View Poll Results: So is it right?

Voters
1012. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it should go to top performers who don't have the item

336 33.20%
  • No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.

608 60.08%
  • Maybe, not sure.

68 6.72%
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    cant argue with you, you just dont want to see a fair game i take it...
    Fair? You want to abuse me and take away the right I earned and talk about fair in the same breath? What planet are you from?

I understand not wanting players who did nothing during the fight the loot, obviously if they didn't even try they don't deserve it. Where my line is drawn is to just hand it to the top performing player who doesn't have the piece. Let's say a tier token drops and you have to choose between shaman, hunter, or warrior to give it to. First off, if you're only looking at the dps charts it sucks for the shaman that could have been healing. Now assuming you look at all the charts, and see you have a top healing shaman with a top shaman dps then how do you decide? Hopefully you ask them to roll for it because it seems unfair to one of them to just hand it over. Considering rolls between them should be fair as they both did an equally good job just from different roles in the group. Same thing goes for a warrior, if you have a great warrior tank vs. an outstanding warrior dps, looking at charts alone isn't going to be a fair measure of who you think should get the loot.

There's also the issue of equal dps if you happen to not have a shaman healer or warrior tank, if there's only say a 2 or 3% difference (maybe less when it comes to top dps it's usually a .4% dif.) it's still not fair to just hand it to someone because they were slightly better than the other. And this is just saying that there were say 3 or 4 players doing their role correct, killing what needed to be killed, and stayed out of stuff on the ground. I think having them at least perform another roll for the loot is MUCH more fair than you just deciding who gets it who doesn't. All those people are working for the loot and they all deserve the fair chance at getting it.

15+ Year Old Account
    you're pretty much trying to play the role of God in LFR, do you think you are God? If so then yes its ok to do, otherwise let the system do whats its programmed to do and keep your self righteous attitude out of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Frankly, the loot system was not put in place for YOU to decide who is "good enough" to get gear. Really, who are you to judge?
    You can certainly judge who participated in the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by megrim View Post
    I mostly agree with this, however, the tern NEED implies that you intend to use the item. Rolling NEED when you don't is morally wrong, and I don't believe gear should go to the TOP performer, but anyone who is pulling their weight and who has taken the time to understand their class and the fights.

As you said though this is a fault of the system in place and legally you are right, it is still kind of a dick move though, if killing was legal should people just run around killing people all day? Harsh exaggeration but just making a point.
    Therein lies the problem though. If you will ever, at any point in time, use the item then you need it. People seem to think that just because someone won't use it as often that means that they don't need it and it instead should go to them. This is greed in a nutshell as Larwood pointed out a few posts above yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    Clearly you thought wrong. Why should my ability to roll need be taken away when I have participated in the kill as much as anybody else?

There is no reason, other than your greed; you want it, I have it already, so somehow that makes you more important than me.
    So in normal raids should guilds just let everyone free roll on every item they can use? You are abusing a broken system, a person wanting an upgrade is not greedy, a person rolling need on an item they have is. You can twist this any way you see fit, it doesn't change the fact that you are a greedy person by nature with this kind of logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can certainly judge who participated in the kill.
    Yes, but then what gives you the right to decide who best deserves the gear? You don't know these people. And whats more, how do you compare something like healing to DPS or tanking with tier pieces?

RNG is a bitch, but it's still the most fair way to go.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The roll system is there to decide who gets the loot, it doesn't need you.

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Need = you will use it cause its better what you have... i thought that was obvious after so many years with this game.
    Greed = if you have it, cant use it, if you are just greedy and hope to win it for the money or other reasons.

What is so complicated with this?

Sure you can stil roll need in any case, its not bannable by the game rules, but if you want to be a douche =)
    this guy larwood has no problem with doing this because he's in a raiding guild and they run regular/heroic. would love to see him join a pug, and have his roll be ignored and the item go to someone who is doing more dps then him.

Deleted
    So it'd be better to sell the item then?

Deleted
    OP should be banned for his actions.

You are not even close to decide who should and shouldn't get the loot. People like you disgust me OP and are the rotten core that is ruining the game.
    Also it should not be possible to trade loot rolls in LFR since this way guildy can roll for each other to get a friend more then one gear piece per boss. Hope it will come in the next loot fix aswell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huntera View Post
    And he has every right to use that roll system for his own chance on the item. After that, he's free to do as he pleases with it. Everyone participating in the kill has an opportunity to roll on the loot.

