Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Is it that we hate MoP or...

Or did you want something not so much different?

I'm looking forward to the expansion as I did with all the others. However the theme of WoW really changed with this one.

We are (the people who been playing for years now) 4-5 plus, have had the same view of wow now.

Now to go and add in something complete different, it's kind of hard to deal with.

It's like we put in all this work just to get something that we didn't really want, but will still try it. I mean hell I'm open to the idea, but I was looking forward to something other then this.

Anyone else feel this way? Kinda on a teeter totter with MoP.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the difference?

New Expansion has always been:

Travel to new leveling areas
    Level to cap while running, or not running new dungeons along the way
    Reach cap and gear for heroics
    Run heroics
    Raid

I don't see how MoP changes this

The overall theme of MoP isn't the problem for me (or at least, not the biggest problem anyhow). I'm definitely not on the fence about it, I'll be sitting this one out entirely unless something really interesting is made public as the release date gets closer.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the direction of the game, not MoP for me.

It's pointless and time consuming with zero real rewards. I want to earn my raid slot and have fun leveling to it.

I may change my mind if they break away from the T10+ model, but free gear = subs for Blizz, I guess.

NOT.

It looks like they're doing a great job with the zones and monk class. I think they learned a lot about too few zones in cata and balancing a new class with DKs. I like Pandaren just fine but I wish they weren't playable. I know 1 faction would bitch if the other got it (and the faction that did get it would probably QQ about wanting something 'cooler' ), so I wish they'd just stayed a rep faction - the biggest one in the xpac, however. But, it is what it is, and I'll certainly roll one as a 'fucking-around' alt. But what really worries me is the talents. It's just too radically different. I preferred 71 point talent builds because while 90% of the talents were boring, it did allow for some cool hybrid builds and such. This whole specializaiton/talent thing is freakin' me out. I think blizz can pull it off and make it work, but I wouldn't be surprised to see yet another damned revamp in 2014 or whenever the following xpac comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    It's the direction of the game, not MoP for me.

It's pointless and time consuming with zero real rewards. I want to earn my raid slot and have fun leveling to it.

I may change my mind if they break away from the T10+ model, but free gear = subs for Blizz, I guess.

NOT.
    Well for everyone quitting due to free gear, they gain two subs.. so yea, it's a win for Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The overall theme of MoP isn't the problem for me (or at least, not the biggest problem anyhow). I'm definitely not on the fence about it, I'll be sitting this one out entirely unless something really interesting is made public as the release date gets closer.
    That makes no sense. It has to be the theme or else you would play it. It offers everything cata, wrath, and bc did plus extras. It is the theme, or could you please explain what it is.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2012-01-18 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emane View Post
    Well for everyone quitting due to free gear, they gain two subs.. so yea, it's a win for Blizzard.
    Someone needs to do a bit of fact-checking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Someone needs to do a bit of fact-checking.
    there are various reasons someone would quit, so he could be right even if subs drop.
    That being said we don't know for sure the reasons of the various people leaving
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

The majority of the people who complain how "MoP is for kids" or "Why don't we get an epic storyline with a reused old baddy as central character?" are kidding themselves and anyone else dumb enough to use it as a plausible reason as to why MoP /will/ be terribad; these people don't give a crap about the lore or how epic it will be, they only care about how easy valor farming will be, if the heroics will be like TBC difficulty, if the raids will be more like Ulduar, and if tanks will finally get a legendary. As long as they can hit level cap within a week of launch, collect their purps and then complain about how everyone else is getting epics, they will keep paying and keep playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to MoP General

It's not that I hate MOP, but I've been through all this before. "The next expansion will fix everything". I've heard it all before. And lets not forget how our "minds were blown" by the Elemental Invasion. And while we're on the subject of MOP, I hope the Beta will be conducted a little better than the last one.
    I mean, Cataclysm basically drove 2 million players away, how were no issues raised during Beta? Probably because every man and his dog was too busy data-mining for their website, taking screenshots for their blog or making videos hoping to become the next TB or Jesse Cox. How about we work to improve the game next time around?

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    Or did you want something not so much different?

