Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    It takes you an hour to encode a 2GiB FRAPS video? What are you running, an Athlon 64?
    No, it took me 3 minutes. I was referring to a full pass H264 encode with the best settings possible in virtualdub. For whatever reason someone felt the need to say my video quality was sub par, which was unrelated to what I was trying to show.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming it's the microphone?
    Yeah it is. I used my amazing skills with physics and got it propped up but it is in no way actually stable. I don't wan to have to hold it all the time whenever I want to talk. Desktop mic stand inc probably tomorrow.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    I'm serious, stop derailing this thread or I'll be forced to either lock or infract.

Look how serious I am, even using red colour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I'm serious, stop derailing this thread or I'll be forced to either lock or infract.

Look how serious I am, even using red colour.
    A microphone on my desk that I am now using with my computer is part of my gaming setup, I swear! <3
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah it is. I used my amazing skills with physics and got it propped up but it is in no way actually stable. I don't wan to have to hold it all the time whenever I want to talk. Desktop mic stand inc probably tomorrow.
    I can't remember off the top of my head, did you say you have a Xonar card at some point? Or are you using a Soundblaster, or even onboard right now?

Cause for an expensive looking mic, it doesn't sound much better than a standard headset on your episode 3 video. :|

Upon reading this, Deltrus proceeds to aquire piles of audio equipment, and eventually ends up with a room reminiscent of Deadmau5' home studio.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember off the top of my head, did you say you have a Xonar card at some point? Or are you using a Soundblaster, or even onboard right now?

Cause for an expensive looking mic, it doesn't sound much better than a standard headset on your episode 3 video. :|

Upon reading this, Deltrus proceeds to aquire piles of audio equipment, and eventually ends up with a room reminiscent of Deadmau5' home studio.
    lolwut?

Asus Xonar DX comes sometime this week, estimated delivery date that TD had given me was the 12th, I hope that ends up being right. <3

I realize the audio in the video doesn't seem too much different than my old stuff, but I think with the sound card it may take more advantage, I did have someone say it sounded a little clearer in my test video:

Got a link to Deadmau5's home studio? Name sounds familiar, but I am unable to recall at this time.

And yeah piles of audio equipment? Um... old Roland Fantom S88 keyboard with 2 balanced-input speakers, 1 being dead, and ancient headphones, likely from the 80s? Yeahno. I wish though... and I was talking to Cyanotical last night about a lot of this audio stuff, I think I've just always been a sleeping audiophile who is finally starting to wake up.

I know with my drumset and especially my cymbals - those are top of the line, I care about sound, I've just never had the best audio setups, it'll be a while before I have an audio setup that would do my drumset justice.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    ~snip~What are you running, an Athlon 64?[COLOR="red"]

~snip~
    I am

amd athalon 64 3000. (i rarely game on it , not that it can be called gaming)

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Got a link to Deadmau5's home studio? Name sounds familiar, but I am unable to recall at this time.

I think he's a bit OCD though.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    ((Note from the friendly moderating team: If your images exceed 800 pixels in width, we regret to inform you that infractions may happen, so please use thumbnails. Some people still use resolutions less than FullHD, and everyone should be able to view this thread without sidescrolling pain! Imgur.com is a great place to upload to, as they give you thumbnails on all images.))

I never knew about this forum section however I love this crap! I have not seen a post like this yet so I am getting this one started post your specs,monitor,mouse,keyboard ect. and pics!

Keyboard
    Logitech G510

Mouse
    Logitech G700

Headset
    Logitech G930

Monitor
    Samsung SyncMaster 2494HM

Case
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower

Cooling
    Noctua NH-U12P SE2

Intel Core i7 920
    Windows Vista Home Premium Edition SP2 (Build 6002)

CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 4 Cores - 8 Threads
    CPU PSN : Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1, 4.2), EM64T, VT-x
    CPUID : 6.A.5 / Extended : 6.1A
    CPU Cache : L1 : 4 x 32 / 4 x 32 KB - L2 : 4 x 256 KB
    CPU Cache : L3 : 8192 KB
    Core : Bloomfield (45 nm) / Stepping : D0
    Freq : 4000.35 MHz (200.02 * 20)

MB Brand : Asus
    MB Model : P6T
    NB : Intel X58 rev 12

SB : Intel 82801JR (ICH10R) rev 00
    GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480
    GPU Clocks : Core 700 MHz / RAM 2003 MHz
    DirectX Version : 11.0

