Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I play a male Consular. Our PvE set is the worst, without a doubt. There's no contest.

This is great news...

Deleted
    Great news, but most orange items dropped during leveling and low lvl instance as well as social items do not have augment slots so they'll still be inferior to epic and level 50 crafted item?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Great news, but most orange items dropped during leveling and low lvl instance as well as social items do not have augment slots so they'll still be inferior to epic and level 50 crafted item?
    Yet not all items have an Augment slot unless iit's Critted during crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    All of the crafted items I've seen so far are not above item level 50, other than the Rakata pieces that you learn from your trainer and are Bind on Pickup. At most you're loosing out on potentially a few augment slots - but that is only if you could be bothered to level every relevant crafting profession to maximum and get numerous biometric crystal alloys to proc an item with an augment. If crafted epics would always proc with the augment, then I can imagine people doing this, but potentially having to craft an item 10, 20, 30+ times before getting it to proc, all the while having to vendor the useless ones since they're BoP, and all the while having to continually farm Alloys, I don't see it happening really.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    and this is why i don't like transmog in WoW -.- tanks in only pantles makes me cry =( it is just wrong

Have to admit the recent set-armor in WoW (without any transmog ^^) doesn't look much more than a bikini-with-plateleggings on my character (female draenai tank paladin) ^^ Seems T13 Tank Paladin follows the anime rule of armour on female characters - the less skin the armour covers, the higher the armour value ;-)
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanubis View Post
    I play a male Consular. Our PvE set is the worst, without a doubt. There's no contest.

This is great news...
    It's not worse than Jedi Knight PvP. Really, golden robocop samurai for a Jedi set? You fucking kidding me?

"Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    If crafted epics would always proc with the augment, then I can imagine people doing this, but potentially having to craft an item 10, 20, 30+ times before getting it to proc, all the while having to reverse engineer the useless ones since they're BoP, and all the while having to continually farm Alloys, I don't see it happening really.
    fixed that for you - why would you vendor things you can r/e?
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Or a light, medium, and heavy version of every social piece
    Provided they yank the slots out of these armor sets.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    It's not worse than Jedi Knight PvP. Really, golden robocop samurai for a Jedi set? You fucking kidding me?

what the fudge

Bounty Hunter pvp set looks like a bug with a bunch of scrap metal welded on

Quote Originally Posted by Eliya View Post
    I am so beyond happy to hear this. My closet of orange gear is going to get a workout now! Erm... does this mean people will be tanking in slave bikinis?
    Yeah tell me about it. I crafted a lvl 15 epic cannon and was like HECK YEAH!!! ....wait......no class on Empire uses Cannons!! FFFUUUUU
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    [/IMG]
    The Fairy Princess says hi.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    They need to fix it so that pattern drops for Empire armor aren't so common on Republic side, or at least make it so they never drop for Republic so the GTN ain't cluttered with useless patterns
    I'm pretty sure GTN shows items to both sides, so it's hardly going to be cluttered with useless patterns.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    Great news. I was expecting something like this, but not so soon

They came up with a great customization system, it would be a shame if we couldn't use it up to the end game.

Here's hoping for some dye system next :P

im guessing that first and foremost they wanted to get the game out to the public and make sure there werent huge game crippling bugs. make sure server stability. now that thats done i would assume that they are going to be focused on cleaning up the game and adding features and content.

i for one am glad they didnt wait another 6 months of development to release im having too much fun playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I'm pretty sure GTN shows items to both sides, so it's hardly going to be cluttered with useless patterns.
    Wait wut? So the GTN is netural? Are you sure?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I was pretty sure I read that somewhere. Oh, well, on Nar Shadaa the ones are neutral. The Fleet ones appear to not be.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    It DEFINITELY isnt. I have republic and empire on the same server and republics GTN is EMPTY compared to empire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleshashi View Post
    Between this response and the one about ability delay that they posted on the 6th, they appear to be taking feedback very seriously. That's a great thing, I continue to have high hopes for the game.
    I agree. The thing with MMOs long-term is that you don't need a perfect product on launch (though it helps alot) but what you do need is good changes and the ability to listen to the players. Even if you have a great game from the start bad changes will be the end of it anyway down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    Here's hoping for some dye system next :P
    Yes, please!

And, on topic, this means my Operative will always get to wear a trench-coat. Muahahahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    so my agent can keep his SS uniform then? niiice.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon