Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Please stop comparing guild wars 1 to guild wars 2. They are completely different.

Grugmuc.

What you propose is totally impossible.

No one could enjoy both Coke and Pepsi. You can only have one, for the rest of your life. Forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    The analogy of coke and pepsi to WoW and GW2 is meh. You drink soda for a few minutes, you're done, you might go grab another. You invest large amounts of times in an MMO, you don't spend hours and hours a day drinking coke or pepsi. Not everyone has the time to effectively play more than one MMO. I'm not saying the games can't co exist, but not entirely peacefully.To think they won't effect each other in one way or another makes no sense. The "play both" solution is an impossibility to some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic: I've found that when you stop drinking coke/pepsi by default, it opens up a new exciting world of beverages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Off topic: I've found that when you stop drinking coke/pepsi by default, it opens up a new exciting world of beverages.
    And you stop getting fat!

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    Because you don't want to eat the same thing every day forever? :P
    Yeah I could live with tacos, and we've been eating WoWsoup for 7 years.

wow wont die there to crafty lol, they lose some people to swtor then a ton of people 2 gw2 5 months later vanilla wow is reopened as free 2 play, old skool players comeback, other free mmo players move 2 wow & wow sells crap ton of expantions that makes up for the loses

then it will be vanilla wow leading f2p, guild wars 2 being the best mmo slowly crushing the compatition & swtor slowly dieing off once people finish the story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wahush View Post
    wow wont die there to crafty lol, they lose some people to swtor then a ton of people 2 gw2 5 months later vanilla wow is reopened as free 2 play, old skool players comeback, other free mmo players move 2 wow & wow sells crap ton of expantions that makes up for the loses

then it will be vanilla wow leading f2p, guild wars 2 being the best mmo slowly crushing the compatition & swtor slowly dieing off once people finish the story.
    They aren't that "crafty". They have stated specifically there will never be vanilla servers. They have also said they will never go f2p. Your dreams are not in line with reality. The only people to kill WoW will be blizzard, and frankly they are doing a damn good job of it if I do say so myself.

All these metaphors and analogies are making me a cranky and hungry asura...

Thankfully, I won't have to periodically post in this thread. There's so many threads and I only have so much time.
    Now I'm gonna go get the best pizza I can buy and put some extra cheese and jalapenos on it.
    Toodles

It won't kill it... I'm not planning on buying GW2 which means I'm sure other people aren't planning on buying GW2... why you ask? I don't like how it looks so far...(OMG I have a different opinion on a game I'm sucha badie)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz
    Why are they deleting all the topics about this on the official forums?

thats censorship man, fucking unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Its almost like it's a private forum with a set of rules people agreed to follow!

Quote Originally Posted by wahush View Post

More likely Vanilla wow servers are launched F2p and the rose colored glasses shatter in a rain of tears. I admit I enjoyed vanilla more than cata but I think I'd find it hard to go back to that state. Many classes were limited to 1 viable spec or just broken altogeather.

For myself wow is now dead. was gona hang with my raiding guild till either MOP or GW2, wichever came first but TOR siphoned off enough members to kill the raid and I dont feel like finding another guild. will kill some time in TOR for now, its at least worthy enough to be on par with KTOR. I dont expect GW2 will kill WoW, I still believe that only Bliz can kill WoW although they do seem on the right path for that. GW2 will siphon off even more subs but WoW is already hemorrhaging pretty badly. I dont know if it will stabalize without dieing or if it will just be one of many when it stops the bleeding but the heyday is over.

Who is John Galt?

Someone think of the children.......... Can't we all just get along.
    WoW has their fans, GW2 will have theirs.
    Personally I'm done with WoW, we had 7 great years together. But like everything else it must come to an end.
    Time will tell if GW2 is any good.

i think wow is at a point in its life where it will lose subs to everybody that comes along. this is only natural, people get tired of the same game for years. they will co-exist quite well though

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    The analogy of coke and pepsi to WoW and GW2 is meh. You drink soda for a few minutes, you're done, you might go grab another. You invest large amounts of times in an MMO, you don't spend hours and hours a day drinking coke or pepsi. Not everyone has the time to effectively play more than one MMO. I'm not saying the games can't co exist, but not entirely peacefully.To think they won't effect each other in one way or another makes no sense. The "play both" solution is an impossibility to some people.
    I drink a lot of soda. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    lol that's the way i'm seeing it... And even if it's Man 2 giving away tacos, why would i pay for Pizza when i'm getting tacos for free?
    Because you can get tacos and pizza! Why not both?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Depends on how much of a fattie you are. As much as I eat, I only have so much room in my stomach. After a pizza I am not sure I would want tacos or the other way around.

I dont think people understand, WoW is PVE based, and GW2 is PVP based, WoW is P2P and GW2 is F2P, they are both completely different games, the one thing that is similar is they are considered mmo's and you have spells thats about it.

It is totally possible to play both at the same time, and enjoy it. And again GW2 CAN'T dethrone WoW because there are no subscribers in GW2, no matter how big GW2 gets it will NEVER have more subscribers than WoW because it has NO subscribers. There could be more players but that wouldn't mean squat because GW2 would be F2P once you buy the box.

You also can't say GW2 is completely different to GW1 if you never played GW2 unless you are an alpha tester or something. F2P games and P2P dont compete they coexist thats what im trying to say. GW2 gets the F2P market, WoW gets the P2P market.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Because I'm only hungry enough for 1 meal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I dont think people understand, WoW is PVE based, and GW2 is PVP based, WoW is P2P and GW2 is F2P, they are both completely different games, the one thing that is similar is they are considered mmo's and you have spells thats about it.
    Wrong and wrong. GW2 is NOT pvp based, nor is it F2P, it is B2P. You have to buy the box but there is no sub fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    GW2 is PVP based
    No, it's not.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...se-assumptions - point1
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-uninitiated - everything but the pvp bit.

possible to play both at the same time
    o.0 how many hands do you have 0.o
    Seriously though...not everyone has the time or desire to do this.

And again GW2 CAN'T dethrone WoW because there are no subscribers in GW2, no matter how big GW2 gets it will NEVER have more subscribers than WoW because it has NO subscribers. There could be more players but that wouldn't mean squat because GW2 would be F2P once you buy the box.
    This is a massive oversimplification of the issue. If dethrone can be defined as taking subscribers away from wow so that it becomes commercially non-viable...then ofc it can "dethrone" it. GW2 can't out-subscribe it ofc...but that's completely moot. It can out-popularize it.

You also can't say GW2 is completely different to GW1
    We can