Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly sure GW2 wont have pet battles.

So thats one thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    WoW > GW2 period.

If you're going to post, please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    What happened to that infraction? Is it me who can't see it, or did he just not get one?

OT: Stop caring about what people like and don't like; if it's good, people will play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    What happened to that infraction? Is it me who can't see it, or did he just not get one?
    I see the red cards.

Simple answer: different strokes for different folks.

More complicated answer: Different people like different things. The features in GW2 just don't appeal to some people. Just like WoW doesn't appeal to every MMORPG gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    Why would you want to get rid of the holy trinity system?
    As long as they are new and fun, I'm not complaining.
    oh i can go on for HOURS of why the trinty system is garbage, but ill just list a few.healers and tanks are op, they are more valued then dps so that basically means that if your in a 5man 10 man 25 man or a guild that if u have an issue with said tanks and healers attitude they will more then likely kick you instead of shitbag healers/tanks.more people play dps then tanks and healers so that means your enjoyment is depended if you can find these certain players, cant find that tank for the 5 man? you dont get to play, cant get a healer for pvp? you dont get to play

Quote Originally Posted by pharaum View Post
    oh i can go on for HOURS of why the trinty system is garbage, but ill just list a few.healers and tanks are op, they are more valued then dps so that basically means that if your in a 5man 10 man 25 man or a guild that if u have an issue with said tanks and healers attitude they will more then likely kick you instead of shitbag healers/tanks. thank and more people play dps then tanks and healers so that means your enjoyment is depended if you can find these certain players, cant find that tank for the 5 man? you dont get to play, cant get a healer for pvp? you dont get to play

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by slimj091 View Post
    because I played GW1, and nothing put out by arena net excites me. what you enjoy, and what I enjoy are two different things. you shouldn't get so bent out of shape when everyone doesn't share the same interests as you.
    This is why I'm not interested I remember how they hyped out GW1 and honestly the things they are showing will be only a small part of the game. I honestly feel like the game will have a lot of similarities to GW1 I know a lot of you GW2 fans will say they are nothing alike but untill I actually see any proof that it will have more gameplay value I won't bother with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Thanks for posting it arrow, that vid is agood one to explain it

I wonder why alexrediculous stopped making new vids, his were realy good at explaining GW2's features to the laymen

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how different Guild Wars 2 will be from the first Guild Wars, but it just didn't "click" with me when I tried it (the first one), so I'm quite biased about it, I admit. Besides, World of Warcraft still holds my interest and ToR as second candidate (and Dark Millennium as third, but that is still far away from release) when it comes to MMO's.

No room left for MMO's for me, sorry!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post

So thats one thing.
    So I guess you will be in for a surprise if they bring back polymock.
    There is also a thread on this: click

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Thanks for posting it arrow, that vid is agood one to explain it

I wonder why alexrediculous stopped making new vids, his were realy good at explaining GW2's features to the laymen
    He didn't really "stop", I guess he just lacks stuff to say about the game, and he is just waiting on being able to play and tell more.

People can be completely uninterested in GW2 if they want to be. What a strange and loaded question...
    Many people are looking for something different..and if GW2 floats their boat...hurray

As for what does wow have that GW2 doesn't? Obviously it's own and appealing lore (not that GW2 doesn't have this too, mind). It's a well developed story. And the game is easily accessible and playable. It's very social. Many people like this. And why not?

Also, GW2 will have pet battles. It's been discussed very recently under a thread which I think is still on the front page. Thankfully though...they're not calling it pet battles

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    There is also a thread on this: click
    Ha! beat me to it
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-01-15 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocurious View Post
    Like SWTOR, the new features will probably not be that great, or the combat will be less satisfying. I've been playing Rift since it was in beta and GW2 just doesn't look interesting after how bad swtor and cataclysm were.
    That's not an argument, that's just low faith for MMOs.

Seeing this thread, I feel like a lot of people should take their time to read (or bookmark for later) this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-uninitiated

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    video
    BURN Trinity system burrrrrrnnnnn.

*coughs* Moving on...

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 01:41 AM ----------

So thats one thing.
    What proof have you discovered besides your own thought process that Guild wars 2 won't have pet battles?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-from-WoW-Nope!
    Last edited by zito; 2012-01-15 at 01:42 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    I can speak for that, the only place ive heard of gw2 is here on mmo-champ and i goda tell ya, I have no idea what all the fuzz is about, checked it out on its web page and from my POV it looks like a slightly different lotr game.
    Álot of people are folowing it already, but, it hasn't even been marketted yet. So when it is you will see more of a boom.

So thats one thing.
    Actually...it will. Colin Johanson's pet project in EOTN was Polymock which was a pokemon battle system within the GW1 combat system. GW2 will have an evolved system and you'll be able to use the minipets you collect and battle with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wille1000 View Post
    Why wouldn´t you want to get rid of the the holy trinity system?
    Why would you want to? it has worked for years. and seems quite fun to many players.

Quote Originally Posted by ReWahn View Post
    Why would you want to? it has worked for years. and seems quite fun to many players.
    Define your definition of "worked"

Being in a successful game doesn't necessarily mean it worked, I think many games could of survived without it but the trinity system is just an easy way to base a game around. Nobody wants to step up and do the hard work when there is an easy way out which people can recognize.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by ReWahn View Post
    watch the video posted above

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I suspect a long line of other MMOs that were greatly hyped and fell flat has given people a more tempered approach.
    Many MMOs that have been greatly hyped have given little information on their development process(es). ANet gives so much information on the process of GW2's development that it's almost as if we've played the game already. This, in turn, creates just as much speculation/dislike of/for the game that when it actually launches none of the conversations going on now will differentiate from the conversations going on then. Save for conversations pertaining to features that haven't been announced yet, which will be discussed during OB. I'm saying that the tempered approach stops at GW2. People see what the game is NOW and will see the same of the game upon release. I suspect that the only hate-speech against GW2 will be the same as it is now, but in more ignorant depth; "No endgame", "No gear progression", "etc". Nothing will change on these forums in the sense of approach.