I'm looking forward to the expansion as I did with all the others. However the theme of WoW really changed with this one.

We are (the people who been playing for years now) 4-5 plus, have had the same view of wow now.

Now to go and add in something complete different, it's kind of hard to deal with.

It's like we put in all this work just to get something that we didn't really want, but will still try it. I mean hell I'm open to the idea, but I was looking forward to something other then this.

Anyone else feel this way? Kinda on a teeter totter with MoP.
    I started in bc, so i went from outerspace to the frozen tundra then to the sea, middle of the earth, desert, highlands. Honestly it really isn't THAT big a leap all things considering.
    Video games and the female audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serix69 View Post
    Whats the difference?

Run heroics
    Raid

This Exactly.
    Plus the Content looks more childrish every Expansion...
    From Illidan... to Arthas...to Deathwing... to Pandas and Pokemon? ehm...

Might be a good concept for my 6 Year old cousin, but for a 36y old Adult like myself?
    This game requires a friggen Creditcard to play...its not some Indie Bundle Game.

I really wonder what Ghostcrawler is smoking, when he comes up with this Ideas.
    And i REALLY hope he gets fired for this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    The majority of the people who complain how "MoP is for kids" or "Why don't we get an epic storyline with a reused old baddy as central character?" are kidding themselves and anyone else dumb enough to use it as a plausible reason as to why MoP /will/ be terribad; these people don't give a crap about the lore or how epic it will be, they only care about how easy valor farming will be, if the heroics will be like TBC difficulty, if the raids will be more like Ulduar, and if tanks will finally get a legendary. As long as they can hit level cap within a week of launch, collect their purps and then complain about how everyone else is getting epics, they will keep paying and keep playing.
    Why would people play something they don´t like? Doesn´t make any sence in what you said!

If it's something different from what's in the game now, people will complain "it's not WoW!"
    If it's something similar to what's in the game now, people will complain "it's a rehash!"

Frankly, they had me at "Challenge Mode Dungeons"
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Hating is cool, yo. Haven't you heard? If you leap on WoW for trying to cater to more than the top 1% of players, calling it Hello Kitty baddie scrubland, girls will just swoon at your feet, you extra 1337 hardcore skill-nerd, you.

Quote Originally Posted by Serix69 View Post
    Whats the difference?

Run heroics
    Raid

Pet battle system.
    Dungeon challenges.
    Neutral race.

I don't see how your points are any different than every single other MMO out there either, but that isn't the discussion, you're ignoring new features which are not related to what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    This Exactly.
    Plus the Content looks more childrish every Expansion...
    From Illidan... to Arthas...to Deathwing... to Pandas and Pokemon? ehm...

Might be a good concept for my 6 Year old cousin, but for a 36y old Adult like myself?
    This game requires a friggen Creditcard to play...its not some Indie Bundle Game.

Ok first of all you're in the HUGE minority being 36 years old. Blizzard will never make any content specifically for you over young adults/ children, sorry but it's simple business. Second PLEASE explain to me how illidan, Arthas, or deathwing are childish at all in the least bit and especially how deathwing is more so than lk and lk more so than illidan. Third, pandarens are not childish at all- you making this statement obviously shows you know nothing about the lore or anything about them. They're a martial arts class that drinks beer, gets fucked up, and is one of the most old races on Azeroth who has never gotten involved in petty Azeroth wars/ politics and has been in wow lore for a long ass time( more than 7 years). Ghostcrawler had nothing to do with this btw, shows you don't know what you're talking about.

As far as pet battles go, you're not forced to do them at all and they're a very small side part of the game. People have been wanting something more to do with their pets for a while and blizzard listened, stop qqing. With regards to the whole "Pokemon" thing, have you ever played those games? I know it's personal opinion but I'm an adult and they're actually quite fun . You play world of Warcraft, one of the most nerdy, looked down upon, automatically dismissed games and your a 36 year old adult, I figured you wouldn't automatically judge other games and dismiss them like non wow players do to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    You seriously think that GC thought up and decided all on his own to do MoP? Really?

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post

BC was entirely different from vanilla in much the same way. Once you're there it won't take long to acclimate to it.