Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    They may not be basing their business model around grinds and treadmills, but that doesn't mean they're going for the opposite extreme.
    As noted in original post, this is indeed a conjecture (as in my hypothesis). However for your argument to be true it requires the "always playing" crowd to use cash store more then "casual players".

My personal experience (admittedly limited to my circle of friends and acquaintances) is that this is not so. In fact, those of us that played more tended to gather enough rewards from the game itself not to have to use the store, and many of the rewards back in my time, like more bank slots and unlock packs were targeted specifically at the casual crowd. The "hardcores" packed obsidian armor anyway and storage was mainly about ectos, shards and RP items. You learned to use your alts quite efficiently and could afford to easily trash everything else.

are you telling me hardcore players don't buy seperate character slots, bag space etc? Wow, you surely know different kind of people than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    are you telling me hardcore players don't buy seperate character slots, bag space etc? Wow, you surely know different kind of people than I do.
    Bag space, some may have bought even though most denied it. Character slots came with pre-orders, CEs (I recall getting at least one in NF alone), and then many of us had two accounts, totaling just enough slots to have one of every class + PvP slot across two accounts. Those who didn't usually didn't care much for PvE, meaning they had free slots for PvP character anyway.

There was far more buying of skills packs for second accounts to get PvP characters up to speed. I remember a LOT of that going during NF.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Bag space, some may have bought even though most denied it. Character slots came with pre-orders, CEs (I recall getting at least one in NF alone), and then many of us had two accounts, totaling just enough slots to have one of every class + PvP slot across two accounts. Those who didn't usually didn't care much for PvE, meaning they had free slots for PvP character anyway.

There was far more buying of skills packs for second accounts to get PvP characters up to speed. I remember a LOT of that going during NF.
    Buying a second account is equivelent to buying extra character slots and bank tabs in this case. Unless you are loaning out the account to other people to use the amount of time your loged on to both accounts and useing up bandwidth at the same time would be rare, mostly whenever you needed to transfer items. I sopose if your one of the rare few that can play 2 accounts at the same time without a significant skill impact it would be different but thats a fringe case. Those constantly playing people are still buying extra's that feed money to Anet, either from the in game store or physical boxes.

Who is John Galt?