Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

How often do you get bots in your bg?

I remember you'd see a bot or two when you joined bg's in the early hours but very, very rarely saw them during the day but since I came back after 4.3 I have to say I'm seeing bots all the fucking time, constantly in pretty much every bg I do regardless of what time it is, I honestly can't believe how many bots I'm seeing in bg's these days and sometimes you will end up with 3-4 in a single 15 vs 15 man bg, this is fucking up bg's big time because on alliance 15 vs 15 is hard enough, 15 vs 10 is pointless.

So my question is, are bots becoming so frequent that you see them in every bg or am I just unlucky?

Way too often.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda reminds me of FPS games years ago where wallhacks and aimbots started off being rare then everyone and their granny soon had them eventually killing off that game, I can't see wow surviving well in terms of casual bg's if they don't pull the finger out and do something pretty soon because at this rate 15 vs 15 will be 5 vs 5 with the other 20 being bots and people will just get pissed off and stop doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmp View Post
    Way too often.
    Idd. Did like 10bgs on the weekend and kicked roughly 10 to 15 ppl
    Shit gets out of control

Just curious, Im fairly new to BG's and PvP and was wondering how do you tell if theres a bot or not? And know for sure.

I see them ALL the time. It's so easy to tell when someone either has you on follow, or they randomly attack stuff, die, and then rez and run to the same spot, and randomly attack using the same spell, whatever. It's so irritating for those of us who enjoy pvp and are consistenly outnumbered by the opposing team simply because we have people in the group who aren't doing their part.

Deleted
    You know some bots actually play better than like 80% of real players in BGs... They attack, heal, even interrupt/silence.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    You know some bots actually play better than like 80% of real players in BGs... They attack, heal, even interrupt/silence.
    tbh, i'm guilty of botting on my resto shaman. However I made sure the bot i used would be competent and not be a burden on legitimate players. I've had games where i would top the healing charts with over 4 million healing done in a single game.

Quote Originally Posted by Unsub View Post
    Just curious, Im fairly new to BG's and PvP and was wondering how do you tell if theres a bot or not? And know for sure.
    * Some of them just put /follow on some player and just do absolutly jack shit.
    * Some of them like feral druids is meleeing in melee form.
    * Some of them running around in the same route all the time untill someone attacks them and then they start casting spells in the same rotation all the time.
    * Healers just run to a base and start cap, if they get attacked they spam heals on themself and do not move a inch.

That is just some of the different bots I have seen.

It would be easier to track how many bg's I've done which DIDN'T have bots. I've given up reporting them, Blizz does nothing about it because ultimately they're paying customers too. I'll admit they are a lot more advanced than they used to be, where they will attack / heal etc. but you know they're bots by the rigid path they follow. I had to laugh at one WSG where 7 of our players and about 5 horde were bots. I was standing below the horde gy with some legitimate players from both sides just /boggling while watching all the horde / ally bots on the same path. They had made a virtually solid line of circling players, looked funny with them being same faction.

The additional bots have also made it so if you are afk for 15 seconds at a GY for a real problem at home (kid trouble, spill, any random minor emergency) you automatically get Cowed.
    Krimson states...
    Clearly the correct play here is to drop acid everyday.
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    You must not heard of HonorBuddy.

Or any of the other bot programs that got their asses turned to dust in court by Blizzard.
    You must not have heard of how it didn't make a difference. Hence the OP's topic. dot dot dot

I see at least one if not two bots in every BG I'm in. :/

Deleted
    Half a year ago I quit because of bots in BGs. It's been two weeks since I subscribed again and now it's even worse. I play WoW mostly for BGs but this is too much, paying for mmo where I play against bots... (AV between 2 and 8 AM is bot-fest). I guess this was my last chance for WoW, won't be going back until they solve problem with bots. And I'm afraid they can't ban them all because there is too much of them.
    Last edited by mmoc1dbcdc2134; 2011-12-28 at 07:12 AM.

1 per BG . Unless that "bot" is a really really really bad player that looks like a bot :/

There seems to be 1 to 4 in the smaller maps every fight. The ones that really sucks is AV and Isle since they can cost you the fight and there are tons of them. Bots in Isle is just reason number 65million they should delete that shitty map though, while they are doing that kill off its other Wrath brother Strands.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

"lets make BGs awarD XP" <-- the cause of the increase in botting, and also the death of twinking (a HUGE way to keep people interested in the game). sweet policies blizz, that was well thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalvin View Post
    tbh, i'm guilty of botting on my resto shaman. However I made sure the bot i used would be competent and not be a burden on legitimate players. I've had games where i would top the healing charts with over 4 million healing done in a single game.
    Heres to hoping you and the other bots out there get eye and genital cancer and the rest of their bosy is covered in fire for 3 to 5 minutes a month.

I don't remember seeing many when i left awhile ago except for av or ioc they can be ridiculous there.

If they would be much more agressive with punishments this would slow down or stop. Strip acounts of honor, cp and gear on top of a multi day suspension on the first offense. Lock repeaters out of pvp and suspend them further. If the punishment is strict enough boting wont be worth it for 99% of players. Right now its easy to get away with and the punishment is fairly light the first time or 2.