Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Diablo 3 release date?

So, the folks over at Gametrailers posted this up a little bit ago and apparently Bashiok already tried to waff the smoke away saying this is apparently hearsay. What do you guys think? I don't see Best Buy going to all the trouble for nothing.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...bruary-1-2012/
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 will be out December 32nd 2012

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlight View Post
    Diablo 3 will be out December 32nd 2012
    This^ I was about to say "Meh, probably fake, who cares" but then I remembered this whole contract does get me this game for free...lol. February 1st seems like an awkward date. We'll see in less than a month though! If it's true we should be getting an official announcement by Blizz this coming week.

I used to be an ASM for Gamestop (I know, but I learned the ways of good eventually) and whenever we got promotional material like this, it was never 'fake', lol. I agree, though, Naidia, either way it's a 'wait'n'see' scenario.
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

I was at the Diablo: Book of Cain signing today. I asked them to write down the release date after their sig. He wrote todays date lol.

Hopefully it will be sooner then the 1st of Feb, but if not I truly hope that is the day!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feb 1st is on a Wednesday, when was the last major game title released on a Wednesday? It is almost always a Tuesday especially from Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/statu...73490904051712

The sign is either a fake or the best buy is going to be having a midnight release that releases no game.

That's not actually true. We used to get release dates on hush-hush opening e-mails all the time with threat of death (or termination of employment) for releasing said release information. So, in my personal experience, that is a falsehood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they also spell the month wrong on signs from your experience?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    February 1st would not surprise me. Or at the very least sometime in February.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabuks View Post
    https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/statu...73490904051712

The sign is either a fake or the best buy is going to be having a midnight release that releases no game.
    Looks like they'll need a sudden press release, haha. I do love the poster though, the light is just awkwardly shining on the exact date printed on the poster. It's weird to have a date that early, I mean I've heard of needing to have a date like game stop usually does, December 31st.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Diablo+I...%203&lp=4&cp=1

They have it as that date, this could be awkward once that date rolls around for Best Buy.

---------- Post added 2012-01-08 at 04:29 AM ----------

Heh, sadly yes, some companies can misspell even the simplest things and the spell checker (mostly human spell checker) doesn't catch it, or they just don't care.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2012-01-08 at 04:30 AM.

Oh, we got fucked up marketing all the time! Typos all over the place, discount numbers incorrect, etc. We'd still have to put it up (usually on Saturday or Sunday) and wait for a NEW poster/window hang to arrive with the fixed info.

its suposed to be around feb 22 in EU so i guess around that NA

Quote Originally Posted by Progressiv View Post
    its suposed to be around feb 22 in EU so i guess around that NA
    Could you provide a source please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you think they wouldnt tell the community first? hehe you guys are funny. Im sure it'll be way later.

Its just another Best Buy trying to get attention from the online community. Indeed it worked.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Curt Schilling's game Reckoning is set to release Feb 7th. This could be a response to that. I was going to buy it because it looks awesome. I will have to wait and see now because I got the annual pass.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

Bashiok

Edit fail! haha

I don't believe anyone here is taking this as 100% truth. It's just an interesting article and something we should keep our eyes on.
    Last edited by Vallius; 2012-01-08 at 04:45 AM.

Deleted
    I dont think we will see the game in a while. By that i mean atleast 2 months from now. They are still making alot of changed to the beta. And i think they will announce it a good month in advance.. I sure hope this is true tho. Im so excited for this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 comes out on Marchtember Oneteenth.
    Does that work, sir?