15+ Year Old Account
    No ranked? Play whatever you want.

Try blitzcrank support. Heal/Flash, philo stone and HoG early. Obtain lane domination early and shut down their team w/ your AoE silence in team fights.

Hardy AP: try Gragas or Morgana

Jungle bruiser: Rammus, Lee Sin, Volibear, etc
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Vlad vs Karthus vs Malzahar.

Go!

Deleted
    Katarina or Nidalee ?

Deleted
    Nidalee by far, though she's relative hard to master.

Quote Originally Posted by Geist19 View Post

Go!
    Malzahar.

Vlad lacks any CC and after his nerf he hits like a wet noodle. He did get buffed slightly, but not enough to warrant using him over other AP carries. He is a decent 'half-tank' I suppose but still lacks significant damage or cc for that role.

Karthus is really just a one trick pony. He's wall is an amazing slow if you land it properly (Same targeting system as Anivia's wall) but other than that he really just has his Ult which is easily mitigated and most level 30's don't stick around with low health if they know a Karthus is up and at level 6. Karthus' Q is easily avoidable due to the delay and his AoE doesn't do much damage and ranged can just stay out of it's ranged. His passive is nice, but generally team fights go: Kill the Karthus, back away from him, karthus blows his health, enemy re-engages as a 4v5.

Malzahar, on the other hand, has a silence and a suppression. The silence uses the same targeting as Karthus' wall and has a delay, so is easily avoidable. The pool takes up a wide area of a lane and doesn't do all that much damage. His dot is nice for team fights if your team focus' carry due to its jumping. But really his usefulness comes down to his Ult, the suppression is very nice and allows you to completely negate their carry. However, you can't move during it so you are usually focused in team fights because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burton68Zeppelin View Post
    Malzahar.

Vlad lacks any CC and after his nerf he hits like a wet noodle. He did get buffed slightly, but not enough to warrant using him over other AP carries. He is a decent 'half-tank' I suppose but still lacks significant damage or cc for that role.

Karthus is really just a one trick pony. He's wall is an amazing slow if you land it properly (Same targeting system as Anivia's wall) but other than that he really just has his Ult which is easily mitigated and most level 30's don't stick around with low health if they know a Karthus is up and at level 6. Karthus' Q is easily avoidable due to the delay and his AoE doesn't do much damage and ranged can just stay out of it's ranged. His passive is nice, but generally team fights go: Kill the Karthus, back away from him, karthus blows his health, enemy re-engages as a 4v5.

Malzahar, on the other hand, has a silence and a suppression. The silence uses the same targeting as Karthus' wall and has a delay, so is easily avoidable. The pool takes up a wide area of a lane and doesn't do all that much damage. His dot is nice for team fights if your team focus' carry due to its jumping. But really his usefulness comes down to his Ult, the suppression is very nice and allows you to completely negate their carry. However, you can't move during it so you are usually focused in team fights because of it.
    THanks for the info, sadly I rarely see any of them so I haven't gotten to witness their play styles or anything much. I was watching some of the matches from IEM and noticed Karthus was banned almost every game so I figured there was something about him I was missing. The game I watched him play in he didn't seem all that impressive.

Vlad only had one game as well and he started rough but finished pretty strong especially in team fights it seemed.

No Malzahar picks so far...

Deleted
    Any suggestions for Dominion?

No really.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post

No really.
    Rammus, Vayne, Yi, Pantheon, GP
    I found those guys work very well on Dominion. (Never gone negative KD on dominion with Vayne, but I'm terrible on SR with Vayne)

Looking for a strong AP mid, one who can stay in lane for a long time and farm up very easily. AOE farming is necessary, so no LeBlanc (her W sucks early game). I already have Morgana. Definitely looking for someone who can also nuke down a single target as well as the AOE farming. Any suggestions?

I'm quite enjoying Ezreal in dominion. I don't think he's that great for roaming, but defending a spot goes really well and your ultimate makes you able to interrupt captures across the map, really funny to see someone lose 1/3rd of their health and then get killed by the turret cause they just didn't know what hit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post

Looking for a strong AP mid, one who can stay in lane for a long time and farm up very easily. AOE farming is necessary, so no LeBlanc (her W sucks early game). I already have Morgana. Definitely looking for someone who can also nuke down a single target as well as the AOE farming. Any suggestions?
    I was also wondering the same which is why I inquired about Vlad vs Malz vs Karthus. I also have Morgana but wanted someone else as well. Veigar can nuke pretty hard early but he is super squishy sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by malgru View Post
    rammus, vayne, yi, pantheon, gp
    i found those guys work very well on dominion. (never gone negative kd on dominion with vayne, but i'm terrible on sr with vayne)

looking for a strong ap mid, one who can stay in lane for a long time and farm up very easily. Aoe farming is necessary, so no leblanc (her w sucks early game). I already have morgana. Definitely looking for someone who can also nuke down a single target as well as the aoe farming. Any suggestions?
    cassiopeia. Kassadin. Kennen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist19 View Post

Go!
    I really do like playing Suicide Bomber Karthus. It allows me to stack up a ridiculous amount of AP, and it lets me farm ridiculously fast as well. This never works against an MR-heavy team, but it's really cute watching people stack MR to beat me, and then watching my team's AD carry beat the snot out of them.

