Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I really like Guild Wars 2 but on the other hand there are games like Mass Effect 2, Diablo 3, sc2 hots. 2012 is gona be a awesome year for gaming

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Dota can burn in a ditch somewhere.
    Yeah, pretty much.

Deleted
    That poll makes no sense, but I just voted for Gw2 anyway..

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 > All those dumb games on there.

They're just lying to themselves.

What's a dota and why is it winning by such a large margin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    DOTA is a warcraft 3 mod, DOTA2 is a bespoke game based on it. Since it's played by a shit ton of people, no other game will beat their numbers in this poll.

The thing I find interesting though, it Mechwarrior and GW2 are both at the bottom out of alphabetical order on the voting choices. To me that hints at them being a last second inclusion, which is pretty damn funny when they're 2nd and 3rd in votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me personally, it would have to be Assassin's Creed 3.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

10+ Year Old Account
    ME3 > everything else

bah can only vote for one game
    sorry, but Mass Effect 3 is king in this category for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    a game I am baffled by just how popular it is
    never got into the moba type games, tried demigod and HoN but meh, not for me

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I'm caught between Heart of the Swarm and GW2. Since it appears they neglected GW2 from the list, i'm simply not voting. Wouldn't be fair to only be able to vote for 1 of my 2 choices because the other isn't present at all and thus can't give consideration to it. There may be an "Other" option, but it's not the same.
    GW2 was right there. Given that Heart of Swarm is just Blizzard forcing you to give them more money to continue playing SC2 online, I really don't see the problem here.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anybody taken the time out to actually look at dota 2 before bashing it?

I'm not even going to go into detail about why it'll be so enjoyable.

Simply put the game looks amazing and will be fun. I can understand why it's in first place, there is way more video content of actual game play available and more people playing the beta compared to gw2.

I'm equally excited for both and once they're released those two games are pretty much going to fill up the lions share of my gaming career for the next 2 or 3 years.
    Last edited by Nikvis; 2012-01-06 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    I voted Bioshock Infinite Don't even know what the hell DOTA is and it's top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, Syndicate is my most anticipated game of 2012. When that's released my fiancee can stop working overtime so much.

On DOTA:
    When someone asks, “What is best in life?” there’s only one answer: “To crush the newbs, see them driven before me, and read their lamentations on the forums” - Lylirra

Quote Originally Posted by Weenkus View Post
    I really like Guild Wars 2 but on the other hand there are games like Mass Effect 3
    Fixed.

Hard choice. I'd go with GW2 instead of D3, since Blizzard changed so much since their beloved games (sc, wc3, d2) that I doubt D3 will be played much. Compared to other releases tho.

I know DOTA was popular... And my friends and I have all done our fair share of it, LoL and HON ...

But like many here I am still baffled by it being NO.1

I can understand GW2 being up there, as it definitely seems like an interesting one to try...

However Mass Effect 3 AT NINTH???? Getting beaten by "ArmA III" and "Firefall" ... 2 games I've never even heard of in my life...

I understand different games and different people with different opinions.. but Jesus... I was certain Mass Effect was more popular then being put in 9th place -.-

Voted for Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Dota can burn in a ditch somewhere.
    And this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottie4u View Post
    For me personally, it would have to be Assassin's Creed 3.
    Really excited to see what they do with AC3. Revelations was kind of a let down, even though it was still good. I have a feeling it will take place in China this time.

Deleted
    DotA 2 of course. LoL is really lol, HoN has a crap community.

Starcraft II - Heart of the Swarm is second on list for me, but that's worth only 4 days of gametime.
    Rest is pretty much over-hyped A++ titles.

Those who have something against DotA - Pudge lurks for you under your bed, have fun.
    Last edited by mmoc32fbbf5879; 2012-01-06 at 10:19 PM.

Deleted
    I voted there when GW2 was still 3th and the difference with DOTA was massive. So everyone vote people, we are climbing fast!

Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior View Post
    Starcraft II - Heart of the Swarm is second on list for me, but that's worth only 4 days of gametime.
    Rest is pretty much over-hyped A++ titles.
    Mass Effect isn't overhyped I think, unless they gave it the dragon age 2 treatment.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-01-06 at 10:26 PM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go GW2!

I personally don't have a problem with DOTA2 (or games like it). The only thing I don't like about it is the match length times... 30-45 min? No thanks.