Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

h hagara 10, holy or disc?

we're 2 healing this with a resto druid and a priest. have lanes assigned with 2 people handling 2 totems each for lightning phase. ice phase is a non issue. still working on this and dps execution on the totems could be faster/better (maybe a whole 2 seconds better but that margin is pretty slim).

we've noticed a couple of issues: a) pet classes taking more dmg than they should - unholy dk for instance getting rick rolled because of his ghoul; b) if one person fucks up on a totem it makes 2 more people have to wait to finish their 2, extending the length of the phase and increasing overall raid dmg; c) once tranq/hymn is up, our disc priests numbers go down by a large margin in comparison to the druid.

is holy hymn poh/coh better suited than disc for this phase? we aren't really seeing a practical use for barrier in this encounter either. any thoughts? appreciate any suggestions. ty.

Deleted
    I think you've answered your own thread.

Go holy!

Deleted
    Bit OT, but have you considered 3 healing? The whole ligthing phase gets super much easier with 3 healers and even if the dps is a bit slow you can get 4 burn phases before the enrage, at which point the boss just rolls over and dies.

Overall I would probably say that holy is better than disc for this fight, the whole moving around in frost phase is horrible for disc aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    I think you've answered your own thread.

Go holy!
    Pretty much this.

holy brings some nice utility to this fight. As already stated the divine hymn/coh and I also like to provide the body and soul buff to the lazy ppl in the ice phase.

Deleted
    If you are going to heal it with a druid go disc imo, having 1 good single target healer that can do some decent AOE healing is nice.

And you could use barrier when stacking in the middle in ice phase or in the lightning phase.

both disc and holy are viable for this fight. combined with a resto druid, id say disc, those classes seem to have a good synergy.

but i suggest you to consider adding a third healer. in opposite to some other fights (and normal modes ofc) this fight isnt that obviously a 2-heal fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy. You are gimping yourself for progression if you go disc. No practical use for barrier, way less mobility for frost phase, and divine hymn will pull your raid from the brink on lightning phase. Doable with either spec, no doubt, but holy wins out here.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

10+ Year Old Account
    our priest started t11 as holy and went disc for t12 and now has this stubborn attitude regarding holy, but just looking at various 10H world of logs reports and then comparing them with ours it's plain to see that his output could be better and i can only attribute that to him being disc. shields are great and all, but they are absorbs more than they are heals. perhaps i am wrong, i don't play a priest. i'm just thinking that we need more aoe healing and in my minds eye overheals > absorbs (or mitigation or w/e)? correct me if i am wrong, seriously. i don't mind any constructive criticism.

thanks for reminding me of body and soul also i nearly forgot about that entirely.

i suppose our other option would be to bring our h pally along and have our priest go atonement? my main worry 3 healing it would be hitting the enrage. i appreciate all the tips. ty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by helheim View Post
    our priest started t11 as holy and went disc for t12 and now has this stubborn attitude regarding holy, but just looking at various 10H world of logs reports and then comparing them with ours it's plain to see that his output could be better and i can only attribute that to him being disc. shields are great and all, but they are absorbs more than they are heals. perhaps i am wrong, i don't play a priest. i'm just thinking that we need more aoe healing and in my minds eye overheals > absorbs (or mitigation or w/e)? correct me if i am wrong, seriously. i don't mind any constructive criticism.

thanks for reminding me of body and soul also i nearly forgot about that entirely.

i suppose our other option would be to bring our h pally along and have our priest go atonement? my main worry 3 healing it would be hitting the enrage. i appreciate all the tips. ty.
    You shouldn't really worry to much about disc output. In the end you need a solution that works, if that means the druid gets all the output but the disc priest keeps the people taking the most dmg alive then that's one way to go. The reason holy is probably better is because how the whole fight works.

You start off with a bit of normal phase, you take some ice lances, you try to shield the shattered ice target and hope he doesn't die, any spec will do fine here, dmg is managable. You then get a frost phase or a lighthing phase. In the frost phase you run around while healing (10m), this can be rather stressful for disc, as people need to take dmg for bubbles to break otherwise it's a waste and you can't really stop to much and use gh/fh, sure you can shield the people going into the bubble, but holy can do that as the cd for holy pws is only 4 seconds after all. Holy has stronger renews, coh and HWS it can use while running around. Also the shields that holy give out can make the "slow" people catch up or increase the holy priests speed so he can use FL/GH more, the disc simply can't do this. After the frost phase you get another normal phase where any spec will do. Then you get a lighthing phase. Now while disc can do this alright with pwb(if u particial stack)+PI/PoH spam holy does a better job, there is no requirement to stack up as holy, just renew the runners and cast DH, it does absolutely retarded healing in lighthing phase and is available for all the lighthing phases, as the frost and lighthing phases rotate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Holy. You are gimping yourself for progression if you go disc.
    wut? i would love for you to elaborate on this.

Body and Soul + Divine Hymn available on every lightning phase makes holy substantially better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    Holy. You are gimping yourself for progression if you go disc.
    No practical use for barrier, way less mobility for frost phase, and divine hymn will pull your raid from the brink on lightning phase. Doable with either spec, no doubt, but holy wins out here.
    Try reading it all next time, and then understand we're talking about hagara hc.

Both have strength's, but along with a resto druid I would say Disc as well, when moving during lightning phase it's very nice to shield while moving those taking damage,
    the raid damage is minimal enough that the druids HoT's can tick people back up before the shield breaks.

Deleted
    tried holy today
    these are the results
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11282&e=11714

yes, i'm awesome
    Last edited by mmoc700620a63e; 2011-12-29 at 03:20 AM.

Holy, DH every lightning phase = win.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    Did you really just cut that out of his post and attack him, blatantly ignoring the rest of the post you replied to?
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-12-29 at 03:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vand3tz View Post
    tried holy today
    these are the results

yes, i'm awesome
    Lol, I like how your combined healing is like 81k hps when ours is like 39k hps...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4462&e=4889
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-12-29 at 12:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vand3tz View Post
    tried holy today
    these are the results

yes, i'm awesome
    They cheesed frost phase by healing through watery entrenchment to avoid baddies getting hit with ice waves. I held rank 1 after our first kill when we did this too. Nothing to brag about, its almost like standing in fire so you have something to heal. We don't use this method anymore since we can handle frost phase the normal way without dying.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    They cheesed frost phase by healing through watery entrenchment to avoid baddies getting hit with ice waves.
    Nah, we still have melee running around, we just have healers and ranged in the middle for stacked heals + easy multidotting, goes alot faster than running around

Yeah, my guild does that too, just put the healers and ranged in the middle and heal through it while the melee run around. Higher HPS AND less chance of wipe! Win-win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Yeah, my guild does that too, just put the healers and ranged in the middle and heal through it while the melee run around. Higher HPS AND less chance of wipe! Win-win!
    *highfive*

also video of said strategy, feat. angry raid leader/officers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpzNJJaePgE
    Last edited by mmoc700620a63e; 2011-12-29 at 04:24 PM.