Along with some CDR, I can have a big fat Karthus ult up and ready every 72 seconds. Meaning every time a teamfight happens, I will die on purpose to absorb the enemy's burst damage, and then laugh while they frantically try to get out of my AoE+Wall combo + Q spam + an impending, un-interruptable ultimate (which late game deals 1100 damage before resistances)

Not to mention the fact that they blew quite a few things to get me dead and gone, and now my remaining 4 team mates are all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and they want in on the fun.

---------- Post added 2012-01-21 at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrang View Post
    cassiopeia. Kassadin. Kennen.
    Kassadin is a HORRIBLE choice for solo-laning. He really requires a buddy in a lane to help him farm up some last hits. If Kassadin doesn't have at least a catalyst and normal boots by level 6, then he can't gank. If he has a bit more than this by level 6, he's on his way to being unstoppable. Kassadin can't do this by himself.

Cassi and Kennen are really solid choices, though. Malzahar can stay in a lane for forever as well, and Karthus is pretty hard to beat 1-on-1.

Vladimir has a lot of ramp-up time to his strength, but rushing a WotA and getting to level 9 ASAP makes him damn near impossible to hold a lane against. He's also really easy to play - yet fun, so I'd recommend him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    leblanc vs ahri
    Ahri. No contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post

No really.
    Gangplank. Riven. Poppy.

I found those guys work very well on Dominion. (Never gone negative KD on dominion with Vayne, but I'm terrible on SR with Vayne)

Brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Burton68Zeppelin View Post
    Malzahar.

malz: countered by 1 item, QSS. You also basically suppress yourself to do your most dmg on ONE target. Almost every top AP carry can do the same dmg to multiple targets; ie, gragas, cass, kennen, etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post

Kassadin is a HORRIBLE choice for solo-laning. He really requires a buddy in a lane to help him farm up some last hits. If Kassadin doesn't have at least a catalyst and normal boots by level 6, then he can't gank. If he has a bit more than this by level 6, he's on his way to being unstoppable. Kassadin can't do this by himself.
    Kassadin solos mid against AP carries... he can last hit fine and has good harass. The more the other AP tries to harass/farm with spells the faster kassadin can force pulse for either farming or harass. Boots & Catalyst aren't difficult to get. If you have any skill in last hitting it shouldn't be an issue at all. I don't see why unless you have those items ganking is impossible. It's more than possible with Kassadin.

Deleted

my first suggestion would be Gragas. His 'Q' can kill whole waves of creeps once past a cap which you reach quite early on, his health regen is decent (especially if you can get a blue buff to spam abilities) and he can burst people VERY quickly if you can land Q, R, E, Ignite and possibly a Lich Bane proc.

Second suggestion would be AP Sion. Fulfills all the criteria you set, has better AoE farming than Gragas but falls off late game if not fed.

Another would be Cassiopeia. I aren't a fan but she is strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'm still kind of new to LoL, don't have a ton of experience. I own Sivir, Warwick, Garen, Leona, Ryze, Annie, Poppy, Soraka, Nasus, Master Yi, and Kayle.
    Of those, I only really know Sivir, Leona, Garen, Ryze, Nasus, and Soraka.

I love bruisers and tanky champs. So, I'm looking for suggestions of either a bruiser jungle, maybe with some CC (I love Leona's stuns), or a hardy AP, since Jungle/AP are where my weaknesses are when forming a team.

I do not and probably will never play ranked, just play for fun with friends.

Thanksa ton for any suggestions. I'm kind of looking at Renekton right now, because he looks super fun, but he really doesn't fit my jungle niche, am I right?
    There are quite a few bruiser jungles. Udyr, Jarvan IV and Shyvana stick out. Also Trundle. Look at them all and see if any of those interest you. The strongest junglers there would be Udyr/Trundle.
    Last edited by mmoc74648e676e; 2012-01-22 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Brand.
    I have Brand. He's the squishiest champ ive ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post

Cassi and Kennen are really solid choices, though. Malzahar can stay in a lane for forever as well, and Karthus is pretty hard to beat 1-on-1.
    You are wrong. Kassadin is a good counter for any mid AP. he farms just fine, his mana is mostly fine even before blue (before level 6) because of his nether blade. his harrass is really strong, if you go close, void orb, you do damage AND silence them getting chance to go back before they harass you back, and you can slow them if they spam spells like karthus, he will kill himself with the spam. also reduced magic damage. His lvl 3-5 E clears minions waves like NP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's possible to solo a lane with Kassadin. It's also possible to jungle with Sona, but I prefer not to.

Kassadin just doesn't have the speed, defense or mana management (even with a point or two in Nether Blade) to have the staying power against more common choices in 1v1 lanes.

Also Lestrang, you seem to be extremely fond of telling me what Kassadin can do to survive, and really clueless on what they can do back to you.

Do you think that Ashe cares that you threw a Q at her?
    Do you think that Urgot cares at all that your E is charged up from his spamming?

They don't. Kassadin needs to be safe, alive and farmed in the early game. Give solo lanes to champions who can afford to take risks.