Breaking the diablo 3 system.

Whats to stop us from having 2 accounts. hording a bunch of blizzard credits then using it to buy out a one time high priced item from the IRL money account?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Blizzard credits are split between accounts, thus they cannot be added together. Therefore you could not buy out one high priced item from the RMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillin D View Post
    The Blizzard credits are split between accounts, thus they cannot be added together. Therefore you could not buy out one high priced item from the RMAH.
    Dont link both accounts?

Deleted
    I've moved this to the D3 forum.

I don't really get the question though - how can you hoard blizzard credits? You get credits for selling items you farmed. Why would you need to hoard them on multiple accounts? Do you mean so you can take advantage of the free auctions per week and thus use multiple accounts to have free auctions and avoid the fees? But you need to have D3 registered on each account so that probably nullifies any profit you could make from that anyway, and it's likely that blizzard credits aren't transferrable, you can probably either spend them, or check them out into your paypal (with a fee).

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I've moved this to the D3 forum.

I don't really get the question though - how can you hoard blizzard credits? You get credits for selling items you farmed. Why would you need to hoard them on multiple accounts? Do you mean so you can take advantage of the free auctions per week and thus use multiple accounts to have free auctions and avoid the fees? But you need to have D3 registered on each account so that probably nullifies any profit you could make from that anyway, and it's likely that blizzard credits aren't transferrable, you can probably either spend them, or check them out into your paypal (with a fee).
    Its my understanding that if using blizzard credit you wouldint need to pay to list the item. And you could use that to your advantage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atsuma6626 View Post
    Its my understanding that if using blizzard credit you wouldint need to pay to list the item. And you could use that to your advantage.
    you have x free listings per week
    a d3 account costs 50$

it will take months till you would have made some profit out of that

As I understand:
    It's to avoid the micro transactions.
    The most recent article I've read on the topic says that you can do it two ways:
    1)Profit is stored on you bnet account but can only be used to buy stuff only inside that account - games, subscriptions or other items on RMAH.
    2)Or you can check out money after each sell to paypal, paying fees after each one.

This method means having 2 bnet accounts with 2 separate D3 subs going on in order to amass credits on one and then cash them out as one big purchase, hoping to reduce the fees.

As we have no idea what those fees and AH prices will end up being, we have no idea how profitable this would be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    As I understand:
    It's to avoid the micro transactions.
    The most recent article I've read on the topic says that you can do it two ways:
    1)Profit is stored on you bnet account but can only be used to buy stuff only inside that account - games, subscriptions or other items on RMAH.
    2)Or you can check out money after each sell to paypal, paying fees after each one.

This method means having 2 bnet accounts with 2 separate D3 subs going on in order to amass credits on one and then cash them out as one big purchase, hoping to reduce the fees.

As we have no idea what those fees and AH prices will end up being, we have no idea how profitable this would be.
    this makes a lot more sense

if its %-based you will lose the same ammount of money each way (if my logic is right here)

if its a flat price like 1$ per transaction then it would make sense and would be the smartest thing to do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atsuma6626 View Post
    I see, then you probably could get some advantage I suppose out of using multiple accounts, but we still don't have exact details. I thought that you only got a small number (estimated, 3?) free listings a week and if using blizzard credit you still had to pay fee to list above that - but we have no idea. We need to wait for confirmation.

I'm sure there is some way to use multiple accounts to some very small advantage, but unlikely to be worth it as fees are likely to be very small and multiple accounts will cost you another game license per account. Certainly, I don't think it will "break" the system as the title suggests, I think the advantage will be so minor that it will not affect the system really.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzna View Post
    this makes a lot more sense
    if its %-based you will lose the same ammount of money each way (if my logic is right here)
    if its a flat price like 1$ per transaction then it would make sense and would be the smartest thing to do
    Yeah.
    For example, Paypal's fee, AFAIK, fluctuates with the amount of cash transferred - the bigger the sum, the smaller % of that sum it will be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Yeah.
    For example, Paypal's fee, AFAIK, fluctuates with the amount of cash transferred - the bigger the sum, the smaller % of that sum it will be.
    Hmm, well I don't know if it differs worldwide, but in the UK, paypal is a static percentage regardless of the figure. The person receiving the money currently pays 3.4% unless the item is sent as a gift payment (no fees at all, but there is absolutely no protection/insurance and only designed for friends/family not for business transactions so I assume will not be valid here).

I've also just read that somewhere =_= Didn't ever use it yet.