Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 4.3.2 TCG Items, Italian Localization, File Optimization, Blue Posts, Comics

Diablo 3 - Diablo 3 Manual Leak, Firebats Skill Runed, Beta Key Contests, Leveling Curve, Interview with Leonard, and Book of Cain Drawings

Patch 4.3.2: Trading Card Game Items
    The three new items were added in Patch 4.3.2 are found on the TCG Loot vendor in Booty Bay. They are part of the Timewalkers: War of the Ancients expansion. (Feldrake, Eye of the Legion, and Demon Hunter's Aspect)

Italian Localization
    Mentions of an Italian localization popped up in the Patch 4.3.2 files, but the actual localization is not in game yet. This does not confirm for sure that the Italian localization will be added, just hints that it might be. Let's just wait to see if there is anything official about it in the future before getting excited.

4.3.2 PTR and New File Optimization Tech
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the 4.3.2 patch we’ll be testing some new file optimization tech. As you may be aware, with previous major expansion patches (2.0, 3.0, 4.0, etc.) we’ve carried out a time-consuming process to reorganize the game files currently installed on your hard drive to integrate all previous patch files, essentially ‘cleaning up’ what’s on your computer and reducing the full installation size. This process used to require an amount of free hard drive space double that of the entire installation size to complete, which is why we’ve reserved them for large expansion-sized patches.

The new tech we’re testing with the 4.3.2 PTR will process these cleanups with no additional hard drive space required beyond what the patch is adding. Because of that you may see them appear more frequently with patches.

While the cleanup is occurring you’ll see a specific message on the launcher informing you the process is currently taking place. If you encounter any issues with the new process please be sure to visit our support site at http://www.battle.net/support/

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    LFR Loot Rules
    We know this information. The item designers have plenty of spreadsheets too. If you're saying creating said spreadsheet takes an equivalent amount of time as coding a system in the game whereby item distribution accounts for the spec you're fulfilling in a dungeon, you're wrong.

We're not that naive. We knew from the start of designing the Raid Finder system that we'd need to build a smarter loot distribution system to regulate fair play. It was also really important to us to get Raid Finder working and implemented with the Dragon Soul raid. We had to be realists about it.

The loot system will be improved in upcoming updates -- including in patch 4.3.2, where it'll no longer be possible to win two of the same item for a single boss kill. But we're really happy with the implementation of Raid Finder and feel it's a great new feature for the game, and one we'll continue refining over time.

Money isn't nearly the overarching, limiting factor people love to claim it is. And the common argument I see in response to the above quote is "hire more people then." But I think it's pretty easy to understand that looking for the perfect fit for a position is not always a quick process, nor is the training of new employees. This is particularly true when one is speaking about development studios generating creative media. Expertise, design philosophy, synergy, etc. are very important to the success of a project, not sheer headcount.

Our development teams are quite modest in size compared to a lot of studios, but it's because we genuinely feel it's not always good to have so many hands on a project. If that means we have to make tough decisions about how and when to release a product or feature, so be it.

That said, we do still have plenty of positions we're looking to fill. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps Balance Issues
    There are several things that we want to follow-up on and clarify:

• We noticed Retribution DPS was higher than we expected. We investigated and realized Gurthalak was the cause. We further realized (and several players independently discovered) that the weapon proc was activating twice as often for Retribution as intended.
    • Retribution was getting more than twice as many proc chances than we intended. This was caused by the application of Censure, not the dot itself ticking.
    • This was not an accidental bug fix of some sort. The proc was happening more often than we expected and desired, leading to damage higher than we expected and desired, so we took steps to fix it.
    • We changed the duration of Gurthalak’s proc some time ago. The 4.3.2 tooltip change simply acknowledges this fix. The weapon’s damage should not change in 4.3.2.
    • Gurthalak is still a fantastic weapon for Retribution paladins and any other two-handed DPS plate-wearers. The average DPS reduction is lower than the 10% figure some have quoted. The sword’s damage can be quite variable, and there are isolated cases where it may have briefly contributed 20% or more of someone’s damage, but those are statistical outliers.
    • Being nerfed is never fun. We get that. The increased proc chance was our mistake, as always, and we apologize for not catching it sooner. Retribution paladin damage for players without Gurthalak is where we intended it to be. We expect Retribution damage with this change to also end up where we intend it to be. If damage falls unacceptably low for some reason, we will certainly consider taking additional measures.

Again, thank you very much for all of the useful feedback. We pay close attention to these things. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comics #320 and Teh Gladiators #300 + #301 are available!

Last edited by Boubouille; 2012-01-06 at 12:24 PM.

damn i want that mount ;P

I feel sorry for ret pallies, they never get to have fun anymore.

Damnit I was hoping they weren't TCG items.

Stinky TCG stuff :|

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL. Nerf Ret more NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM FINALLY . TOO SOON ?

10+ Year Old Account
    So because it is expensive to fix LFR...oh I got it lets nerf pally in the mean time. ?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Seems the people saying "WoE loot" were partially right. That's the theme of this TCG set.2. So if Blizz is working on more ways to clean up the game files, can we request merging BC starting zones onto their continents? It works since BC is now standard with WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i got it right, they are TCG loot items :P unfortunately for me who as i dont play that game.. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    And there we have it, the new shiny things where. As usuall, from TCG. Atleast now I cant stop thinking about how to get it, and just /ignore as with the rest of the TCG stuff. Hmm, where's the fire mage nerfs ? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Time to start saving so i can fork out the money on Ebay when the cards get released!

i hate auto play ads on websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesci View Post
    i hate auto play ads on websites.
    Get AdBlock, works like a charm.

I hate TCG loot....

Deleted
    Seriously enough with the TCG loot... they are sending that crap like once a month recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizaru View Post
    Seriously enough with the TCG loot... they are sending that crap like once a month recently.
    They need to lure people into buying a TCG that is not even half of Magic, the Gathering.
    Without the lootcodes, who would actually?

Meh, TCG loot. I really wanted that pet.

Yet more content I pay Blizzard to produce that remains unavailable to me. Cool cool cool.