Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Certain political views completely blocked on this site; others allowed to post

Why is this going on? Someone like "Wells" who comes in and flat out lies constantly, trolls people, and in general has an insulting attitude to every single one of his posts, is allowed to do whatever he wants. If anyone refutes him? Instantly reported. What is going on with this?

I can come out and demand information, in the same exact phrasing as him, and get banned. The same exact words, in the same exact sentence structure, referring to others in the same way.

Frankly it is insulting that the moderators are letting there flat political bias dictate how they operate on these forums.

And I am sure I will be banned for this for calling someone out, but he is the most flagrant example. I have been insulted more times by him then everyone else on these forums combined, never see him infracted for it. I say one thing? Instant ban. I guess that is just the way it is.

I believe you are supposed to take this up with moderators, but from what I can tell Wells never insults people, merely ideas, which is not against the forum rules from what I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Why is this going on? Someone like "Wells" who comes in and flat out lies constantly, trolls people, and in general has an insulting attitude to every single one of his posts, is allowed to do whatever he wants. If anyone refutes him? Instantly reported. What is going on with this?

I can come out and demand information, in the same exact phrasing as him, and get banned. The same exact words, in the same exact sentence structure, referring to others in the same way.

Frankly it is insulting that the moderators are letting there flat political bias dictate how they operate on these forums.

And I am sure I will be banned for this for calling someone out, but he is the most flagrant example. I have been insulted more times by him then everyone else on these forums combined, never see him infracted for it. I say one thing? Instant ban. I guess that is just the way it is.
    There we go! Someone's read the rules before posting. Nice work Twiddly.

Just a guess, but I'm betting things like this don't win you any friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Anything to add, besides accusing me of trolling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    You want to sit here and talk about things that have nothing to do with the topic. Yet you keep rambling on. Thus, I will continue to accuse you of trolling (And reporting you for it) until you actually TALK ON TOPIC FOR ONCE?
    Last edited by Merkava; 2012-01-04 at 07:08 AM.

lmao.

Nevermind Wells just got banned. Shows what I know.

Rick Santorum to the rescue!

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    lmao.

Nevermind Wells just got banned. Shows what I know.
    I've read through his posts, what did Wells get banned for?

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I've read through his posts, what did Wells get banned for?
    Was wondering the same thing, but it is something we should ask the mods, not put in a thread :P

I feel like making a post 'Certain political views blocked on this website' and say that unsupported conspiracy theories are ok but if you ask for proof you get banned' :P
    Last edited by obdigore; 2012-01-04 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    From my experience with Wells, he likes logic in arguments. The posts I've seen you create, OP, lack logic. It's more like tail-chasing and screams of you not thinking things through.

And you probably get reported because you let it get to you personally. Learn to debate with him and you get along fine. I've disagreed with him a few times but it didn't lead to personal attacks. Why? Because he made a good point.

You can have opinions, but your message is better received by someone like Wells(and me, as another example) if it includes some kind of logic behind your opinion.

/shrug
    I've disagreed with him almost every time, and I've been hugely sarcastic and snarky, and was banned for it (justifiably so, I might add), but he's a fair guy and one of the smartest people on here, and now that he's been banned and can't rub it in my face, I'll admit that I've learned a lot from reading his posts.

Edited to reply to your edit - I've always considered Dacien to be a pretty fair guy too.
    Last edited by Merkava; 2012-01-04 at 07:24 AM.

He's easy to debate with for me. It's so much easier to have discussions with someone when you're both standing squarely on the platform of logic/reason/statistics/treands, etc. Then again, I find myself usually nodding in agreement to his points, even if I don't support them. Same with Diurdi, most of the time.

(Has this thread turned into a Wells' fan thread now? )
    God I hope not, lol sry Wells. Since he's banned too, I'll agree with you about Diurdi.

(Has this thread turned into a Wells' fan thread now? )
    It burns, doesn't it

I agree on the Diurdi thing as well. They both present(ed) points backed up logically by sources.

Wait Diurdi got banned?

Diurdi got banned, too? Is this some kind of conspiracy?

EDIT - oh man, the irony of this thread is just getting better and better by the minute!
    Oh I know, I'm sitting here thinking, geez, now that those guys are banned, I kinda miss 'em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell is wells. Might have seen him post before and never noticed his name or something but doesn't even ring a bell.

EDIT: Also as the first reply said, any problems with the way mods handle things should be PMd to a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Who the hell is wells. Might have seen him post before and never noticed his name or something but doesn't even ring a bell.

EDIT: Also as the first reply said, any problems with the way mods handle things should be PMd to a mod.
    He only had like 6k posts, and I think most of them were in the off-topic forums. Go find a thread about politics or the economy and you will see Wells posts

Looking through Wells's post history now and the guy knows his shit, so yeah what did he do? Did he school a mod hard on the ways of the world?

Obama for 2012!! thats my 2 cents worth,. if i get banned for it,. so much the better! i love a good debate on politics,. but i have also found that its also a touchy subject for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    Looking through Wells's post history now and the guy knows his shit, so yeah what did he do? Did he school a mod hard on the ways of the world?
    Dacien is the only one that I have noticed around at this time, and although they disagreed they never 'schooled' each other.

I dunno, Dacien did admit to being intimidated by Wells' use of words in a recent thread. Hmmmmmm...

Lol.

I looked through a couple of Wells' recent posts and saw no infraction thingy. Oh well :P

hey op arent you the guy who made that thread ripping on the president for taking a christmas vacation?

I dunno, Dacien did admit to being intimidated by Wells' use of words in a recent thread. Hmmmmmm...

I think Dacien meant that as more of a compliment. At least thats how I took it.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    hey op arent you the guy who made that thread ripping on the president for taking a christmas vacation?
    OP has made quite a few threads expressing his dislike of the current US president as well as US politics as a whole and some conspiracy threads as well.