Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanel View Post
    So you are saying that you are so dependent on a 3 minute raid cooldown to get you up in the healing meters that you have complain about something that shouldn't be spammed more then 3 times in a row except ultraxxion and rarely on other fights?
    What? You asked how skill changes between using Holy Radiance and Divine Hymn. Holy Radiance doesn't have a cooldown...

Again... keep comparing Holy Radiance to Divine Hymn.... really solidifying my argument.

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vellar View Post
    Yeap couldn't agree more pallys have been good in every tier this xpack no real reason to complain but seriously druids ownd t12. Before anyone prods me with a pitch fork I have a priest and resto druid alt and I can tell you right now if played properly resto druid or priest is very powerful in current content. They swap our healing rain style radiance for a prayer of healing that costs nearly double the mana and has diminishing returns and the qqers start up. Really just be glad your not a resto shammy
    Healing Rain has diminishing returns.... and the only reason PoH doesn't is because it is limited to a group. Holy Radiance needs to only heal a certain amount of players at once.

Deleted
    palahardclasspala

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mass0wnage View Post
    Friend Holy Priest solo'd Ultraxion normal last night at 51k hps(world first for holy priest). Then in our group, his guildie Holy pally did it at 61.k hps(world 9th for holy pally). I don't think any boss should be solo healable and feel they should all be nerfed.
    Yea because normal modes is a big deal!

They already nerfed the 4set, stop the QQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    They have Guardian and AM. They have raid cooldowns.

Also, the other priest is a disc priest. His spells are more suitable to Lightning Phase than mine are. PW:S Is much better for that phase than PoH. Your attempts at insults are amusing, specially since you have said the same thing what.... three or four times now?
    Sooo your complaining about having 2 healing specs now :/ tbh if your being out healed by a disc priest then you should probably think about a re-roll. Fyi Guardian and aura mastery, AM is a pretty week CD guardian has a 5 minute cd not 3 but 5 and only heals everyone within 10 yards for 10% of the single target heal 5 times if your trying to compare that to a cool down that heals for over half a million healing raid wide and can basically heal everyone up from 30% to full in a few seconds with a 3 minute CD then you really are kidding yourself.

They have Guardian and AM. They have raid cooldowns.
    Guardian isn't a raid cooldown. AM on some fights is more useless than pre-buff Divine Hymn.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

What? You asked how skill changes between using Holy Radiance and Divine Hymn. Holy Radiance doesn't have a cooldown...

Again... keep comparing Holy Radiance to Divine Hymn.... really solidifying my argument.
    Yes, skill changes between Holy Radiance more then just Holy Radiance not having a CD though. You can spam Holy Radiance until you go oom but it's not being efficient with it. If you are efficient with your Holy Radiance then you can make to where you do the same amount of healing(not overhealing) done with 3 holy radiances rather then spamming 5 Holy Radiances in a row and doing a bunch of overhealing with losing a lot of mana. There is a amount of skill that can be learned with Holy radiance instead of spamming it. With Divine Hymn it's just about hitting it at the right time and you lose 2-3kHPS if you don't do it at the right time and usually this right time for using it is pretty obvious.

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mikkeh View Post
    palahardclasspala
    AnyClassHardclass?LAWL

Time to get this back on topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by mookspal View Post
    Personally, I actually think Shamans are the best single target tank healers right now.......just saying.
    FLAT OUT disagree with this. DL > GHW, I oom WAY to damn fast if I just do that. Pallies have a cushion (mastery) to tank heal with. They have CDs, I don't. .com end of discussion.

