Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    assassin plays like a rouge if you go darkness? or whatever the stealth spec is. you hit really hard have a good amount of control and are squishy

in the long run you are prolly going to want to heal so you should prolly go sorc so you can get into a group easier

assassins are NOT the 'rogue' spec, just wanted to clear that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about, they rely on stealth, they use "poisons" on their weapons, they have tons fast hitting abilities, they have tons of burst damage, they're essentially rogues.

The only thing they're missing is dual daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by ferociousHD View Post
    lets say foR PVE wise what class you think will put in most dps and i really wanna go assassian more then SORC you enjoying it?
    You just answered your own question. You wanna play assassin? Then go play an assassin instead of sitting in a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ferociousHD View Post
    but im wondering and for all of you haters against people wanting to know which class is the most op right now then you simply dont have to reply to this topic but for the helpful people i would appreciate your help .
    You realize the game is far more dependent on skill than class, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about, they rely on stealth, they use "poisons" on their weapons, they have tons fast hitting abilities, they have tons of burst damage, they're essentially rogues.

... Nevermind how they're also tanks...

from my understanding i thought assassin was more like a enhance shaman in wow and that scoundrel/operatives were more the "rogue" class in star wars tor

unless no class really plays like any classes in world of warcraft,because thats kinda whats keeping me from rollin a sorcerer/sage cuz i heard sorcerers played like shadowpriests and i didnt really like playin shadowpriests in world of warcraft so i figured i wouldnt like playin em in star wars tor
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2011-12-27 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LFRdestroyedWoW View Post
    .. Nevermind how they're also tanks...
    What the fuck does that have to do with anything, you do realize each advanced class has three specs right?

The first Assassin spec is tanking, the 2nd is similar to rogues/enhance shaman, and the last is PVP

they dont rely on stealth, they use it - big difference.

operatives rely on stealth, have actual stealth openers, use knives, use actual poisons (not lightning charges), and have actual finishers.

i thought the assassin was the rogue like class until i hit level 30 with it and realized there wasnt a single 'from stealth' move. i did my research (which i suggest you do too) and found out that operatives were the rogue like class. mine is now 45.

I hate to recommend sorc because of how popular it already is, but I am loving my sorc. I was 25/16 lightning/madness as dps and it was tons of fun. Just being able to shoot lightning at things non-stop and combat is extremely fluid as that spec. PvP wise it doesn't have as much single target burst as some other classes but in WZ I was top damage dealt while focusing on objectives not just zapping people in the middle.

I would however play what interests you. The story lines are all unique so you might wanna also include that in your choice because they did very good about appealing to different people when it comes to how your story plays out.

Deleted
    they dont rely on stealth, they use it - big difference.

operatives rely on stealth, have actual stealth openers, use knives, use actual poisons (not lightning charges), and have actual finishers.
    This is just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    This is just nonsense.
    On the contrary, it's 100% accurate my friend. If you'd like to discuss it, you'll have to bring more to the table.

I have a lvl 50 Sorc. Half lvl 50 blues, and half epics

First off, I recommend against playing the Inquisitor period if you care about the story. We have the worse story arc in the empire.
    If you don't care about leveling story then:

For PvP:
    Healing as a Sorc is probably the most OP right now, but that's only if you enjoy healing.
    DPS: a Sorc as DPS in PvP is quite bad. You have no burst, you have huge ramp up time. You can't offer the same kind of multidot pressure as an aff lock/sp/or fire mage (even though you are a dot class).

There is an achievement in each BG to get a do a single hit for 2.5k health in a single blow (everyone has at least 11k). In order to get this achievement, I have to get the berserk buff, flask, potion, activate trinket, pop recklessness (remember there are no macros) and chain lightning a non-tank class with no bubble presently on them and EVEN THEN the damage will be a 2.2k-2.6k crit.

As a dps Sorc in PvP, you pretty much have decent cc, and you just mind flay people all day.

DPS: As an assasin, you have a very hard hitting backstab, a good opening cheap shot, a very annoying sap, and a cloak of shadows, sprint, everything like that. They are very solid, however seem to do less opening burst than a stealthed agent. However, they have much more control and utility.

