PowerAuras is probably a good match for you. Make sure you check the box to 'Use Own Texture'.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Need some help locating an addon. I want something to skin the dropdown menu. I know I could just grab the addon "Skinner", but I find it horrifying to use. I just can't stand using it. Anyone know of something else I can use do skin frames, specifically the dropdown menu?

Hey guys, I posted this in the paladin forums and I'm going to post it here too

Source of what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNthiZeACY8

Throughout this video I could not figure out what this paladin's rotation addon is. Is it some sort of modded version of CLCret or CLCinfo? They aren't that clean , neither of their Holy Power modifiers look like that. Could someone please tell me what it may be? Ty

Well the video has a link to the download for the UI, which would look to be a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Well the video has a link to the download for the UI, which would look to be a good place to start.
    The link is outdated apparently

That looks like a skinned CLCRet and KAHolyPower.

Having looked through the download, it would appear to be the core of the UI, and excluding any class-specific addons.
    As for the rotational helper, then I can't say I have used any so can't offer any configuration advice there.
    But the Holy Power display is something achieveable by using NibPointDisplay, something I use for Shards on my warlock, but is equally capable of displaying most class resources or mechanisms based on a small number of points like shards, holy power, combo points and I believe some buffs.
    The specific one used in the compilation would appear to be r_Power.

There was some addon in the compilation that seemed to apply skins to others, TelUI_AddonSkins.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2012-01-02 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    PowerAuras is probably a good match for you. Make sure you check the box to 'Use Own Texture'.
    Thanks heaps! Sorry it took a bit to get back to you on that, its just once I downloaded it and started messin with it I was off and running, only to be foiled about 2 hours later by my cat jumping up on top of my tower and hitting the power button thus forceing a close on wow and not saving my work. But never mind all that I got it done and its pretty much exactly what I wanted, again thank you so much. Heres a couple screenies of a work in progress.

In Combat with all bleeds/debuffs and savage roar.

http://tinypic.com/r/fvgpjn/5

Out of combat.

http://tinypic.com/r/28ja3ro/5[
    Last edited by Tumble; 2012-01-03 at 08:46 AM.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Thanks heaps! Sorry it took a bit to get back to you on that, its just once I downloaded it and started messin with it I was off and running, only to be foiled about 2 hours later by my cat jumping up on top of my tower and hitting the power button thus forceing a close on wow and not saving my work. But never mind all that I got it done and its pretty much exactly what I wanted, again thank you so much. Heres a couple screenies of a work in progress.

Out of combat.

Something we tend to find out at the worst moment is wow not saving until you relog or reload the UI.
    Being two things I would advise doing occasionally when setting up PowerAuras, unitframes etc or anything else potentially fiddly or time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post

Out of combat.

That actually looks pretty good with the transparent timer font you've chosen. Now that you're a little more familiar with PowerAuras you can try the ones in the sticky if you like to Raid or PvP, they are ones I came up with and would look with your UI layout. Just make sure you use a blank page for importing if you do decide to give it a try, so it won't overwrite your Feral ones.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Essentials

I have a general question here.

What do you believe to be essential addons, as in features we more or less need that are missing from the default UI?

This is the list I have currently, but I'd like to know what I'm missing:

- Map Cords
    - CD timer
    - Damage/Healing Meters
    - Boss CDs (DBM)
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    I have a general question here.

What do you believe to be essential addons, as in features we more or less need that are missing from the default UI?

This is the list I have currently, but I'd like to know what I'm missing:

- Map Cords
    - CD timer
    - Damage/Healing Meters
    - Boss CDs (DBM)
    None of those would I deem to be essential, more useful than anything.

Map Cords are not something I have had any signficant use of for a very long time, and will only see any sort of use if trying to locate some obscure or non-obvious location. Not essential or even seeing regular use by myself.

Cooldown Timer - depends on your ability to read the default UI. Some people have a preference for bars, some people prefer timers, both of which the default UI does not do really. More a tool to improve your awareness and display what you want to know in a way you want to see it.

Damage/Healing Meters - should outside of a guild run be used as a personal tool. They should not ever be used as a measure in random or pugged groups. Not essential, but misused by the vast majority of those using them. Never essential in group content since proper analysis in content that matters can be done using log parses, and only has some use solo when testing the relative effects of changes. If you are trying to compare players with damage meters then you are doing it wrong.

Boss CDs - Most encounters are designed with the expectation that "boss mods" are used. Some encounters simply require sufficient awareness, but mods can be said to provide information you can base a decision on. Some people dont need them, some people do. Essential or not depends on the individual, but an intentional choice to not use them is denying yourself an opportunity and not an unfair advantage.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2012-01-04 at 02:30 AM.

None of those would I deem to be essential, more useful than anything.

Map Cords are not something I have had any signficant use of for a very long time, and will only see any sort of use if trying to locate some obscure or non-obvious location. Not essential or even seeing regular use by myself.

Cooldown Timer - depends on your ability to read the default UI. Some people have a preference for bars, some people prefer timers, both of which the default UI does not do really. More a tool to improve your awareness and display what you want to know in a way you want to see it.

Damage/Healing Meters - should outside of a guild run be used as a personal tool. They should not ever be used as a measure in random or pugged groups. Not essential, but misused by the vast majority of those using them. Never essential in group content since proper analysis in content that matters can be done using log parses, and only has some use solo when testing the relative effects of changes. If you are trying to compare players with damage meters then you are doing it wrong.

Boss CDs - Most encounters are designed with the expectation that "boss mods" are used. Some encounters simply require sufficient awareness, but mods can be said to provide information you can base a decision on. Some people dont need them, some people do. Essential or not depends on the individual, but an intentional choice to not use them is denying yourself an opportunity and not an unfair advantage.
    Then can you think of anything that you consider essential that is missing?
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

There is no such thing as an "essential" addon for everyone.
    Some use the default UI just fine.
    Most I use are simply to display information that the default UI can provide, but in a form where I get a choice over how I see it.

There is no such thing as an "essential" addon for everyone.
    Some use the default UI just fine.
    Most I use are simply to display information that the default UI can provide, but in a form where I get a choice over how I see it.
    Would you mind posting a shot of your UI if it's not too much trouble? I'm curious to see it.

My UI is a mess currently due to never quite knowing what I need, however if budget allows soon I will purchase an MMO mouse which will allow getting round issues I have with keybinding.
    At which point I intend to overhaul it, so I will then try to get it in a state where I can get feedback on my own, something i've given a lot of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    Whats the raid frames being used in this pic?

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...311_214717.jpg
    That would be Vuhdo @ Curse.

TY, Doesn't look anything like it in the vuhdo pic.