Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I'm just hoping I can bind these extra mouse buttons.
    And these G1-12 buttons on my keyboard (G110) without making a silly macro like in WoW.
    Can't live without them.

This may actually be my only concern about GW2.
    Shouldn't you be able to bind the G key to normal key in the Logitech software?
    i.e. pressing G1 is the same as press J. Because that's how I have my G13 keyboard set up.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They are evil, they are also not part of Mif's cookie plan.
    Shhhhh, can't let them know too much

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    That's also in the demo and likely wont be there at release =D

As for me... the only thing i dislike at the moment is i feel that the capital cities will feel to... safe...I would like to see bandits or something sack a few merchants/ crafting trainers in some rare event, or centaurs taking over a district, but if they don't i wont be distraught, or even minorly annoyed lol
    Skyrim -----> that way.

Seriously though, I have nothing to complain about. Except that the fucking game isn't out yet.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SPeedy26 View Post
    1.) guardians can't dual wield swords (otherwise I would make guardian my main class :P)
    2.) I think you should be able to invite more then 5 ppl in open world content
    1.) There are other professions that can dual wield, it'd be a little homogenized with everyone dual wielding.
    2.) Why? You're rewarded for playing cooperatively without being in the same party.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skelington is a bit worried at how the community will turn out. Warcraft's was rather... 'good' for a time... but that collapsed into some sort of subterranean depth below Tartarus.
    Things like:

Things like that disappoint Skelington.
    I agree. I am seeing a lot of that and I just hope I don't have to deal with it in game.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    nothing that i can say i dislike from videos etc, playing the game i may find some things, the only things that scare me about the game are things that could happen. The one thing that would switch me off buying this is a lfg system, if they put that in especally with the sever wide 3 way battles, which are there to promote people on each sever banding together, i think i would just stop following the game, unless the pve content was truely out of this world.

Personally i will have 6 friends or so to play the 5 man content with , so i will always have a full team to go for the hardest content, but the lfg system is just such a community destroyer in my opinion i dont think i could play a game that has it
    Agree 100%. I hope we don't ever see that. People are lazy enough, and all it'll do is crowd the cities with people waiting for queue times. I quit World of Queuecraft because of how lazy people were and how entitled they felt when they had to do jack shit to get into a group instantly to get purples they "earned". I hope to God we don't see a community-destroying aspect like a lfg system in place.

The party system they had in GW1 was basic and it worked. Looking for a group? OK, we'll list your name, professions, level, and what you want to do. If someone is looking to invite you or join in on your group they can see the looking for group window, talk to you, and invite you or have you invite them. Involves communicating with people on YOUR realm, encourages group play, and diminishes the chances of the "who gives a shit" attitude in lfg in WoW.

All LFG adds is inconsiderate, rude assholes. Ninja looters. And all the while people just swear constantly, grief, ninja, talk shit, and they join the queue, do their job, leave an repeat. Where is the social aspect or fun in that? Just makes it a grind fest. No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    1. How can you dislike Guardians :O?
    they can't duel wield :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post

1.) There are other professions that can dual wield, it'd be a little homogenized with everyone dual wielding.
    2.) Why? You're rewarded for playing cooperatively without being in the same party.
    1.)I didn't want all classes to duel wield just stated it was something I wanted for the guardian with the classification that it was a petty personal problem I had with the profession.
    2.) because I can foresee me and 6 friends grouping together and it would be nice not to spam in guild chat while questing, and as you said it doesn't mater if were grouped or not so a limit to party in the open world is not needed.(although I can understand the need for one say 100 :P?

Agree 100%. I hope we don't ever see that. People are lazy enough, and all it'll do is crowd the cities with people waiting for queue times. I quit World of Queuecraft because of how lazy people were and how entitled they felt when they had to do jack shit to get into a group instantly to get purples they "earned". I hope to God we don't see a community-destroying aspect like a lfg system in place.