Tank: Assasins can also be the tank in a BG, keeping people off the nodes/carrying the flag (hutball). Carrying the flag they seem vastly inferior to a Powertech (which has much more mobility...) for this roll. Keeping people off the flag they excel with pulse AoE, sprint in circles, pulse AoE, Vanish, pulse AoE, Shield Wall, pulse AoE, sprint again (30 sec cd on sprint)

PvE:
    DPS sorc is very unplesant to play because there are no ad-dons, and no way of turning off allied debuffs. So it's really hard to track your own dots when you have multiple inquisitors in the group

I can't really speak for Assasin PvE DPS... there're no meters, and I haven't actually ran with one that tanks yet, but they can tank.
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-01-06 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I have a lvl 50 Sorc. Half lvl 50 blues, and half epics

First off, I recommend against playing the Inquisitor period if you care about the story. We have the worse story arc in the empire.
    If you don't care about leveling story then:

For PvP:
    Healing as a Sorc is probably the most OP right now, but that's only if you enjoy healing.
    DPS: a Sorc as DPS in PvP is quite bad. You have no burst, you have huge ramp up time. You can't offer the same kind of multidot pressure as an aff lock/sp/or fire mage (even though you are a dot class).

There is an achievement in each BG to get a do a single hit for 2.5k health in a single blow (everyone has at least 11k). In order to get this achievement, I have to get the berserk buff, flask, potion, activate trinket, pop recklessness (remember there are no macros) and chain lightning a non-tank class with no bubble presently on them and EVEN THEN the damage will be a 2.2k-2.6k crit.

As a dps Sorc in PvP, you pretty much have decent cc, and you just mind flay people all day.

DPS: As an assasin, you have a very hard hitting backstab, a good opening cheap shot, a very annoying sap, and a cloak of shadows, sprint, everything like that. They are very solid, however seem to do less opening burst than a stealthed agent. However, they have much more control and utility.

Tank: Assasins can also be the tank in a BG, keeping people off the nodes/carrying the flag (hutball). Carrying the flag they seem vastly inferior to a Powertech (which has much more mobility...) for this roll. Keeping people off the flag they excel with pulse AoE, sprint in circles, pulse AoE, Vanish, pulse AoE, Shield Wall, pulse AoE, sprint again (30 sec cd on sprint)

PvE:
    DPS sorc is very unplesant to play because there are no ad-dons, and no way of turning off allied debuffs. So it's really hard to track your own dots when you have multiple inquisitors in the group

I can't really speak for Assasin PvE DPS... there're no meters, and I haven't actually ran with one that tanks yet, but they can tank.

Sorc dps is bad in pvp? That is just plain wrong.

I play a madness sorc in pvp and I have yet to meet a player who stands a chance agasinst me, its incredibly OP. I even beat easily most players who are backed up by healers. 1on2 and sometimes even 1on3 is no problem. dont get me startet on below50 players.

and in pve, its fine. need damage meters to see how much better lightning spec really is. madness does decent constant damage withhout ever going OOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    This is just nonsense.
    I have 2 characters at the moment, one is a Shadow, and the other is an Operative. I can confirm that the Shadow is more like a Shaman and that the Operative is definitely the closest thing to a "rogue" class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    What the hell is a Sith Jedi?
    kyle katarn, he can both choke and lightning, still hes a jedi

Deleted
    I play an assassin myself and I can honestly say that the class is VERY overpowered if you play it correctly in pvp. I have no clue how the damage is compared to other classes in PVE though. I haven't seen any other class get 13-14 medals in warzones while I get that amount quite often.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i thought the assassin was the rogue like class until i hit level 30 with it and realized there wasnt a single 'from stealth' move. i did my research (which i suggest you do too) and found out that operatives were the rogue like class. mine is now 45.
    On the contrary, it's 100% accurate my friend. If you'd like to discuss it, you'll have to bring more to the table.
    http://www.torhead.com/ability/3nkh0sW/mind-trap
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, Assasins NOT like rogues? i beg to differ...
    Cloak of shadows=force shroud
    Vanish=Force Cloak
    Blackout=The talentet thing in Assasination tree.
    Voltaci Slash=Mutilate (essentially)
    Assasinate=Backstab(kind of, under 30% etc) Maul is also kinda like Backstab.
    Electrocute=Kidney shot (with some twists, longer cd)
    Spike=Cheap shot.
    Force speed=A nerfed Sprint.
    Jolt=Kick
    Low Slash=Gouge (exactly the same)
    Lacerate=FoK.

Now, you may not agree on all these, but they are essentially the same spells. A Assasin Inquisitor plays a lot like a Rogue. Saying it does not is bull.
    Last edited by Monarken; 2012-01-11 at 09:10 PM.

They use a 2h weapon, enchant their weapons to do elemental dmg and utilize dmg proccs off their attacks..... Shaman?