Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

100-Ton ballistics missile

in response the euro missile shield the US is building Russia is building 100-Ton Ballistics Missile also called the Satan missile
    http://articles.businessinsider.com/...ceptor-topol-m

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

Yay!!! Actually why is a missile this big needed? I don't get the world sometimes...scratch that a LOT and it makes me sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are REPLACING the ''Satan missile'', not making it.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by MustacheSnowglobe View Post
    Yay!!! Actually why is a missile this big needed? I don't get the world sometimes...scratch that a LOT and it makes me sad.
    it's an arms race. Our opponent makes a shield that cannot be penetrated, so we make a weapon that can penetrate it. we're basically in a cold war without declaring we're in a cold war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia has a history of building giant weapons that look and sound terrifying but don't actually work.

I suppose the Tsar bomb was more or less a success, but seeing as you can't put it on a missile, it's useless against any nation with modern defenses. Still pretty scary though.

Russian military scientists make me thing of Warcraft goblins.

"You hear those Russian's built a super-cannon?"
    "Yeah, but they haven't tested it yet."
    "How do you know?"
    "It's still standing."
    "But what if it actually works?"
    "Then god help us all."

More or less my thoughts on this missile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastblow View Post
    in response the euro missile shield the US is building Russia is building 100-Ton Ballistics Missile also called the Satan missile
    http://articles.businessinsider.com/...ceptor-topol-m
    It is not called Satan. Satan is NATO code-name for older missile to be replaced by this one.

This reminds me of something it :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    it's an arms race. Our opponent makes a shield that cannot be penetrated, so we make a weapon that can penetrate it. we're basically in a cold war without declaring we're in a cold war.
    Pretty much this. They won´t use it (Hopefully) unless someone attacks them first.

Fuck that missile shield while we are at it

10+ Year Old Account
    So US, what about now? No economic sanctions? No plans of invasion?

Sounds really cool.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    We only invade little counties that can't fight back didn't you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You want us to invade another member of the security council?

wat...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    You want us to invade another member of the security council?

wat...
    Yep, sorry about that. I left the "middle eastern country with crap to no military" part out.

Deleted
    Seriously, nobody has the balls to press the red button.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why NATO is not providing legal guarantees that the missile shield won't be directed at Russia. They specifically said that they would be on board if they did that. Why aren't they giving them these simple documents if they say it's not directed at them? This could start up some shit, seeing as how paranoid them Russians can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Seriously, nobody has the balls to press the red button.
    http://www.cracked.com/article_19546...-survived.html

We got lucky.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    I don't understand why NATO is not providing legal guarantees that the missile shield won't be directed at Russia. They specifically said that they would be on board if they did that. Why aren't they giving them these simple documents if they say it's not directed at them? This could start up some shit, seeing as how paranoid them Russians can be.
    Because we like Europe (usually) and want to protect them from nuclear obliteration?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.cracked.com/article_19546...-survived.html

We got lucky.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 04:36 PM ----------

Because we like Europe (usually) and want to protect them from nuclear obliteration?
    I don't see how that has anything to do with giving the Russians simple documents stating that the missile shield isn't directed at them. Wouldn't that benefit Europe more? Or am I missing something?

deleted....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    I don't see how that has anything to do with giving the Russians simple documents stating that the missile shield isn't directed at them. Wouldn't that benefit Europe more? Or am I missing something?
    If I'm not mistaken, the Russians want it removed completely.

Basically, the shield removes the MAD principle, by making it so that we can nuke Russia but they can't nuke us. Since most missiles can be shot down manually in the time it takes them to get from Russia to North America, Russia's primary target in nuclear war would be Europe. Kind of like how when you can't kill Batman, you go after everyone he loves and cares about. The shield takes that away too.

Which makes this politically awkward for Russia, because they are basically saying "We demand the right to vaporize smaller and weaker nations without interference!". While it's somewhat justified, it's a hard line to sell.

If I'm not mistaken, the Russians want it removed completely.

Basically, the shield removes the MAD principle, by making it so that we can nuke Russia but they can't nuke us. Since most missiles can be shot down manually in the time it takes them to get from Russia to North America, Russia's primary target in nuclear war would be Europe. Kind of like how when you can't kill Batman, you go after everyone he loves and cares about. The shield takes that away too.

Which makes this politically awkward for Russia, because they are basically saying "We demand the right to vaporize smaller and weaker nations without interference!". While it's somewhat justified, it's a hard line to sell.
    Alternatively one can just say they got WMDs?

Also, im not rocket scientist but wouldn't it be PRETTY DAMN STUPID for them to nuke europe since they like, live there? Especially if it's just for something silly like "getting" the US.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 05:57 PM ----------

Also did you just compare the US to batman....