The party system they had in GW1 was basic and it worked. Looking for a group? OK, we'll list your name, professions, level, and what you want to do. If someone is looking to invite you or join in on your group they can see the looking for group window, talk to you, and invite you or have you invite them. Involves communicating with people on YOUR realm, encourages group play, and diminishes the chances of the "who gives a shit" attitude in lfg in WoW.

All LFG adds is inconsiderate, rude assholes. Ninja looters. And all the while people just swear constantly, grief, ninja, talk shit, and they join the queue, do their job, leave an repeat. Where is the social aspect or fun in that? Just makes it a grind fest. No thank you.
    LFG did not start crowding the cities in WOW, that was the fact all they had to do at lv cap was dailys, GW2 has solved this with the side kicking system.True LFG had inherent problems but your looking at it through how wow implemented it
    1.) discouraged communication due to the fact it was another guy from another sever. But GW2 allows you to hope severs so that means you can befriend a person you would have met in LFG
    2.) ninjaing was so easy in a LFG run. GW2 gives everyone loot so you can't ninja

What I'm saying is that just because wow's LFG system is bad does not mean it would be bad if ArenaNet developed one for GW2
    Last edited by SPeedy26; 2011-12-27 at 01:49 PM.

snip.
    No man I wasn't trying to bash you or anything, I hope that's not what you got from my posts.

I guess you do have a point with the lfg thing being different in GW from WoW. Though I don't plan on switching servers at all unless the one I start on becomes dead almost instantly or something. I think it's player's own responsibility to have an idea of what they're doing instead of just mindlessly server transferring for the heck of it. If they do meet people on that server that they like and want to interact with they should value it and stay on that server instead of continuously transferring. That's a different topic for a different thread though.

With regards to the party thing, I have thought about that, but really even in WoW if you wanted to quest with 6 friends 1 would be the odd man/woman out because you can't complete quests in a raid group. It's just the standard and I don't think there's reason to change though I know I will often need to volounteer to sit out while the rest of my friends have fun in the group. Doesn't mean I won't be in the group, just means I won't be in their party. So it's all kosher to me for now.

No man I wasn't trying to bash you or anything, I hope that's not what you got from my posts.
    nah man I didn't think you were trying to bash me I just wanted to clear up the post you responded to :P

I guess you do have a point with the lfg thing being different in GW from WoW. Though I don't plan on switching servers at all unless the one I start on becomes dead almost instantly or something. I think it's player's own responsibility to have an idea of what they're doing instead of just mindlessly server transferring for the heck of it. If they do meet people on that server that they like and want to interact with they should value it and stay on that server instead of continuously transferring. That's a different topic for a different thread though.
    the way I understand the sever system is it's kinda like guild war's guest system. your account always belongs to one sever while you can visst other severs as a guest "except the ones your sever is WVWVWing"

With regards to the party thing, I have thought about that, but really even in WoW if you wanted to quest with 6 friends 1 would be the odd man/woman out because you can't complete quests in a raid group. It's just the standard and I don't think there's reason to change though I know I will often need to volounteer to sit out while the rest of my friends have fun in the group. Doesn't mean I won't be in the group, just means I won't be in their party. So it's all kosher to me for now.
    it'd just be weird to not have a solid form of communication, maybe they could allow you to make custom channels that would work for me too :P (although I'd still perfuer the group thing -_-)

nice talk Mkalafut :P

nice talk :P

I dislike the fact that there's no exclusive grouped content... to my knowledge, at least. I like shared experiences, they're particularly awesome. But knowing that I could have soloed it ruins it for me.

Dungeons are just the 4 people you invited. Beyond 5 persons, no. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No one who plays seriously would want to use 100% default binds in an MMO.

Shudder @ baddies walking backwards with the S key.
    There's only a few keybinds I would change. Naturally, A and D would become strafe so I can turn with my mouse and strafe without getting used to using Q and E again. Razer Naga takes care of 1-8 for me.

