Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    "Guild Wars: Where men are muscular warriors and women are runaway models!"

Good to see this hasn't changed.
    Charr and Asura certainly don't fit that.

Jesus... If half the armors posted here make it ingame, I'll be farming like crazy to get them. They look bloody amazing, and far more badass than what I've seen in a game for a while!

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Cuz it looks just badass :P

Deleted

Because Charr are so badass they can pull off anything.

Deleted
    I can't remember seeing any Char with helmets on, or if I did I didn't register it. Can anyone link a picture of one cos I'm interested in how they fit. I never liked how Tauren helmets worked and I want to see how anet have worked it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kore nametooshort View Post
    I can't remember seeing any Char with helmets on, or if I did I didn't register it. Can anyone link a picture of one cos I'm interested in how they fit. I never liked how Tauren helmets worked and I want to see how anet have worked it.
    Here you go! (There is ofc much more/different helms, but this is some)

btw, the in-game is actually looking very much like the concept art, thats why I got some concept art

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    No, I don't want that flimsy crap, that is Rytlock Brimstone's sword, not the sword of the guard in the video. I want the one that looks like a 200 lb slab of steel.
    dont ever diss the FDS, ever

besides you want a fellblade, which are far more overrated than FDS/IDS ever were
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    @odezee & post 18

I'm pretty sure that some of those artworks are creatureartworks, e.g. the corrupted creatures; you probably won't be able to get their armor.
    i am pretty sure i remember a dev saying that if you can see it on an NPC, you can wear it in-game, so i would assume that would also apply to enemy NPCs as you have to kill them to get their armor anyway, right?
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    i am pretty sure i remember a dev saying that if you can see it on an NPC, you can wear it in-game, so i would assume that would also apply to enemy NPCs as you have to kill them to get their armor anyway, right?
    only most of them...
    Q: Will the armor sets of groups such as the Grove Wardens, the Seraph and even the Ministry guard be available to players?
    Eric Flannum: Most of the armor sets you see on NPCs will be available to players. Of the sets you mentioned, the Seraph and Warden armor is available to players. The Ministry armor is currently restricted to members of the Ministry Guard.
    http://ashenfold.com/2011/12/13/ashe...-eric-flannum/

I'm pretty sure though this doesn't include creature-armor, only humanoid armor... searching the source right now

Players also have the option to wear clothing and are able to wear almost anything worn by NPCs. For example, a merchant's garb or blacksmith's aprons can be worn by the player, as well as armor sets of various groups such as the Seraph or Wardens.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor

....although: watching this picture again, there are only 3 or 4 creatures where I don't think the armor could be in the game. e.g. this burning creature (which was seen in a early trailer) or the corrupted Kodan.

Edit:
    I think you got your statement from this source:
    During the GW2 panel, I also learned that a new level of clothing customization is in the works, allowing you to further personalize your experience. Excited character artist Kristen Perry eagerly announced “You know all those outfits you see the NPCs wearing? Well, most of them, you’ll be able to wear too.” While fashion probably isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when you think GW, Kristen says sometimes “you just want a sensible pair of shoes;” if that spells a more vibrant and ‘alive’ world in the long-run, I’m all in.
    seems it's in the context of npcs in the streets of divinity's reach, in the article right over this paragraph, there is a picture of townspeople too.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/30/pe...-guild-wars-2/

back to topic:
    hey, nice one
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-01-15 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    Rapti, I hope that charr armor so comes in the game for other races as well. Not really interested in playing a charr, but want it for my human warrior/guardian!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    just throwing out images for those who have not seen all of the available armors out there.

The greenish Necro armor (at least I hope it is an armor) with a scythe. I want. Now give it to me. Pls? =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheider Zeth View Post
    The greenish Necro armor (at least I hope it is an armor) with a scythe. I want. Now give it to me. Pls? =)
    If you mean the guy in the first picture, bottom left, that's Dhuum (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dhuum) so I'm pretty sure that won't be possible..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheider Zeth View Post
    That's Dhuum, the overthrown god of the underworld. Really doubt that his regalia will be available to players. He might return as Anet's banhammer though.
    Watch this: Goldseller gets banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Rapti, I hope that charr armor so comes in the game for other races as well. Not really interested in playing a charr, but want it for my human warrior/guardian!
    No idea, but its charr "racial" armor (the wolf emblem on chest).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    If you mean the guy in the first picture, bottom left, that's Dhuum (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dhuum) so I'm pretty sure that won't be possible..
    We can always hope they'll make an armor in his style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    We can always hope they'll make an armor in his style.
    Yes thats true. It is possible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Chicks like sexy armor too! >.>

Also:
    like! *thumb up*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Can someone link the chubby (norn) female?
    Also, do the females in #44 look like runaway models to you?
    .... that was a dude.....

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 11:59 AM ----------

There's not enough Sylvari armor in this thread....

I'd want the middle top one, or the far left top or far right bottom for my ranger!!
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-01-15 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

norn females look like appropriate warriors and hunters of nordic inspired peoples. how are they "chubby" or "runway" models? wtf is wrong with people? *rage*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    norn females look like appropriate warriors and hunters of nordic inspired peoples. how are they "chubby" or "runway" models? wtf is wrong with people? *rage*
    No fencers, he's not saying that they're chubby he's saying that they have 1 body type that is essentially the chubby body type. The rest of them look, as you said, normal nordic inspired people. But seriously, i don't know why everyone thinks why females look like runway models in GW/GW2... most of them look like pretty normal individuals if you ask me...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.