Thread: Low Numbers

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Low Numbers

I don't understand the numbers in this game, I was at IMP Fleet last night around 10pm UK time and there was 153 people in the fleet, now i know planets have phased zones as when i have joined a group it has " ported me " to the right phase to join the leader but i cannot believe only 153 people were in the IF in total, does that also mean only 153 people would be seeing my auctions !

all the trouble we had with server queues but i have NEVER seen an abundance of people in the game NOT ANYWHERE?

I hate hearing all the talk about comparing TOR with WOW but places like Shat/Dal/ORG had hundreds of people at any given time.

I am sure someone will come up with a valid reason to put my mind at rest and for that i thank you in advance

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The low numbers are typical of a new game, in addition, Bioware did ensure populations didn't get out of hand at launch and made people decide whether to deal with the queues or roll on a new server. That being said, I haven't had a problem selling on the GTN, although I haven't really posted very much.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Only having 153 people in the main city is a good thing, it mean's theres still actually shit to do. Keep in mind the trade network spans through more then just IF.

Oh, and I'm typically hanging out in my ship when i'm afk

Have to remember that unlike WoW not everyone is max level. Most people are out questing still, unlike in WoW where most people just sit in que in Org/SW. Most don't spend too much time on the fleet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    That being said, I haven't had a problem selling on the GTN, although I haven't really posted very much.
    I agree no probs here selling stuff on the GTN, i have plenty of credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus1811 View Post
    Oh, and I'm typically hanging out in my ship when i'm afk
    I would too if there was a mailbox in my ship

Thank you all who replied.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarFalcon1 View Post
    Have to remember that unlike WoW not everyone is max level. Most people are out questing still, unlike in WoW where most people just sit in que in Org/SW. Most don't spend too much time on the fleet.
    That is most likely the case. The only time I am ever at the fleet is when I port there to log off, or when I'm there to train something. In most cases, I am rarely there and actually online for more than a couple of minutes.

This will, of course, change as more people hit max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the number of people it showed was just the people in your shard?, and funnily enough I think that is capped at around 150. So there could have been any number of people on the IF at that time, but you were only seeing the 150 that were in your shard of it. I'm basing this on having been 'ported' to different shards for groups, and seeing the number at the top change.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I thought the number of people it showed was just the people in your shard?.
    Yes i have seen that for planets but not sure it applies to IF.

My server, Ahto City had 2 instances for IF last night.

It looks like the cap is around the 250 mark for IF.

The good thing is, you see the same General Chat so you do not get affected at all if you are LFG.

The 2nd instance had around 83 people in it and boy was it weird going round the fleet with 60+ FPS
    Last edited by Trix; 2012-01-09 at 03:54 PM.

Well it could be your server. On my server Imperial Fleet is always packed with people. I seen it as high as 290 and then where is also a 2nd or 3rd phase. With that many ppeople IF is so damn laggy. I wish they would lower each phase to like 100 or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said people are actually out doing stuff, the only time you "hang out" at Fleet is for specific things i.e. Flashpoints.

Deleted
    fly around on your ship and add up all the players on the planets and you will probhably find the numbers you are looking for, i hardly spend anytime at all on the imperial fleet. what is so bad about that anyway? Honestly, it took me a good couple of weeks to work out that the IF was the "main city" of sorts. I start7ed playing this game because i was bored of AFKing in Stormwind so this has top mean biopware have done something right.

Even if I'm just afk'ing around unless I am checking the marketplace or turning in my PvP dailies etc. I spend most of my AFK time on my ship just to avoid the unholy clusterfuck that is Imperial Fleet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also Fleet is pretty laggy for most people, even with higher end systems. Not really the best hangout spot imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post

It looks like the cap is around the 250 mark for IF.
    We had 270ish last night on if.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamNot View Post
    I don't understand the numbers in this game, I was at IMP Fleet last night around 10pm UK time and there was 153 people in the fleet, now i know planets have phased zones as when i have joined a group it has " ported me " to the right phase to join the leader but i cannot believe only 153 people were in the IF in total, does that also mean only 153 people would be seeing my auctions !

all the trouble we had with server queues but i have NEVER seen an abundance of people in the game NOT ANYWHERE?

I hate hearing all the talk about comparing TOR with WOW but places like Shat/Dal/ORG had hundreds of people at any given time.

I am sure someone will come up with a valid reason to put my mind at rest and for that i thank you in advance
    1. the population of the server is spread out everywhere. people are currently playing the game and not just hanging out in the fleet area.
    2. the Galactic Market is sold to both factions and at all locations with a market.
    3. Play the game and stop hanging out on a station trying to make coin. ;-p

"153" means there are 153 toons in your instance(e.g Imperial Fleet 1)! I think each instance holds roughly 300 toons each! Next time you join a group and have to port to their instance keep an eye on the toon count, It will change from one instance to the other!

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Also Fleet is pretty laggy for most people, even with higher end systems. Not really the best hangout spot imo.
    1000 times this. I would much rather sit in my ship that at fleet currently.

This is a major issue that needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by IamNot View Post
    The GTN is located in more than one location, it's noy unique to the <faction> Fleet.

If you're playing Republic, 150 would be an exceptionally high fleet number.

If playing the zerg side, 150 would be surprisingly low.