RAM : 6144 MB DDR3 Triple Channel
    RAM Speed : 600.1 MHz (2:6) @ 8-8-8-20
    Slot 1 : 2048MB (10700)
    Slot 1 Manufacturer : Corsair
    Slot 2 : 2048MB (10700)
    Slot 2 Manufacturer : Corsair
    Slot 3 : 2048MB (10700)
    Slot 3 Manufacturer : Corsair
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1113571

Corsair XMS3 Dominator TR3X6G1600C8D

Noctua NH-U12P SE2

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    My beautiful thread is almost at 300 page updating due to me getting a gtx590 and a puppy......yes a cute little poodle puppy. and who put all the pretty red letters in my first post......there pretty.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2012-01-09 at 10:01 PM.

i7 2700k 4.8Ghz Water Cooled
    AsRock Fatality Pro
    Gskill Z Series 16GB DDR3 2133Mhz
    OCZ Vertex III Max Iops 120GB Raid 0 1,000 Mb/s OS Drive - World of Warcraft
    WD Caviar Black 640GB 7200 RPM backup drive
    EVGA GTX 570 HD 2.5GB VRAM x2 SLI
    Cooler Master Silent Gold 1200watt PSU
    Antec 1200 Case
    Plextor CD/DVD Rom
    Logitech G510
    Logitech G700
    Logitech H800
    LG 22" LEDx3 Nvidia Surround 6018x1080p

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    A microphone on my desk that I am now using with my computer is part of my gaming setup, I swear! <3
    I use a Shure SM57 microphone run into an M-Audio Fast Track Pro for vent and stuff, it's a pain in the ass to setup and get the right voice output though. I want a desk microphone that works so people can hear me loud and clear when my face is more then a foot away from the microphone. I hate feeling like I have to breath into the damn things in order for people to hear me. That, plus I find headsets to be irritating for long sessions and cause me discomfort in my neck, I'd rather have my Bose headphones on and a microphone away from my face while gaming so I can sit back and be comfortable.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 05:25 PM ----------

I think he's a bit OCD though.
    Looks like he has a Moog synth in that setup, he must make a ton of coin to afford those freaking things, they cost a few thousand dollars.

Gonna wait till the HD 7970 before I dump everything on the HDD and properly install everything on the SSD. That way, I can install all the newest drivers right away...

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I use a Shure SM57 microphone run into an M-Audio Fast Track Pro for vent and stuff, it's a pain in the ass to setup and get the right voice output though. I want a desk microphone that works so people can hear me loud and clear when my face is more then a foot away from the microphone. I hate feeling like I have to breath into the damn things in order for people to hear me. That, plus I find headsets to be irritating for long sessions and cause me discomfort in my neck, I'd rather have my Bose headphones on and a microphone away from my face while gaming so I can sit back and be comfortable.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 05:25 PM ----------

Looks like he has a Moog synth in that setup, he must make a ton of coin to afford those freaking things, they cost a few thousand dollars.
    dude its deadmau5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Arguably one of the biggest electronic music artists out there today, I would hope he has enough money to afford that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    My beautiful thread is almost at 300 page updating due to me getting a gtx590 and a puppy......yes a cute little poodle puppy. and who put all the pretty red letters in my first post......there pretty.
    You're welcome!
    &nbsp;

I have a series of SWEET JESUS moments using my SSD now. Mostly because even small operations that I expect to take a few secs go like ZOINK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I have a series of SWEET JESUS moments using my SSD now. Mostly because even small operations that I expect to take a few secs go like ZOINK.
    New SSD? :P I felt that way with mine. I'd restart and start my computer over and over again just to see the speed.

I have yet to try that. Seeing ads, I'm reminded I should look more at the settings for Firefox.

---------- Post added 2012-01-10 at 01:24 PM ----------

And here's my new graphics card. Posted here since it's, well, going into my setup. o.o

Link to album

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn you Drunkenvalley, and damn all you scrubs who let this get to page 9

---------- Post added 2012-01-12 at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    New SSD? :P I felt that way with mine. I'd restart and start my computer over and over again just to see the speed.
    After a while that you don't even notice it though, I turn my computer on, load in a record, sit down and turn on my monitors to have the log in screen waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I have yet to try that. Seeing ads, I'm reminded I should look more at the settings for Firefox.

---------- Post added 2012-01-10 at 01:24 PM ----------

And here's my new graphics card. Posted here since it's, well, going into my setup. o.o

oooh shiney