Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well 1k posts on a site full of wow without owning wow is kinda funny in it's own rite.
    Win a chance at it, or wait.

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    >Posts: 1033

you know this is a world of warcraft website, right?
    Beat me to it!
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're some random person on the internet.

You're just being unreasonable for the sake of being unreasonable.
    Well there you go. You can help them by giving them money.
    I'll give them my money when Diablo 3 is released. I'm not giving them my money for those other games I will never play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no active subscriptions and received a D3 beta invite. Just an FYI: (Granted i have purchased games in the past and did play wow but got the beta invite while no subs were active.)

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I'm not a random person. I have every intention to purchase Diablo 3. The fact is.. Even if I wanted to sign up for the beta.. I have to dish out 40 some odd dollars just for the chance to get invited. I'm not interested in WoW, SC, or the older games. Is that such a crime that I am not interested in those games? So essentially, I would be buying a game I would never play. Then buying Diablo 3 when it comes out. So they make a lot of money off me.
    So you want to play an incomplete game (beta) so you can pass judgement how it is before its complete, yet you are criticizing how they are testing that game with a pool of players that are already committed to the products (beta is a privilege not a right)...yea you seem like you would be an awesome beta tester...Keep staying classy my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post
    It's not even a "Blizzard game". if you don't have an active WoW account, it is highly unlikely you will get into any of their betas.

I got into the SC2 Beta and I have never even played SC. The only Blizzard game I had on the respective account was (an active version of) WoW.

Honestly, it really bugs me; there are some really dedicated Diablo fans out there but they will miss out on the beta, and the ability to post on the forums to share suggestions, ideas and feedback simply because they don't have an active WoW sub.

I'm no Blizzard hater but this is one thing that really bugs me - at how WoW-centric Blizzard is. Don't have WoW sub? Can't post in Diablo forums. Don't have WoW sub? Very unlikely that you will get into Diablo/SC2 beta...
    evidence or you just made up some stuff on the spot to stirr up some hate against bizzard

btw you can easily post in diabloforums with an sc2 account an no wow-sub active... hmm making up random bs is fun it seems? but you will have to excuse me for hating you
    Last edited by Ghul; 2012-01-11 at 08:05 PM.

Is that such a crime that I am not interested in those games?
    No, but likewise its hardly a crime that Blizzard chooses to only select testers from a pool of their current customers. With millions of customers to choose from, why wouldn't they reward their current customer base rather than giving a free game to a prospect (and alienating their loyal customers in the process... can you imagine the forum QQ?).

You are complaining about beta. End of story. I feel like I am back in the SWTOR official forum again....BETA IS FOR THE COMPANY TO TEST THE GAME AND MAKE IT BETTER NOT FOR YOU TO GET A FREE TRIAL.

Apparently you need to purchase a Blizzard game in order to get a chance to be invited for Diablo 3 beta. I don't have any Blizzard games on my account and because of that, I can't sign up for beta. Only way for me to sign up for beta is to purchase another game I'm not interested in. Stay classy, Blizzard.
    Do you have something to substantiate this? Like a blue that says that or something along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    You are complaining about beta. End of story. I feel like I am back in the SWTOR official forum again....BETA IS FOR THE COMPANY TO TEST THE GAME AND MAKE IT BETTER NOT FOR YOU TO GET A FREE TRIAL.
    There that is again. Assuming that people simply want to play the beta just for a "trial run". Please get out of that mindset. Not everyone is like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like they're saying you need to own another Blizzard game to buy Diablo 3 but just to get into the beta. Don't see the fuss. It's a reward system to already faithful customers.

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    also, this
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

There that is again. Assuming that people simply want to play the beta just for a "trial run". Please get out of that mindset. Not everyone is like that.
    he didnt say that? the people in this thread complaining actually are only looking for a free trial and thats why he complained... reading comprehension much?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you claim that you are not a blizzard customer, but they say you suddenly care about the development and bug testing of a future blizzard game? The fact is, you DO just want a free trial.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    I *failed to miss* your point? Exactly, I did not miss your point, as you say. Your point is that you think you're entitled to something that many loyal Blizzard customers don't get. I heard you loud and clear.
    He got two different ways to say the same thing tangeled up. Please don't fight.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You dont see the crime in not wanting to play their other games. I dont see the crime of them rewarding paying customers who do have/play the other material. Stay classy El Cheap-O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    He got two different ways to say the same thing tangeled up. Please don't fight.
    fight, fight, fight! jer-ry, jer-ry!

There is no crime in not wanting to pay for something you don't want. There is also no crime in not handing out beta access to people you don't want to hand it out to - it is a privilege not a right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you get the idea that I think it's a free trial or demo? Here is a thought. Maybe I'm actually interested in helping them find silly bugs and what not.. GASP NO that can't be.. Someone actually wants to do that?!
    Of course it's a free trial. Granted, when I happen to be in beta test, I'll do the bug reports when I come across a bug, but I don't go looking for them, as a proper beta tester should. In all honestly, I do find it weird that you would want to do that. Work for free? Screw that. They can send me a fair wage for testing a game, like they should. It's not like they're running a non-profit organization here. I'll happily volunteer my time to a soup kitchen, or to help with some little league organization, school functions, and what have you. I will not for a corporation worth millions or billions. At the very least, Blizzard should be offering those who test their games some form of compensation. Maybe a free copy of the game, or some cash for the RMT AH.

Game companies exploit their fans so badly, and their fans take it. It's rather pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, a company decides that it wants to reward it's customers. This is the first time in history that has ever happened.
    Chaos ensues. World ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay classy, self-entitled guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I don't see this as a problem at all. Not everyone can get invited to the beta and inviting only blizzard customers helps insure better testing imo.
    Better testing how? By ensuring your entire playerbase is biased in your favor?

No, it's just a marketing ploy. Nothing against a business wanting to make a buck, but this has absolutely nothing to do with quality of players.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Hahaha, fanboys will always come up with some drivel to back up their preconceptions about their favorite company/brand/game/softdrink/vegetable. Frankly, I think it's adorable.