Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Townlong Steppes - Zone Preview

Townlong Steppes

Townlong Steppes is a new zone introduced in Mists of Pandaria.

Separated from the rest of Pandaria by the Great Wall, the rampaging mantid people of the Townlong Wastes devour everything in their path in order to build their own crystalline empire of ruthless warriors and scheming feudal lords. The Pandaren are left reeling when the mantid's thousand-year cycle of aggression kicks off a hundred years too early and their greatest warriors burst through the great wall. The beleaguered Pandaren must now face the worst swarm in recorded history while trying to isolate the cause of the mantid's erratic behavior.

This should be an interesting part of Pandaria
    Eagerly waiting one expansion at a time for the Tinker/Mechanic/Engineer class since 2010

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda have to question if we really needed to add Townlong, Vale, and possibly even Kun'Lai to the previews. We know absolutely nothing about these zones.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Was this one just announced? I don't recall this one being in the Blizzcon panels. Either way, all of these zones sound very interesting!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zentenforius View Post
    Was this one just announced? I don't recall this one being in the Blizzcon panels. Either way, all of these zones sound very interesting!
    It was one of two leveling zones (the other being Vale of Eternal Blossoms) that were confirmed, but nothing mentioned about their story or scenery. I speculate this will be the 87-88 zone, as Vale of Eternal Blossoms was mentioned as one of our last stops. And the map would then say that after going through this zone we'd chose east to Vale or northeast to Kun'Lai.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

This will be interesting zone featuring new kinds of insect monster.

Townlong(螳螂) means 'mantis' in Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by annoyingmoose View Post
    This will be interesting zone featuring new kinds of insect monster.

Townlong(螳螂) means 'mantis' in Chinese.
    Oh really? Well now it all makes even more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I kinda have to question if we really needed to add Townlong, Vale, and possibly even Kun'Lai to the previews. We know absolutely nothing about these zones.
    People would whine if they were left out.

Besides, no reason why they shouldn't be able to be updated later on when we get more information.

Well there is a raid in it, since they said at least one Mantid focused raid will be available on launch at the dungeon panel.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did give a video of the Great Wall dungeon during their art panel, looked like an innovative dungeon design, guess you can't really put it in the zone preview, however.

A zone with a Mongolian theme perhaps? We'll have to wait and see.

There's too much Mantid in MoP? Hm... I wonder if last boss of MoP will have connection to Mantid

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    There's too much Mantid in MoP? Hm... I wonder if last boss of MoP will have connection to Mantid
    It only seems that way beause they're the first of 3 threats having increasing amounts of information released about them. I'm willing to bet the Mogu and Sha will be just as big a focus, the Sha maybe being even bigger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Who wants to bet that these Mantid will turn out to be descendants of Azj'aqir?
    Confirmed by Blizzard, that the Mantid are NOT related to the Silithid of Silithus or the Nerubians of Azjol'Nerub.
    And as those two are the only "descendants" of the Azj'Aqir, they at least do not fit in here (Azj'Aqir split up into two factions after the Sundering, due to one half being in the North and the other being in the South, thus the Silithid and Nerubians were "created")

There is speculation however, that the mantid (and Sha) are in fact related to another Old God which lies beneath Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm weird that there are no Screenshots for this preview, could have sworn this image was from the townlong steppes, though I have no idea how I got that idea :S If not, then what zone is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zentenforius View Post
    Same here, I don't remember this one
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Only place that actually seems interesting from my part of this expansion, rest of them sound really bland to me. This could be awesome, crystalline empire and such, I love beetles, bugs and all kinds of insects in games!

I remember reading something about Mantid areas being all crystalline but I can't remember where from so maybe I made that up

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Only place that actually seems interesting from my part of this expansion, rest of them sound really bland to me. This could be awesome, crystalline empire and such, I love beetles, bugs and all kinds of insects in games!
    Funny part is, I feel the opposite. I love all the other zones, but the way this one is described - I'm just picturing Deepholm with Mantises scurrying around over the crystal rocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh i really want to know more about this zone but blizzard wont spill the beans.