View Poll Results: So is it right?

Voters
1012. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it should go to top performers who don't have the item

336 33.20%
  • No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.

608 60.08%
  • Maybe, not sure.

68 6.72%
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    On my Mage and hunter who have all tier already and most other gear from raid. I will need on the items I already have.

If I win such item, I will use recount and determine which person I feel deserves it. Obviously I inspect the person first to see if he's gemmed/enchanted as well.

But normally I give it to the best healer/dps.
    So what you are saying is that people who are good should be better while people who are bad should stay the same? How are they going to get better if they don't get the gear to be better? Also who are you to decide who deserves loot or not, you aren't the almighty god of loot.

Also judging a player based on gems/enchants is bad. For example my Druid was very lucky at the start of LFR and got lots of loot (obviously all had red sockets) and I got broke and couldn't gem everything or enchant most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    They do, but they aren't important when deciding where loot goes. If people pull their weight or don't is what matters, the reason they do or don't only matters to them. Nobody else cares why, the only thing they care about is that they are being leeched off of.

That would depend on the situation. If I won the roll, didn't want the item and the tank was next on rolls I may or may not give it to him depending on what he screwed up. Everyone makes errors, but if he messed up fading light a few times I probably wouldn't. Same with the mage, if he was next on the roll and it was deathwing no, that's not good enough. If it's blackhorn I would probably give it to him. Maybe that's not what you wanted as an answer there I'm not really sure why you asked.
    and how exaclty can you pull your weight when you lack the ilvl? do you just pull less weight, or what exaclty is the weight expected? should a 372 player pull the same dps as someone in 390 or 397 gear?

oh ok so YOU decide the exeption when it's convenient for you. biased and unfair i think. it does depend on the situation. reverse the rolls, what if you are in a raid in low item level gear and you are doing your best, but you only put out 25k dps, or maybe you lag and put out less, whatever the reason is. is it ok for someone of higher dps to given that item you need just because their dps was higher?

Quote Originally Posted by Donax View Post
    No i just could give a rats ass about other people in the game. I don't see why I would go out of my way to prevent someone from getting something because they suck or or not. Not worth my time. All I care about is people in my guild when I do guild runs.
    I do LFR because it's fun and gives me valor I pass on gear I've won and only roll if its an upgrade. I could give a shit if some clown did 4k dps and won a shiny object. I won't see them again and it's not worth any effort to get all nerd rage on them. If they were truly detrimental to the raid then I would ask to have them kicked (pulling early dying on purpose whatever) but if they aren't there and we still down the boss who really gives a fuck?

Seriously?

How pathetic are you that you need to police every goddamn thing?
    "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Deleted
    If you clearly read my post, I said I inspect the people first.

Secondly there's a ilvl requirement, so if you can't pull those numbers in that ilvl, that means your cheating the system. Pvp wearers I'm looking at you for this.

Obv I'm not giving it to the person in full 397 gear. That would be dumb. I'm talking about people with 3/4 tier, doing a solid job and deserve the item.
    im a 'pvp wearer' warrior and ill have you know i regularly top the dps meters in lfr (its not that hard tbh) unfortunately i am having terrible luck because self entitled asses who have already got better gear keep needing on items. i did wonder why people would do this but now thanks to you i have some idea. I ask you if people like you are taking loot they dont need and handing it to whoever you feel deserves it how am i meant to kit out my toon because you feel that despite me doing more then my share of dps i dont deserve it cause im in PVP gear?

how can you ask if "playing God" in LFR is right? OFC it isnt if u have the item then pass or greed roll and give the equal chance for looting to those who need it. I utterly hate seeing this in LFR it really pisses me off. Had one the other day where the tank was given the 2h dps sword because he passed a tank trinket earlier. This means 1stly the other tank missed out on the trinket and secondly a dps missed out on the sword. In other words 2 main items went to offspecs totally making a mockery of the loot system.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercoven View Post
    what exaclty are you arguing? where did i state that having gear makes you competent enough to handle simple mechanics? lets say guy a has 346 gear and guy b has 372 gear, both of them know and understand the mechanics, they do not fail at mechanics, yet guy b puts out so much more dps then guy a, therefor he contributes more to the fight then guy b. i never stated that gear defines how well you can handle mechanics, i was defending the fact that it doesn't. my argument that you quoted had to do with me defending people who do lower dps and how they should have a right to upgrades!
    I'm saying a well played toon in 346 gear would not be so noticeably bad as to be passed over by loot by anyone with enough game knowledge making that judgement. For that matter, someone making that judgement would likely look at the 346 geared toon and look at their performance and preferentially give them the piece of gear knowing that it would be put to good use. The number of players in appropriate gear who I would say are underperforming their potential by at least 50% is staggering. That said, that performance is adequate for RF and RF is designed for just these players so I don't care if they get loot or not and wouldn't pass them over. The only time I play god is to make sure the AFK'ers have less chance at loot. Everyone else is in the pool and it goes to next highest roll. I've only passed over someone once, but I'm glad I did, because 7k worth of white swings on Madness should not get Gurth.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercoven View Post
    and how exaclty can you pull your weight when you lack the ilvl? do you just pull less weight, or what exaclty is the weight expected? should a 372 player pull the same dps as someone in 390 or 397 gear?