Holy Radiance should NEVER be compared with Divine Hymn, as Afflictid is saying, 3 minute raid cd shouldn't be compared with a "spamming" spell like Holy Radiance. I am the shaman who got switched to tank healing. I no longer raid heal because of this. I fucking sucks. I had so much more utility AoE healing, now I can't keep AR/AV on the raid at all times. It is a fact that Holy Paladins are the best tank healers, why do you guys say that you are happy you can now AoE heal? Druids topped the charts in T-12 because nothing came close to Tranq's throughput, and WG was very strong and needed a nerf. Now druids, were NEVER THE BEST TANK HEALERS. Holy Radiance has cost me my AoE healing spot and landed me on bitch tank duty. Something shaman WERE NOT MEANT FOR! All because the best tank healing class is now the best raid healer, and they need someone that has some form of direct healing to watch the tanks. I'll link two of my logs, one AoE healing. And the other Tank healing, I don't feel I'm being used to my full potential on tanks. Paladins have tools for this, I have NS....

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oeynloopkf0g8mkb/sum/healingDone/?s=471&e=821 You are a better player for looking at spells cast and uptimes instead of just the nicely colored bars. (tank healing)
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ewy7ysvraqfk9of7/sum/healingDone/?s=8356&e=8745[/url] Our first H Morchok kill (Raid healing)

Which is a better use of the classes?[/COLOR]

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 03:00 PM ----------

First post and can't link the logs, copy paste the test, and just throw the www in there for kicks.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-12-21 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 05:54 PM ----------

Healing Rain has diminishing returns.... and the only reason PoH doesn't is because it is limited to a group. Holy Radiance needs to only heal a certain amount of players at once.
    It might not have a cool down but it does have a cast time your acting like it's instant cast... there's no way you can compare divine hymn to radiance one is a group heal the other is a raid cd.

"Healing Rain has diminishing returns.... and the only reason PoH doesn't is because it is limited to a group. Holy Radiance needs to only heal a certain amount of players at once."

I never said that healing didn't have diminishing returns... I also didn't say that PoH didn't have a target limit if anything I was pointing out that they are different but similar one costs more mana has DR the other costs less and doesn't but there more comparable than divine hymn and radiance that's for sure XD.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were guild leadering (which I no longer do thanks dah jebus), I would always stack paladins. Other than their DPS spec being melee (which may or may not change with a shockadin 4th tree, so they're hoping at least)they're nearly perfect. Their ability to provide like 9 buffs and becoming invincible for 12 seconds is incredibly useful. If everyone times themselves right they can just avoid entire mechanics.

On Holy Paladins, they've always been absurdly good and easy to play healers. It isn't surprising they're in a glorious spot right now.

Not to mention they're the only class that uses intellect plate so they rarely have competition from anyone but their own spec.

Shaman mastery + HP buff makes them equal to if not slightly better than paladins for tank healing. Paladins are by far the best "support" tank healer through beacon transfer.

Deleted
    Aethertheshaman makes some good points and tbh shammans need some love better CDs that are NOT totems and better raid healing utls what I don't agree with is that shamans should be dedicated tank healers or raid healers. Really druids need a better single target healing kit shammys need better cds and better raiding healing, priests and pallys need nothing tbh and are in a very strong place saying that druids are still topping charts with purely raid healing.

Sooo your complaining about having 2 healing specs now :/ tbh if your being out healed by a disc priest then you should probably think about a re-roll. Fyi Guardian and aura mastery, AM is a pretty week CD guardian has a 5 minute cd not 3 but 5 and only heals everyone within 10 yards for 10% of the single target heal 5 times if your trying to compare that to a cool down that heals for over half a million healing raid wide and can basically heal everyone up from 30% to full in a few seconds with a 3 minute CD then you really are kidding yourself.
    I didn't complain about Disc at all.... I just said that he beat me because his tools are better suited for that fight. Stop floundering for an argument and actually make one. AM is a good raid CD, Guardian is a good CD. They aren't amazing, but they're good. Also, you are exagerating Divine Hymn. 8.87 Second channel and ticks every 1.77 seconds on 5 people at a time. In order it for top the entire raid off from 30%, it would need to be healing for like... 80k a tick on each person, and it is hardly in a few seconds.
    Last edited by Afflictid; 2011-12-21 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    If I were guild leadering (which I no longer do thanks dah jebus), I would always stack paladins. Other than their DPS spec being melee (which may or may not change with a shockadin 4th tree, so they're hoping at least)they're nearly perfect. Their ability to provide like 9 buffs and becoming invincible for 12 seconds is incredibly useful. If everyone times themselves right they can just avoid entire mechanics.

