Deleted

Computer upgrade for SWTOR

8400 Triple-core processor 2.10GHz RAM 3.00GB, graphic card, NVIDIA Geforce 8500 GT what should i upgrade, , can pay for things up to $150-$200, if i did would i be able to play /raid 8 mans on swtor on low settings without lag atleast?, need some help here, not sure if it would be a big upgrade if i upgraded some things.

Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    8400 Triple-core processor 2.10GHz RAM 3.00GB, graphic card, NVIDIA Geforce 8500 GT what should i upgrade, , can pay for things up to $150-$200, if i did would i be able to play /raid 8 mans on swtor on low settings without lag atleast?, need some help here, not sure if it would be a big upgrade if i upgraded some things.
    Well, your computer in general is completely outdated by newer games.

Intel's E8400 can be overclocked slightly, and after that it will not bottleneck your system for a while. Your GPU, 8500 GT, must be updated. With so low budget as you do have, I would look for:

- Used GTX 560 / 560 Ti
    - Used GTX 460 / 470
    - New AMD HD 6670
    - New AMD HD 6850 / 6870

Deleted
    how much would that cost like $ , gotta know if i can afford it at the moment or not, :/

how much would that cost like $ , gotta know if i can afford it at the moment or not, :/
    GTX 460

AMD HD 6850

Deleted
    Something like this would be a good card in your price range ASUS HD 6850 $160 ($140 with MIR)

Deleted
    would that card help my performance so i can raid and such in swtor? if so i guess i will go for that

would that card help my performance so i can raid and such in swtor? if so i guess i will go for that
    No it wont, we are just posting these to confuse you.

Deleted
    Buying a brand new graphics card when your processor, ram and no doubt motherbard are also in desperate need of an upgrade is illogical.

You need to up your budget (preferably to $400) and browse ebay for used parts, with some luck you'll be able to pick up an i5 and a p67 motherboard for under $300 and then you can spend the remaining $100 or so on a 6850.

Deleted
    You'll still be held back by your CPU and system in general (3 GB RAM, probably fairly slow ones?) but yes I would say you should see a nice boost in performance (SW;TOR), You should probably look into a whole new system in the near future if you want to see any big changes.

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    No it wont, we are just posting these to confuse you.
    No need to be smartass, not everyone is on the same level when it comes to computers and I can definitely understand why he would want to make sure before spending $150-200.

How long did it take you to save that $200? If a couple days just keep saving and upgrade your whole thing. I wanted to upgrade my comp a few months ago but the opportunity cost of time and money being spent on individual items was incredibly high. So instead I saved a week more and just bought an 27" iMac with upgraded graphics and RAM and that thing runs most things perfectly.

Just my $0.02 because I usually i appreciate/ need a voice of reason when I make purchases because I tend to get tunnel vision and don't think of all the other options I have.

Deleted
    how big upgrade would a great graphic card be ?, will i be able to raid 8 mans and do BGS atleast with a new card or would i have to upgrade more in order to raid/bgs... thats pretty much all i gotta know right now.. to see if its worth it

Honestly, I would save money for a complete system. You can usually find a complete system for a couple hundred.

Question, though, what is "lagging" with your system? Are you clicking abilities, and they are not firing off right away?
    Do me a big favor, please, run tests on both these websites and post the results:
    www.speedtest.net - after clicking start test, click Share, then Copy next to the URL, example completed below...
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1684192967.png

www.pingtest.net - I had an error running this one from work due to our firewalls. If you get this one to execute, there is a Direct Link button to click and copy the ping test...
    http://www.pingtest.net/result/53711494.png

Deleted
    everything is lagging in BGS and such FPS Drop, not with abilities no,

everything is lagging in BGS and such FPS Drop, not with abilities no,
    Did you complete your two tests? What were the results?

Quote Originally Posted by phx08 View Post
    How long did it take you to save that $200? If a couple days just keep saving and upgrade your whole thing. I wanted to upgrade my comp a few months ago but the opportunity cost of time and money being spent on individual items was incredibly high. So instead I saved a week more and just bought an 27" iMac with upgraded graphics and RAM and that thing runs most things perfectly.

Just my $0.02 because I usually i appreciate/ need a voice of reason when I make purchases because I tend to get tunnel vision and don't think of all the other options I have.
    You know there is 40-50% air in the price of Apple's products?

User was infracted for this post. Don't derail, and definitely don't brand bash. ~Uggor
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2012-01-04 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    You know there is 40-50% air in the price of Apple's products?
    Can you post the link to your findings? Im interested in reading them.

OP good luck in your findings

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phx08 View Post
    Can you post the link to your findings? Im interested in reading them.

OP good luck in your findings
    He meant Apples are extremely over priced, but that's another topic for another thread - that has been beaten to death harder than it should.

On topic, OP, I would save for now if you can, your entire system appears extremely old. From what I can tell, that's an old AMD triple core... Athlon or old Phenom edition CPU and a very old, like 6 generations old or so, graphics card that I would not even really call a true gaming video card. For now you could upgrade your GPU like what people above suggested, or if you could get more money soon (within a month) I would really just upgrade the whole system - it is in dire need of upgrading, to be quite frank.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    is ASUS radeon 4650 1GB a good card? found it for a decent price

Deleted
    That is an OLD card, I'm sure the card itself is fine and I guess still an upgrade technically.