it does depend on the situation. reverse the rolls, what if you are in a raid in low item level gear and you are doing your best, but you only put out 25k dps, or maybe you lag and put out less, whatever the reason is. is it ok for someone of higher dps to given that item you need just because their dps was higher?
    I don't redistribute based on dps or ilvl or anything. I look at the rolls, highest roll wins, assuming they weren't afk/deliberately useless/doing 8k dps etc. That's all there is to it.

oh ok so YOU decide the exeption when it's convenient for you. biased and unfair i think.
    That's life. I don't pretend to be perfect, I just pretend to be better than a random number generator.

See this is where you are wrong.

LFR is to see the content.

Normal and heroic is for gear.

Go try and win a full tier set using nothing but lfr, I dare you. Not unless your the one out of 100 people who are just plain lucky.

My pally has cleared its every week since release and still hasn't got one piece of loot from it. But i don't care tbh.
    Gotta love the the person who says LFR is to see the content but also feels he/she/it should be the deciding factor on who deserves loot! Hypocrite much?

fyi you have more people who chose "No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.
    option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    I highly disagree with this. I'm sorry, but how exactly do you expect their stats to get higher if they don't get better gear? HPS/DPS doesn't determine player skill. If I had more skill, but someone like you kept taking my gear and giving it to the guy with all the nice gear he won already from being carried, my stats will never be as high as his, and it becomes this vicious circle. Stop doing this, please. All you're doing is preventing people from moving forward.
    If someone has 359 but is gemmed and enchanted and reforged properly, I'll give it to that person over the guy who has 346 with no gems/enchants. Just look at people who rolled 2nd highest/closest to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    You already have the gear and should not be rolling on it.
    Ignoring all the other issues for a moment, I would like somebody to answer simply why? for this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    im a 'pvp wearer' warrior and ill have you know i regularly top the dps meters in lfr (its not that hard tbh) unfortunately i am having terrible luck because self entitled asses who have already got better gear keep needing on items. i did wonder why people would do this but now thanks to you i have some idea. I ask you if people like you are taking loot they dont need and handing it to whoever you feel deserves it how am i meant to kit out my toon because you feel that despite me doing more then my share of dps i dont deserve it cause im in PVP gear?
    And I ask you why you feel you can be a "self-entitled ass" expecting to get LFR gear over people who put the effort into getting heroic gear first?

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    But seriously, if you ever find a decent player in LFR, you should tell them they shouldn't be wasting their time there, not deciding who gets what loot.
    Then nothing would get done in LFR. You would be lucky to down Morchok after an hour or so... and I am not kidding lol.

These "elitist" and decent players you talking about are the reason the boss died. Not the 7-8 morons that stood in black stuff and died. Not the melee that stays on boss when there are slimes to kill. Not the horrible players that die to ice walls, or cant press a huge button on their screen to not get smashed by Ultraxion. Those players def will not net you a boss kill.

I would personally love it if anyone with half a brain took a month off of LFR. The QQ would be palpable lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henline View Post
    And I ask you why you feel you can be a "self-entitled ass" expecting to get LFR gear over people who put the effort into getting heroic gear first?
    Lol "effort" getting heroic gear, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Gotta love the the person who says LFR is to see the content but also feels he/she/it should be the deciding factor on who deserves loot! Hypocrite much?

fyi you have more people who chose "No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.
    option.
    That just goes to show that there are a lot of ignorant/naive players in this game and nothing else.

Deleted
    Ignoring all the other issues for a moment, I would like somebody to answer simply why? for this statement.
    Why? Because you don't need it and if you're queuing LFR chances are you're doing it with randoms thus it doesn't effect you in any way shape or form thus if it bothers you, you have a problem and too much time on your hands?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volraths View Post
    it s not up to u to decide who gets what
    Actually, if he wins the piece, it is.

OP, go for it. You have just as much chance as anyone to win the roll and do as you please with the item. That's actually how I got my LFR helm. Some guy saw I was at the top of the meters still stuck in a BoA helm on my new frost DK, rolled on the helm that dropped and traded it to me when he won. It was a great surprise.

Because people have developed poor reasoning about the system based on the social norm in 5 mans and haven't yet realized those same social norms will never apply to LFR because of it's magnitude.

Of course it's wrong. But I can only control what I do, not the actions of random players I run into. So I've stopped caring.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

just keep the damn gear. why do you gear all those scrub alts. Raiding should be competitive.

so after every item win "suck on this scrubs"
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Lol "effort" getting heroic gear, good one.
    That was the point. It takes 0 effort to obtain the proper gear and it's more of a "self-entitled" attitude to expect to get PvE gear when wearing PvP gear than to intentionally pass over those lazy people and give it to players who at least put the minimal effort into running pre-raid content.