Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Guild Wars help.

Hey guys I play as a necromancer/monk on Guild Wars and my character is on the quest for Ascension but I have trouble stopping the ghost king from dying due to the Siege Worms killing him if I stay down there to clean out the mobs, or from the mobs that swarm down there if I try to reach the siege worms. Now I'm a bit of newbie when it comes to Guild Wars so need advice on this and another problem.

My character on Factions is a Ritualist/necromancer and I'm having trouble on the Vizunah Square mission...I tend to either die due to getting lost or the person from Ascalon not doing anything. What would I do to pass this mission?

I hope this is in the right section.

15+ Year Old Account
    You might get some help, but this is not the right section for that. This is for Guild Wars 2, a game that is not out yet. You want advice on Guild Wars 1, which doesn't have a dedicated subforum. You might get an answer, but this topic will most likely be moved or locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    You might get some help, but this is not the right section for that. This is for Guild Wars 2, a game that is not out yet. You want advice on Guild Wars 1, which doesn't have a dedicated subforum. You might get an answer, but this topic will most likely be moved or locked.
    This is the right place..

Every time someone makes a new GW1 thread in the general Video Game section it gets moved here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any heroes?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    This is the right place..

Every time someone makes a new GW1 thread in the general Video Game section it gets moved here.
    I don't think this is a good idea... Both games have only two things in common: "Guild" and "Wars" words in the title. I just think those games should not be connected because that hurts the image of GW2, I mean most people have very bad experiences with the first one and thus they giving GW2 a red card cause they think it's just GW1 with upgraded graphics.

So yeah.. if it is possible, topics regarding GW1 should not be moved here, they should be moved OUT of this section. Less people think that GW1 and GW2 have something in common = better.

Ummmm I really don't know what to say that could help you except you need to change builds? Send your companions in first. For the room that has mobs spawning in top and bottom floor of V-Square, set bottom with home flag and clear mobs on bottom then to top. If you are dying first and fast, maybe you should rethink your team comp and re-strategize.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    I don't think this is a good idea... Both games have only two things in common: "Guild" and "Wars" words in the title. I just think those games should not be connected because that hurts the image of GW2, I mean most people have very bad experiences with the first one and thus they giving GW2 a red card cause they think it's just GW1 with upgraded graphics.

So yeah.. if it is possible, topics regarding GW1 should not be moved here, they should be moved OUT of this section. Less people think that GW1 and GW2 have something in common = better.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Hey guys I play as a necromancer/monk on Guild Wars and my character is on the quest for Ascension but I have trouble stopping the ghost king from dying due to the Siege Worms killing him if I stay down there to clean out the mobs, or from the mobs that swarm down there if I try to reach the siege worms. Now I'm a bit of newbie when it comes to Guild Wars so need advice on this and another problem.
    I believe this is the Dunes of Despair mission, see if this helps any:
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dunes...pair_(mission)

You might need to split your party to keep the Ghostly Hero safe while you go do something else. This is done using the numbered flags under the map UI. (You can keybind those if you want.)

My character on Factions is a Ritualist/necromancer and I'm having trouble on the Vizunah Square mission...I tend to either die due to getting lost or the person from Ascalon not doing anything. What would I do to pass this mission?
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vizunah_square

The Ascalonian healer has an annoying tendency to prioritize minor healing over actually moving forward with the mission. If you're using minions, that's probably the holdup. (For GW1 newbies: minions slowly lose health over time.) Try another build if you can, or just run forward far enough to make him catch up. And of course, don't get lost.

Overall -- if you're trying to play through each campaign with a character native to that campaign... kudos to you, and good luck. But if you just want to see the content, or rack up points for the Hall of Monuments, I'd recommend starting with a Nightfall character. Nightfall gives you a ton of heroes so you can build a more powerful & flexible party. You can then travel to the other continents to do the other campaigns. (The first few missions can only be done on a native character, but you're already past that.)
    Last edited by Wyrmrider; 2012-01-20 at 06:08 AM.

Deleted
    Some missions can be pretty hard at times, yeah.

You can always add Ranger Farzo. I have only played the game for 1 year, still got some things to learn but I should be able to help you. Unfortunately, i'm on my way to school at the moment, but if you haven't done those by the time I get back online, I can help you, or with any missions in the future.

To be honest, I don't care if people think Guild Wars 2 have anything in common with Guild Wars except the name, it's their loss, one of the biggest loss they will ever make.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post

I totally agree as well..I was just explaining to the guy why it's pointless to tell the OP to move his topic. It will just get moved back here.

GW1 topics don't belong here but we can't do anything about it until the mods realize this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    GW1 topics don't belong here but we can't do anything about it until the mods realize this.
    If they're about farming HoM then they should be ok here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Agreed! Solely because I am. And I can't get a golem to do it for me.
    Yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    What annoys me the most is people making a new thread for every time they have a HoM question. There are at least 3 on the front page now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    What annoys me the most is people making a new thread for every time they have a HoM question. There are at least 3 on the front page now.
    /bump older threads?
    It is a bit unnecessary...HoM stuff is ok, but the...how do I get past this specific area of GW should be sent to gwwiki..
    I just googled hall of monuments...took me to that gwwiki page that's been linked many times. /shrug

Do you have any heroes available? And if you do, do you have any Necro heroes? If you do, make them minion masters and then you should be golden for that mission. Also, since that is a shared mission I usually have had better luck when it was an all npc team from the other side. I hate to say it but a lot of times the henchmen are better players than actual players.

Vizunah square has a minor bug where some of the npcs occasionally stop moving, as far as I know it is fairly uncommon and it shouldn't be a reoccuring problem.
    There is also a problem where a chest might spawn at the very start of the mission, if one of the npcs run over it, they will get stuck.

You are already ascended /weh no suh as you have already completed the quest "hunted!", what team are you running? It sounds like you're abit short on healing should be no problem at all keeping him alive. Add a monk or a ritualist extra and try running it again, you MAY have to micro one of the healers to focus on the king tho.

That said if you still need help, send me a IM on lunae lumen lux and I'll help you out.

hunted is the "ascension" quest for Nightfall no?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    hunted is the "ascension" quest for Nightfall no?
    Correct, and hunted! is far earlier in the questchain than Zazajin is, as such he is already ascended?

Quote Originally Posted by luedieniel View Post
    Correct, and hunted! is far earlier in the questchain than Zazajin is, as such he is already ascended?
    I thought he is playing the prophecies campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Do you have any heroes available? And if you do, do you have any Necro heroes? If you do, make them minion masters and then you should be golden for that mission. Also, since that is a shared mission I usually have had better luck when it was an all npc team from the other side. I hate to say it but a lot of times the henchmen are better players than actual players.
    I only have MOX as a hero. I have all the campaigns bar Eye of the North, but I only have one hero available.

I'm playing through all the campaigns, but my Prophecies character is the furthest through the story.

If you can find another player to help you with the prophecies mission, it will help immensely. When soloing I split my party but I have a full company of heroes.