Thread: Stance Re-work?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Since Death Knights are Warriors but better
    What? Lol.. Deathknights deathknights, Warriors are warriors. it is hard to compare any two classes and call them 'the same'. Maybe the deathknights you have played with are really good. Or maybe you're really bad.

I personally like the look of this, I don't stance dance in the first place because I find it to be a massive waste of time and keybinds. This just means I have to switch to this stance before I bladestorm(which classifys as whirlwind, but in 4.4 Avatar puts it to shame either way..), or when I sweepingstrikes cleave spam. Not a big deal.

I honestly just wish they would add some kind of interesting mechanic that makes more of a difference between Battle and Berserker Stance. Don't call 20% more WW and Cleave damage interesting or so help me god I will facepalm.

Personally I think Stances should modify certain abilities based on spec, but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

I would make WW instant for Berserker stance, and only Berserker stance. Possibly a rage requirement drop too.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

What I would do with Stances:

Battle Stance;
    10% increased Damage, GCD reduced to 0.5 sec., reduces the duration of Crowd Control effects (including slows, snares, stuns, immobilizes, mind control, roots, sleeps, blinds, and incapacitate effects) by 15%

Defensive Stance; 10% reduced damage taken, bake Hold the Line into the stance, movement speed increased by 15% (passive threat generation increase is *ONLY* active when specced as Protection, so you can safely change to this and DPS during heavy raid damage periods)

Berserker Stance; 15% increased haste, auto attacks and abilities generate 15% more rage (stacks with Endless Rage), Every 3 Bloodlusts or Mortal Strikes causes your next Bloodlust to reset cooldown, but the second Bloodlust or Mortal Strike cannot critically hit.(2 in a row, the second proc doesn't start re-stacking the effect, first does).

Changing Stances does not reset the effect (so if you have 2 charges and change shances, you can continue stacking it, but after you use the double proc you won't start stacking it again)

Oh look, all stances now do something practical. You can use all abilities in all stances with MoP. Having serious Rage generation issues? No problem. Hit that berserker stance up. Taking shittons of damage? Gotta move out of shit? Think you might not make it? Defensive Stance. Time to nuke shit down? Battle Stance.

Boom. Stances now relevant, and aren't just some retarded static buff. All have a practical use. Fuck that 20% AoE shit, that's fucking lazy with zero innovative design. They're just blowing stances off again like they did for the last 2 expansions.

No, I'm sorry, they gave Battle Stance 10% static Armor Pen in LK, which I was and still am thankful for.
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I would do with Stances:
    Battle Stance;
    GCD reduced to 0.5 sec.
    And thats why we leave the big boys do the class balancing.

The rest of the ideas arent that bad though, they just need to decide the direction they want stances to go.
    Being battle=single, defensive=tank and berserker=aoe is already a pretty good start.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2011-12-23 at 02:43 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    And thats why we leave the big boys do the class balancing.

The rest of the ideas arent that bad though, they just need to decide the direction they want stances to go.
    Being battle=single, defensive=tank and berserker=aoe is already a pretty good start.
    Yeah, I guess the GCD being reduced to 0.5 sec is going a little overboard. I don't think that would work anyway, what with the cooldowns and rage cost of abilities in MoP being as they are. It would just allow heavier, faster burst if done right.

But the fact remains; stances are retarded static buffs. 20% more Cleave and WW damage wouldn't do shit. IMHO I think Berserker Stance should just have Sweeping Strikes baked into it, but rage costs increased by 20% (so basically Blade Flurry)

I just want them to DO SOMETHING.
    1) wintraded.