On Holy Paladins, they've always been absurdly good and easy to play healers. It isn't surprising they're in a glorious spot right now.

Not to mention they're the only class that uses intellect plate so they rarely have competition from anyone but their own spec.
    Not going to say their not in a very strong place but your argument about easy to play I don't get having a 85 priest and druid healer also I don't really find any of them hard to play if anything I'd say the druid is the easiest out the 3 so I'd be interested to see what your comparing it to when you say easy to play

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame View Post
    Shaman mastery + HP buff makes them equal to if not slightly better than paladins for tank healing. Paladins are by far the best "support" tank healer through beacon transfer.
    Wrong, wrong, wroggity wrong. I keep my HP buff on the tanks by just rolling riptide on them through the fight. NO DIRECT HEALS NEEDED. In fact, I've already been doing this to keep AR up on the tank.

Wait.....You are complaining HR is too strong and we spam it too much..... But the top healing from that parse cast PoH 27%....and the pally under you cast HR 22%.

NERF POH ITS TOO STRONG GUYZ.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Deleted
    I didn't complain about Disc at all.... I just said that he beat me because his tools are better suited for that fight. Stop floundering for an argument and actually make one. AM is a good raid CD, Guardian is a good raid CD. They aren't amazing, but they're good. Also, you are exagerating Divine Hymn. 8.77 Second channel and ticks every 1.77 seconds on 5 people at a time. In order it for top the entire raid off from 30%, it would need to be healing for like... 80k a tick on each person, and it is hardly in a few seconds.
    AM is a good raid cd? Do you or have you played a 85 pally? I have an 85 priest and pally so yea. Also you say it's hardly a few seconds I would say 8 seconds is a few seconds I don't know what you consider a few seconds 2 3? As for me "floundering" why don't you accept the fact holy is in a good place and stop being so jelly of the fact pallys got an aoe heal.

Also nice one Redriot hadn't noticed that I think you got burned afflictid!

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Wait.....You are complaining HR is too strong and we spam it too much..... But the top healing from that parse cast PoH 27%....and the pally under you cast HR 22%.

NERF POH ITS TOO STRONG GUYZ.
    Lol. Look again broski. Try Holy Radiance at 40%. It separates the portions of Holy Radiance. Add em up.

Lol. Look again broski. Try Holy Radiance at 40%. It separates the portions of Holy Radiance. Add em up.
    Okay, I one up you then, factor in Divine Aegis (PoH crit shield) and you are sitting at 48% of his healing.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

AM is a good raid cd? Do you or have you played a 85 pally? I have an 85 priest and pally so yea. Also you say it's hardly a few seconds I would say 8 seconds is a few seconds I don't know what you consider a few seconds 2 3? As for me "floundering" why don't you accept the fact holy is in a good place and stop being so jelly of the fact pallys got an aoe heal.

Also nice one Redriot hadn't noticed that I think you got burned afflictid!
    A few is relative to the size/length of time. An 8 second channel is on the upper side of of healing casts. So 8 is not a few.

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Okay, I one up you then, factor in Divine Aegis (PoH crit shield) and you are sitting at 48% of his healing.
    Divine Aegis procs off of all crit heals a discipline priest casts...

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 06:23 PM ----------

Also, we use AM as a preplanned raid cooldown in just about every fight. How is it not a good raid cooldown?

A few is relative to the size/length of time. An 8 second channel is on the upper side of of healing casts. So 8 is not a few.

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 06:22 PM ----------

Divine Aegis procs off of all crit heals a discipline priest casts...
    But with how much he spammed PoH it's very safe to say the majority of Divine Aegis came from PoH (Which doesn't need to crit to put it up)