Honestly, my biggest complaint is my complete inability to know what profession to choose first. I had an easier time deciding what class/build I was going to use in Rift, and I had like a billion options there. The classes are all so similar while being so disparate, it's frustrating. The only 2 professions I'm not really in a rush for are the Elementalist and Engineer. Even then, I can't say I won't change my mind.

Minor nitpicks:

-Day cycle could be a bit longer, but I'll get by.
    -No dwarfs (lorewise, it's totally understandable)
    -Seems like there'll be far too many waypoints (but I'll be thankful for each and every one of them at some point)
    -Nothing substantial to dislike about the game for me so far.

Life is so unfair, isn't it?

nah man I didn't think you were trying to bash me I just wanted to clear up the post you responded to :P

the way I understand the sever system is it's kinda like guild war's guest system. your account always belongs to one sever while you can visst other severs as a guest "except the ones your sever is WVWVWing"

it'd just be weird to not have a solid form of communication, maybe they could allow you to make custom channels that would work for me too :P (although I'd still perfuer the group thing -_-)

nice talk Mkalafut :P

nice talk :P
    Nice talk indeed =)

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 10:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    I dislike the fact that there's no exclusive grouped content... to my knowledge, at least. I like shared experiences, they're particularly awesome. But knowing that I could have soloed it ruins it for me.
    You're a new face in the GW2 forums. You need to look up some more videos and information before making a comment like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    You click interrupts?

But yes, you can keybind in Gw2. I think I've seen it in quite some videos and it would be a really big concern for me if it wouldn't be possible. I also hope EVERYTHING will be rebindable (WoW did a pretty good job here) and also shift-X and control-X etc. will be available. Though that probably wont be really necessary, but well see.
    lol i click everything, surprisingly the main reason i miss rupts in GW1 is because i overestimate how fast my mesmers casting really is, so i que the rupt while i'm mid spell cast.... God i need to break that habit...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

So far, what I like:

• Personal responsibility. As I understand it, if you die, it's your fault for not dodging out of the way, using your self heal, etc., there's no blaming the healer or the tank for your failures. I just hope the community understands this.
    • More personal responsibility. To get something out of a dynamic event, you have to participate and your reward is tuned to your level of participation.
    • No grinding, particularly for gear. Taken from "The One Thread":
      "Each method of obtaining gear provides equal quality gear, the gear just has a different design/look based on the method obtained.
      At level 80, gear quickly and easily reaches a power plateau to ensure everyone is on equal footing so that a player's Skill is more important than their gear."
    • I can't express how glad it makes me 1) that gear from various methods are equal in quality and 2) that there appears to be no grinding for weeks/months to get the "best" gear, only to have to continue chasing the carrot in a new patch.
    • The 10 (and only 10) skill slots at the time, with 5 chosen for you based on your weapon. I just like the relative simplicity of it compared to 5+ bars capable of holding 12 abilities each.
    • The mesmer, elementalist, and necromancer professions (and to lesser extent the engineer and thief professions) all greatly interest me. I hope there will be enough character slots for me to play them all and I'd probably even buy a slot or two depending on the price if I had to.
    • The store will have purely cosmetic items, and no monthly fee to play. Now don't get me wrong, I'll pay a monthly fee if the game can hold my attention for months, but no monthly fee means that if all I get out of the game is the enjoyment of the personal story and a couple of dungeons or pvp excursions, then I'll be happy and feel like I got my money's worth.
    • That you can apparently discover at least some crafting recipes by experimenting.
    • Dynamic events sound very intriguing.
    • Skill interactions sound like they could add nice profession synergy.

