10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    For a moment I thought you said your name was Dell, until I noticed the text on the monitor is actually readable.
    Yeah... name's definitely not Dell :P
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Snapped a couple quick pics of my new fan controller and cooler (visible through the window in the second pic). I bought the cooler more for looks and price than anything. I tossed a weak OC on my processor and it handles it just fine. Plenty of room to bump it up if I ever feel the need.

The fan controller is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I have the manual settings set for low noise. When I'm gaming or doing something that requires more power, I just pop a few fans into PWM mode and I'm good to go. The extra noise doesn't bother me at this point, because I generally have music on. Also moved the front 120mm stock case fan up top next to the stock 200mm fan and put new 120mm intake fans in front and on the side.

Last edited by PJSand; 2012-01-17 at 07:22 PM.
    | AMD 1090T BE @ 3.6Ghz | XFX Radeon HD 6770 | Ultra ChillTec Black CPU cooler |
    | ASUS M4A88T-V EVO MB | Sunbeamtech Rheosmart 6 Fan Controller | Thermaltake Armor A60 Case |
    | eXtreme Power Plus 500W | 8GB DDR3 RAM - 1333Mhz | WD Caviar Blue 320GB |

Oh god. Cyanotical, are you sure you won't rather buy the NZXT Switch 810 case instead?!

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...-Review/1469/1

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh god. Cyanotical, are you sure you won't rather buy the NZXT Switch 810 case instead?!

http://www.8bitbrigade.com/images/sm...if-serious.jpg

Ok, it might be a decent case... but good god it is one ugly motherfucker (at least in white). But then again, what did i expect from NZXT...

* User was infracted for posting a meme-picture.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-01-17 at 08:55 PM.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    Etc
    Irony would be if you were rolling with a HAF X while making your claim. :P

Opinions are going to vary. I don't think the immediate outward appearance is exactly something to squeal and call home about, and I instead find it fairly plain, but featurewise it's looking really good.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

I kinda like the look of it in terms of design, it's far more square and smoother looking then the Cosmos II, however the odd angle lines look really out of place and getting rid of them would make it look like a really nice normal case. Also, the side panel lacking fans is a big deal for a lot of people unless you are going pure liquid cooling.

Edit: Drunkenvalley crits the internet for 500 million damage with his Anti 56k Wall of Photos post!
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-01-17 at 10:24 PM.

Honestly, not all cases can have that option if they're going to be especially water-cooling friendly and also offer good views. :P

10+ Year Old Account

Looks awesome from a feature standpoint, one of the best cases I've ever seen in that area, but the style and design needs some refinement

It still looks too much like a cheap utilitarian case, it could be the bad photos from that link, but it seems to be missing the clean monolithic design of the 800D and lian li cases, or the mature sci fi look that the cosmos has

As I said in my original post, I ordered some fan power splitters and cable extensions to aid me in tidying up my case. Welp, they came this afternoon and I just finished organizing everything, so I figured I'd post updates...

Here's the original pics, for reference.

And here it is now!

I'm not sure that the pictures do the change justice, but you can see in person that it was a pretty drastic improvement!

P.S. I remembered to flip my PSU around, I hope Marest is proud of me! =P

10+ Year Old Account

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/FX603.html

I need a better cooling pad though. I'm just too scared to spend money on one cause I'm tired of the fan breaking down and me losing the warranty taking it apart and fixing it.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Welp, they came this afternoon and I just finished organizing everything, so I figured I'd post updates...
    [...]
    Looking quite posh in there now.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said in my original post, I ordered some fan power splitters and cable extensions to aid me in tidying up my case. Welp, they came this afternoon and I just finished organizing everything, so I figured I'd post updates...

Here's the original pics, for reference.

I'm not sure that the pictures do the change justice, but you can see in person that it was a pretty drastic improvement!

Is that a tiny little 25mm fan I see on the VRM sink? Cute <3 hope it doesn't whine.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Blergh. Got coil whine or something else whining. Gonna have to do some small changes to test a bit. If it's the graphics card I'll return it, but if it's the motherboard I have to figure something out so I'm not without interwebs for long. -_-

Deleted
    Very proud! Looks a lot cleaner too in my opinion. Did you notice any change in load temperature on the lower card?

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Is that a tiny little 25mm fan I see on the VRM sink? Cute <3 hope it doesn't whine.
    Indeed it is, and indeed it does... This motherboard is, by far, the noisiest motherboard I've ever heard, and I think that little fan is the culprit, but I've been able to tolerate it so far. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Very proud! Looks a lot cleaner too in my opinion. Did you notice any change in load temperature on the lower card?
    I haven't actually tested it yet because I also reformatted last night, I was getting a Windows activation error after installing the new motherboard that would not go away. I thought I had fixed it after speaking with Microsoft on Monday afternoon, but then it started again last night, so I just did a fresh install; I'll be checking temps tonight.

Side note: It seems like my motherboard is treating the bottom card as the primary card. When I open up the NVIDIA control center and go to the SLI settings, it has the top card (i.e. the card my monitor is plugged into) labelled as "GTX 560 Ti (2)" and the bottom card (i.e. the card my monitor is not plugged into) labelled as "GTX 560 Ti (1)"... It doesn't seem to be making a difference, I was just curious on whether or not you guys have heard of this before?
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-01-18 at 01:20 PM.

Liking your new signature, Marest. Speaking of content though, I thought I'd do some tampering with the cable management. See if that fixed anything.

Well, it didn't, but still, took some pictures. Most of them sucked though.

10+ Year Old Account
    here is my follow up to my build now that it's done.
    recap:
    i5 2500k
    PNY GeForce GTX 560TI
    AS Rock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
    Zalman CNPA9700 Blue LED
    G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB 2x4
    Corsair TX650 V2
    CM HAF 922
    Crucial M4 128GB ssd
    WD Caviar Black 1TB

Last edited by Skesh; 2012-01-18 at 06:42 PM.
    Veridian Dynamics. Friendship. It's so important. But it's different at work. Time spent with friends at work robs your employer of opportunity. And robbing people is wrong. Veridian Dynamics. Friendship. It's the same as stealing.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skesh View Post

Hyper link the images to bigger versions. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Hyper link the images to bigger versions. :P
    Edited to larger thumbnail and added the link that will work after today when internet strike is over.
    Veridian Dynamics. Friendship. It's so important. But it's different at work. Time spent with friends at work robs your employer of opportunity. And robbing people is wrong. Veridian Dynamics. Friendship. It's the same as stealing.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your computer looks awesome. ^_^
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water