Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    if u think gw2 as a pvp e-sport that has a pve mmo component attached to it and relies on micro-transactions for income, then it becomes clearer to see how its future will be.

think team fortress 2. which the devs also have referenced to.
    But that's not what GW2 is at all, no developer would design an entire game system like Dynamic Events for a tacked on gameplay component. GW2 is equally a PvE & PvP game through and through. To be quite honest there hasn't been an MMO to focus on both equally since GW1, every MMO has either been PvE with PvP tacked on (everything under the sun) or PvP with PvE tacked on (WAR/Aion).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    But that's not what GW2 is at all, no developer would design an entire game system like Dynamic Events for a tacked on gameplay component. GW2 is equally a PvE & PvP game through and through. To be quite honest there hasn't been an MMO to focus on both equally since GW1, every MMO has either been PvE with PvP tacked on (everything under the sun) or PvP with PvE tacked on (WAR/Aion).
    Ehh, WoW use to be like that though.

WoW was equally a PvE Raiding game as much as a PvP game. When you did enough of either one, you got great gear, and you could jump into either slot (minus tank gear). But since Burning Crusade, they tacked on Resilience, and thus pretty much killed PvP for me since I'm a dungeon stalker... I mean crawler. >_>

WoW aside, I still can see GW2 surviving for more than 5 years as long as they give us an expansion or two! Box price + online store = yeah, they'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    maybe i was overstating the pvp side of gw2. this is becos i see so many ppl approaching gw2 from a "where is the raid/DEs r not good enough" view. i wanted to tug the view more to the pvp side, which the devs have been showcasing a lot.
    the devs have talked a lot about pvp and pve. but i feel they have been demo'ing pvp a lot more than DEs: more exhibitions with gameplay on pvp than on DEs.