Now these aren't so much dislikes as they are concerns. I don't think I know enough about the game to really dislike parts of it yet:

• Assigning attributes. I fear it's going to just be something I look up online to figure out what the best spread is.
    • From the sound of it there's no LFD. I know it's a heated topic, but it doesn't have to be cross-realm which is the real problem with it. Just some tool you can use to quickly group up with people on your realm to go to a dungeon with (doesn't even have to port you to the dungeon). Just something to keep me from having to bark in a city general chat channel looking for a group.
    • From videos I've seen, it was a bit hard to see what was going on. I hope it's just a matter of unfamiliarity with the skills in the game and the video being a more cinematographic style rather than from the perspective of someone playing.
    • Like Skelington I have concerns about the community. With luck, maybe the lack of raids and a dungeon finder will ensure that the "you must keybind and mouse-move or you are a terribad" people and the "I like to click everything and only move using the keyboard" people will never meet and cause community problems. Likewise, I hope the style in which gear is given removes the grief over "loot ninjas" and such. But realistically, I think it's not the WoW community or even the MMO community that has gone bad, but the internet community as a whole.
    • I fear that with weapons assigning skills to the first 5 slots, there will be "best" weapons to use for each profession and if you don't use those, you are a "terribad" or otherwise nerfing yourself.
    • I have concerns that the dynamic events will be rather limited. Whenever I hear an example of them, it's really the same example. I hope it's because they don't want to give too much away, but I fear it's because that example is one of only a few that exist.
    • I have the same concern about the skill interactions as I do about the dynamic events and for the same reasons.

Maybe someone who has been following the game longer and in more detail than I have can assuage these concerns.
    Last edited by Klahkeme; 2011-12-28 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it's ready.

I hate that one line now more than anything else in gw2. I know there's a mother fucking deadline, ArenaNet just wants to sound cool like they care more than other game developers because they wont let a game go to launch before every single little thing is perfect. Investors and publishers don't just throw you money and say "ok now, sweetie, you just bring that product out when you can so we can get our money back /huggles."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuj View Post
    When it's ready.

I hate that one line now more than anything else in gw2. I know there's a mother fucking deadline, ArenaNet just wants to sound cool like they care more than other game developers because they wont let a game go to launch before every single little thing is perfect. Investors and publishers don't just throw you money and say "ok now, sweetie, you just bring that product out when you can so we can get our money back /huggles."
    They say ''When i'ts ready'' because they don't have a deadline. Sure, they have a date they would love to release the game, but it's not a deadline, if they can't release the game at that date, they continue working and fix it.

Blizzard for example, abuse the word. They always say ''When it's ready'' but they're actually being pushed, and have to release the game at that date because the publisher says so. Cataclysm for example, was a rushed expansion.

''When it's ready'' is better saying than telling the community that the game will be released 2 years from now on on this date, and when the game isn't coming out, people will flame, bash and rage.

Deleted
    I dislike the possibility that the game could become overwhelmed from asshats jumping ship from WoW. Not to sound like a GW1 elitist or something but before heroes and mercs became so overly popular in GW1 the community in GW1 rocked, almost no anal jokes flame baiting in district channels etc. Now most people just solo unless you join a guild specifically for speed clearing.

really not a fan of the whole WvsWvsW thingy
    I watched some videos of DAoC which also had this big PvP thing and it was just one big blob of unorganized mess
    I liked GW1 for it's focused, small team based pvp, throwing additional 484 people into this turns the whole thing into a giant clusterfuck

I know there is still arena based pvp, but i feel like the WvWvW takes resources away from my precious team based pvp ^^

I saw a lot about Guild Wars 2 and it's hard to find something I dislike but I will have to say I will miss only fashion raids found in game such as SWTOR,WOW and others.
    But if I look at the whole picture there is definitely more things I like than dislike buy a huge margin

Long time reader, first time poster. And I only made an account to discuss GW2, lol. Ironic isn't it?
    Anyway:

Like some people mentioned, I only dislike the fact that the game is not released yet. Jesus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Planar Sphere View Post
    Long time reader, first time poster. And I only made an account to discuss GW2, lol. Ironic isn't it?
    Anyway:

Like some people mentioned, I only dislike the fact that the game is not released yet. Jesus.

Welcome to the crowd

What I like: Giant Viking men Norn.

What I dislike: most things about the game. The trailers kind of make me go...ehhhhhhhhh? boring.

Only thing i've seen that didn't look boring was a Norn thief gameplay video.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!