Why do people keep asking if others are god? Of course they aren't, such a thing doesn't even exist...

Anyway, people rolling for this reason are not having any effect whatsoever on anybody else's chance of winning. You can still roll top and win the item in the normal fashion. You are not being disadvantaged in any way. The only thing that might happen is, if you lose the roll, you have an additional very small chance that somebody will give the item to you because you weren't afk having a fap or derping around on the wrong platform.

Quote Originally Posted by huntera View Post
    And that sir is the problem.

The /roll system needs to be fixed or replaced with a new system.

The roll system is crap.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

So in normal raids should guilds just let everyone free roll on every item they can use? You are abusing a broken system, a person wanting an upgrade is not greedy, a person rolling need on an item they have is. You can twist this any way you see fit, it doesn't change the fact that you are a greedy person by nature with this kind of logic.
    Hmmm, that's how we do it. We rely on the group to decide who the item is best for, but at the end of the day, it's the winners decision where the item ends up. The only rule we have is that if it's offspec it gets traded to a mainspec roller. It's a self policing system as anyone who is deemed to repeatedly show extreme greed or not put the raid group first knows they will likely not raid as much. I can't imagine it working for 25 man, but for 10 man it's worked quite well for almost 2 years, with only minor loot drama issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post

The roll system is crap.
    Let me refer you to the common adage that has been an invaluable part of MMOs since their creation:

RNG is RNG.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

So in normal raids should guilds just let everyone free roll on every item they can use?
    These are not normal raids. Normal raids do not carry useless people or tolerate permanent afkers. Trying to equate the 2 is a fallacy.

a person wanting an upgrade is not greedy
    I didn't say they were, I said them telling me I have no right to roll is greedy.

So you don't get mad when you lose to someone who isn't gemmed or enchanted, not pulling their weight, and doing very low numbers?

If you raided for real would you even raid with that person?

I'm not trying to start a fight, but I think it goes both ways.
    No I dont get mad either, I loose souldrinker all the time to people do a lot less than me, but at the end of the day anything I win in that LFR is a bonus and thats how it should be seen. But you are cheating the system rolling on need something you dont need and are just going to give away to a person you think derserves it more, cmon who the hell do you think you are frankly? what if person who you think derserved it more has a mix of fl heroic normal ds gear and had one out dated trinket and wanted it from lfr because he didnt have enough epgp this week or the person whos been farming heroics saving vp to hit the ilvl to get in, on their first character maybe? so hes obv going to be less, and you give it to raider

It is cheating the system, and like I said who the hell do you think you are to choose who gets what? if blizzard wanted that they would of allowed master looter in LFR

off topic

I run LFR on my main and finish at one of the highest dps over all and on boss's. I win and lose on items to people higher and lower then me.I then run on my warlock and normally do the least of the dps, I then do my priest hich I come about 8-10 normally. I out roll higher dps on those characters as well as lose some items, but I did my share of damage, I was there I wasn't afk I do my best why shouldnt I win some loot?

The best example had to be last week, running on my sp. Mostly a guild group and they were gearing a member who they said had been away for a bit, so they rolled to give it to their guildie when they could. And he got a lot that run, except when it came to Madness, two staffs dropped, the haste ones, and me and another randomer won it who had done less dps, he out right demaded and spammed us to give both staffs over to him and a healer in their guild, because they had been kind enough to 'carry' us the whole time. And he didnt think he had enough loot from just about every boss
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    See this is where you are wrong.

LFR is to see the content.

Normal and heroic is for gear.

Go try and win a full tier set using nothing but lfr, I dare you. Not unless your the one out of 100 people who are just plain lucky.

My pally has cleared its every week since release and still hasn't got one piece of loot from it. But i don't care tbh.
    Isn't karma great

The roll system is crap.
    Let me guess, its crap when someone doing lower than you wins the item you want?

but its perfectly fine when you win against other people?

I'm not saying its fine for afkers to win, but besides that you need to think about what you type instead of verbally vomiting over these threads
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate