs. If he Death Grips you, it's likely he'll focus his Death Strikes on that target, so ensure you watch his current target and run if it becomes you.

The effort needed to win against a Blood DK is probably higher than most would like, but there's a lot of bad players of Blood DKs out there. I've watched them do stupid things. There are things a Blood DK cannot do that Frost DKs and Unholy DKs can - primarily, kill healers. Any fight with a melee covered with a healer will result in the Blood DK losing. Same with most ranged - hunters generally leave their pet on the DK to stack vengeance and let him heal off it. Don't set your pet on the DK, it'll just be as bad as healing him. Shaman's that drop totems - same issue. If we can hit it, we can heal off it. You need to do all you can to minimise that.

If you want minimal fuss, you really just need to root and silence the DK before nuking him hard from behind. Time the root and silence for about 30% health and blow cooldowns then. You shouldn't find it too hard.
    Ok.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2011-12-20 at 05:17 PM.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    see a blood DK as melee > run away /lol
    see a blood DK as ranged > kill it without ever getting hit /lol
    guess you've never heard of COI, strangulate, DG or any of those abilities. Oh well its ok when you meet one that knows how to use these abilities you will be singing a different toon.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    4-12k because he activated defensive cooldowns. Also don't forget about shields.
    But defensive cooldowns can't last forever. If you will try to stand still and exchange hits, you will lose. Fighting with DK requires some brains. Proper kiting, stuns, roots, self-healing allows some skilled melee classes to win duel with blood dk.

If you don't understand dk mechanics, if you don't know dk weaknesses, if should learn more. And probably even to make DK alt.
    You remind me of some "elitist" thinks he knows everything and that there's always a solution. You think that using your brain will make you win against a DK. Stun w/e you have no chance of beating a decent blood DK as a Warrior. Even if you get a fucking crit strike row on every strike even though the chance is 0,001 you will still not be able to beat them. You just have to come with facts to show me how a warrior can beat through a tank with 8% passive dmg reduction, 40% from resilience, stacking blood shield, healing worms, healing strikes and rune tap and loads of other abilities like pet sacrifice, vampiric blood, icebound fortitude, kiting, death coil healing, Eruneweapon returning them all runes back, rune tap and probably something else i left out. It's just not possible for a warrior to beat a DK unless the DK is so bad that he sux..