Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Anyone else lost interest in GW2?

I've lost interest in this game. Mainly because they are taking forever to finish the game. It's been about 5 years since they first announced GW2. We still don't have a release date. Honestly, I've been waiting all those years for this game.. I just don't care about it anymore. By the time GW2 is released, there will be other games just as good or better.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I've lost interest in this game. Mainly because they are taking forever to finish the game. It's been about 5 years since they first announced GW2. We still don't have a release date. Honestly, I've been waiting all those years for this game.. I just don't care about it anymore. By the time GW2 is released, there will be other games just as good or better.
    Would you rather Anet release an unpolished game 2 years after announcement or a nice 5 years to make it as good as possible? Think about it. Also, I know for a fact that after it's released you will regain interest in the game. Just be patient and everything will go as planned.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Don't ger over-hyped or follow everything about a game, it will be out whenever its ready.

I would rather wait longer for a polished completed game. Just take a step back and stop obsessing and the time will go by quicker.

I haven't lost interest.

After playing SWTOR for the last few weeks, my interest has been RENEWED! I can't wait for good PVP! (Fingers crossed and hoping for the best!)

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because my attention span isn't governed by shiny things like new videos.

Seriously, it's not because they're not showering us in videos and information that they're not working at the game.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Umm would you rather have a really bad game, or an amazing game that blows you away.. I mean it's all up to you, but sometimes your best friend is patience..
    Excited

@OP

Nah. Anet announced way too early though. TOR did as well, but Bioware delivered a stellar MMO (zomg I'm so clever!), so perhaps Anet will as well. There are a lot of games out there and upcoming- Guild Wars 2 is merely one of them. Just have some perspective rather than hoping GW2 will make you toast in the mornings.

Deleted
    To answer your question, no I haven't. And just don't literally wait for Gw2, just play other games in the meantime. GW2 will be released someday, and when it does, I will be there.

Not me. Since the reveal of Mesmer, I'm even more hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    I haven't lost interest.

After playing SWTOR for the last few weeks, my interest has been RENEWED! I can't wait for good PVP! (Fingers crossed and hoping for the best!)
    Same for me, really excited about the game now but I hope they take their time with it.. just not too long :P

Not yet, but it does get pretty frustrating at times -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    NO!
    id rather wait for it to be as awesome as it WILL BE rather than get a shitty game after 1 year in development!

Nope. I'd much rather them take their time making a good game then push out a horribly buggy game. The game still looks superior to any MMO I've seen so far.

Those who lose interest never had it in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craind View Post
    Those who lose interest never had it in the first place.
    Agreed, not really something to "lose interest" in, just because it's taking a while for something to be released. Once it's released, that person will probably still buy it anyway. But as said before, just play other games in the mean time. Lots of great upcoming games this year too, Mass Effect 3, FFXIII-2, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Deleted
    Never lost my interest, but I've only had it for quite exactly a year now so... :P I really like how they're taking their time to polish the game to be as good as possible so I can get more enjoyment out of the game and be able to put even more hours into it that I'd do with an half-polished game...

A-net is in my opinion doing the right thing, everyone has their opinions about this and so be it.

Yeah same here OP, lost so much interest now which is a great shame. I really hoping that my interest will be renewed as we near the release date but I'm not sure that will happen.

They announced it so early because of Guild Wars and wanting the fans of that game to know why there weren't any more campaigns coming out.

It can be frustrating but I haven't lost interest. Just have to keep an even keel about your enthusiasm.

Nope, not really. Guild Wars 2 isn't my life, so I have other things that hold my attention until I wait for the game to come out. I'm excited for it, but I'm not getting overhyped for it. My advice to you is to just forget about it and then you can get hyped when it gets closer to coming out. No need getting hyped for it when they haven't even given a release date. That's just asking for disappointment. I do believe they announced the game too early though.