Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Bring the player NOT the class Blizz fail again ?

So everybody see the KIM Raiders DMG table. 7 mages, 5 rouges. Comment pls... I sad for feel blizz failed again, and this patch come lot of bugs.

- Random DC
    - Tapped Mines
    - LFR banns
    - Crap Patch movie
    - Recycled raid zones ( malygos, the monster inside X2, the temple )
    - Hagara shield bug

and more.. Tell me blizz what are you doing, and where is the old wow programmers and developers ?

It's their Developer Team D just being a bit rusty.

Dev Team A working with SC2
    Dev Team B working with Diablo 3
    Dev Team C working with Titan
    Hi

Deleted
    I'm not sure that "crap patch movie" and "recycled raid zones" are bugs. I think that for most guilds, when they get to HC spine/madness are unlikely to be class stacking. There will always be an optimal spec(s) for a fight, since you can't balance all the specs to perform exactly the same on every fight.

If you'd have read the interview you would have seen it is bring the player, the right alt/spec of the player. Just a bonus of having so much free time as a raider at the top and leveling/gearing being so easy.

Deleted
    Yeah, but in the BC blizz said " We make balance, bring player etc etc etc " ... Not worked.

Movie and recycled raid zones - yes not a bug, just hang me down this modesty. Modesty for the big money making game.

- People DC every patch, nothing new.
    - Mines have been trapped since the beginning of Cata
    - Oh no, people exploited a system Blizzard put in the game, better blame Blizzard.
    - Meh
    - Nice job actually paying attention to the lore and story behind the raid
    - Again, mechanics are bugged every patch. You can't expect Blizzard to have everything 100% perfect, because their testers (the people who use PTR) are the only means they have of mass beta testing. If people flat out decide to not report bugs on the PTR, the bugs stay.

As far as raid stacking, there will always be a class/spec that does more damage/heals better/tanks better than another class. Does this affect YOU personally? No, because you're not a world first guild. Min/maxing classes only applies to the top of the top guilds.

Stop complaining

Deleted
    - Yeah because the addons not updated, but not now. ( Blizz know this error )
    - Yes, just a lot more now after the patch
    - the mistake is mistake
    - Meh or not meh this is important for me and another players.
    - kidding

Affect because all guilds ( little progress oriented ) bring mages stacks. As for my Guild is.

LOL this happen every patch whether it's old team or new team. I am not sure what you are complaining about.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bring the player not the class don't apply to heroic content. Specially not when pushing for world first. And what you see is alot of players on their alts, meening, they bring the PLAYER not the class, as in recruiting a bunch of class Y.

15+ Year Old Account
    min maxing in full high end pew pew AAA teams for world firsts is not = min maxing for 7 mages in every casual guild on the world

i know enough teams, mine inlcuded, where you have arms warrior ;O ret palas, moonkins and other underrated specs carrying the rest of the DPS through content.

also, there are just fights where some specs or classis shine more than others. but it is not like some classes are completly useless or sth.
    so i dont know whats your prob. or are you in one of those AAA team and play a Beastmaster hunter?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

KIN Raiders Madness of Deathwing Raid Composition: only 2 mages and 3 rogues. However, there was 6 shamans.

If you want bring the player not the class, they you are going to have to homogenize all classes and trivialize encounters to the point where it doesn't matter how much better another class is then the FOTM class.

Deleted
    Bring the player not the class never have and never will work for World First kills due to how undergeard to that content you will be so they need to make that up with classes that can bring that niche thats required for that specific boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real sickener for me was the line "However, it's impossible to defeat the latter half the encounters with just these two classes. It is critical that other classes provide support/utility for them."

The suggestion that everything else on spine was merely support or buff sticks for the mages/rogues.

._.

Ghostcrawler just don't give a rats ass about class balance. Simple as that.

They had the numbers even before the patch, it was put out in the open in every simulator there is. And yet they didn't do anything to balance it out. They just had to change a few numbers for a few classes. But nono, that would make them look stupid and terrible at their job. Imagine that simulations made by players are better than the numbers they get internally.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2011-12-22 at 11:46 AM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

For whatever it's worth, the issue with Spine is a bit more than just what you'd see with other bosses where people exclude ineffective specs. Most core raiders in any given guild will need to sit this boss because only a handful of specs are capable of doing enough damage to the tendon.

Having said that, it's not a huge deal and "bring the player not the class" doesn't apply and hasn't for a long time on difficult content. Guilds that want to kill things pre-nerf need to utilise alts, simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emane View Post
    Bring the player not the class don't apply to heroic content. Specially not when pushing for world first. And what you see is alot of players on their alts, meening, they bring the PLAYER not the class, as in recruiting a bunch of class Y.
    Are you.. serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    The real sickener for me was the line "However, it's impossible to defeat the latter half the encounters with just these two classes. It is critical that other classes provide support/utility for them."

The suggestion that everything else on spine was merely support or buff sticks for the mages/rogues.

._.
    My thoughts exactly...

Deleted

._.
    I personaly dont see the problem with that, due to how spine is (or atleast how i have read it is) the damage you need to burst out is insane and getting buffs and what not for the classes that have enough burst for the tendons is kinda self explanitory.

._.
    They were. What I find especially ridiculous is the Mages and the Rogues. When Cata dropped, Fire was viable, rng dependent, but viable. Arcane lagged behind on anything that wasn't Sinestra so Arcane got 2(3?) consecutive buffs. Firelands is here and now Arcane mages with legendaries are overshadowing most classes, but fire is lagging behind on anything that isn't Alysrazor. Then Fire gets a buff, now Fire is one of the highest dps specs in the game.

Rogues, like all melee have been struggling. But with the melee buff and rogue specific buffs, they decided a legendary was also in order. People said immediatley that the easy to get daggers were way too strong and would put rogues easily and quickly ahead of a lot of other classes after all the other buffs, and Blizzard did nothing.

It's just incomprehensible to me.
    1% of the Heroes control 100% of the winrates
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet

Deleted
    I actually enjoy when Blizzard reuse old places, when it makes sense. For example, going back to the Wyrmrest temple was great ! Why wouldn't something happen somewhere just because something else happened there once ? It's actually the opposite, if a place is really important, it would make sense that many things happen there. It is the same thing with NPCs, if he/she is important (major lore character) then they should be involved with many events (and I can't see why major places couldn't be involved in different events). If they reuse Onyxia, Nefarian or Ragnaros, it will be too much though...