Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard Failed.

Yep. Greed got the best of them.

I have been thinking a lot recently about why the Diablo 3 release date keeps getting pushed back, and it seems the evidence points to greed and money.

Hear me out.

There are controversies about the RMAH not being able to be implemented in the game in certain countries (south korea for example). The game from the beta looks to be ready for release, however because Blizzard wants to ensure that their pockets will be filled with you and I's money (and the rest of the world), they keep claiming that there seems to be tweaking and such that needs to be done.

I call BS.

You can see all the news headlines on diii.net about the delays.

I like the idea of the RMAH, and I would definitely use it, but please dont delay the game because of the desire to line your pockets with gold. Patch it in later, and get the game out.

On another note, I guarantee that you will see some form of RMAH come to WoW in MoP or in the expansions ahead.

I understand why RMAH is present in D3, but I highly doubt they are going to implement this on WoW. It wouldn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are absolutely correct, OP.

It's all greed, and it's all about the RMAH.

It's not like Blizzard has a reputation already built in about taking forever to release games, to the point where even the word "soon" has it's own meme....
    I dropped the big bad, while he was still both big and bad. I have no title for it, no mount from it, no uber-gear to speak of.I also don't care.Because, at the end of the day, I killed him. And really, that's all I wanted.

Your logic doesn't make any sense. Regardless of when they release it they're still going to be making the same amount of money. And it didn't occur to you that the game being pushed back due to tweaking wasn't just a false claim?

You don't exactly have a lot of things to back up your argument.
    Last edited by Remnas; 2012-01-04 at 09:34 PM.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

There are controversies about the RMAH not being able to be implemented in the game in certain countries (south korea for example). The game from the beta looks to be ready for release, however because Blizzard wants to ensure that their pockets will be filled with you and I's money (and the rest of the world), they keep claiming that there seems to be tweaking and such that needs to be done.
    Because not every country in the world follows the US's laws about everything and the RMAH has to be slightly altered in these other countries.

Deleted
    Yeah I've read those claims by that guy who sees a massive conspiracy in D3's release. What I don't get is if that was the case why not release D3 with RMAH disabled for South Korea? Surely sitting on a finished product twiddling your thumbs and hoping for a change which could be patched in later makes more sense.
    Last edited by mmoc6765cb3ae1; 2012-01-04 at 07:38 PM.

Games cost a lot of money.

D3 is going to be just as much as an mmo as SWTOR is, but it won't require a sub. I'm all for optional ways to keep the lights on that won't effect my experience in the game one way or the other.

Hear me out, and hear me well!
    I pulled this facts from my a#$ and they clearly indicate that blizzard is after "you and I's" money. I'm so very dissapointed, Even though i consider them evil bastards I still want to throw my money at them for this game and now i don't have anything better to do than to come QQ here....
    <puts tinfoil hat over safety helmet>

Blizzard isn't making a dime off this game until it's released.

>.> I'd rather a safe and stable launch than a buggy as hell and incomplete shitefest that will become another brick on my bookshelf because the developers didn't properly finish it and test it under appropriate conditions. (coughskyrimcough)

or is that just me?

Deleted
    I got Diablo3 for free, im pretty happy with them

It seems like a company that makes money off of making video games is trying to make as much money as they can (those bastards 'sarcasm much').

Everyone wants the game to be released, its not going to kill anyone to wait 1 or 2 extra months for whatever reasons, which none of us can prove.

It is actually the US sanctions against Iran that is causing the delays in the launch of D3.

Also, does anybody realize that the 3 button is next to the 4 button which when pressed with the shift key makes $$$? Clearly D3 is one key stroke away from $$.

Perhaps they want to make sure the game is as polished as it can be for launch, like you know ALL the other games that they have released ever ?

I want a release date as much as the next guy / gal however I also want to game to be polished and balanced as much as possible beforehand so that there aren't patches every two days to fix stuff that should have already been fixed.

As for the RMAH, as someone already pointed out, not all countries allow this type of system hence why it is not available in some.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    I have been thinking a lot recently about why the Diablo 3 release date keeps getting pushed back, and it seems the evidence points to greed and money.
    Soon™ has grown into a meme for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine that it makes them any money to continue to push it back...just costs more as they have to continue to pay developers, lead developers, project managers, asset developers, electricity, healthcare, taxes...all the while a big money-making behemoth of a video game continues to collect dust.

No, they're making sure it's just right before they release it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I can't imagine that it makes them any money to continue to push it back...just costs more as they have to continue to pay developers, lead developers, project managers, asset developers, electricity, healthcare, taxes...all the while a big money-making behemoth of a video game continues to collect dust.

But my conspiracy theories and Blizzard hating!!!!1!!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

They will get the same money from sales now or in three months, that isn't an issue. They will also continue to pay their team regardless, the entire d3 team isn't going to get canned just because the game got released.

The only thing they lose from waiting is potential revenue from the RMAH in the Western kingdoms, but that obviously pales in comparison to what they stand to make from South Korea. It is possible that if they ship the game now they will never be able to resolve the issues in Asia, and a few months of RMAH revenue versus never being able to collect from one of their biggest markets - I'm sure their management made the decision for them. Bashiok certainly doesn't seem to be happy about the repeated delays, either.

Of course, no one but Blizzard knows the exact reason. You can take their word for it, if you want, but there is plenty of reason for them to delay for reasons other than "making it perfect." D3 devs admitted the game was shippable a year ago, since then they've just been "making it a little bit better," but they can do that through patches as well, so why not collect their money now, if not for some larger political reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    Heaven forbid Blizzard makes any money off their products. It's not like developing and distributing these games costs any money... owait.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    I like the idea of the RMAH, and I would definitely use it, but please dont delay the game because of the desire to line your pockets with gold. Patch it in later, and get the game out.
    i think they want to fill their pockets with money, not gold. :/