Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    It never needed one because Guild Wars was integrated with wiki pages.

They already have an official Guild Wars 2 one, which probably will work like it did in the game

Press f10 to click on your quests to find details and walkthroughs, or type /wiki <item/quest/etc>
    So what do I press to get a list of axes between level 32 and 35?
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    You learn the game by playing it.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

Speaking for myself, I very much prefer the format of wowhead over a wiki. I tried playing GW1, and I did use the Guild Wars wiki, but it didn't seem nearly as approachable for a newbie like myself. You never know how much you rely on something until you're forced to live without it, and in this case, the lack of a wowhead-style resource for GW1 really irked me, and eventually I couldn't make myself play that game anymore. Call me shallow, but I've become spoiled by the sheer amount of data available for WoW. If I need a leveling build for nearly any class/spec, it's available through a variety of Google search results. If I want to find discussion on the optimal feral cat dps rotation, it's available through Elitist Jerks and other forums. If I want specific info on what the mats are to craft some bracers, and where/how to best farm those mats, wowhead is always there. If I want similar information for another MMO like Guild Wars, the resources just aren't there, or if they are, they're hard to find. This alone is what makes it hard for me to try other MMOs. And it is deeply concerning for me, because I am excited for GW2, and I really want to play it, but I don't want to experience the same lack of accessible information that kept me from enjoying GW1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    You learn the game by playing it.
    you keep personal spreadsheets recording the details of everything in the game and where it can be found? Good on you, but I'd rather not go through that.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

Deleted
    you keep personal spreadsheets recording the details of everything in the game and where it can be found? Good on you, but I'd rather not go through that.
    If GW2 sells good there'll be a "GW2head, guildhead" or whatever they name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Max Del View Post
    im sure someone has reserved guildhead already to preempt its launch.
    Far too late for that. I just checked and Zam network already purchased that domain name :P

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wowhead was a fantastic resource for all the years I played WoW. It had strategies for bosses, loot, quests, everything you needed. But that was WoW, and WoW had its own image and vision for what they wanted.

This is GW2. It promotes working together, interacting with other players, interacting with the world and DISCOVERING. I imagine ANet would want people to help others. If someone asks you where you got a certain piece of gear, tell them, help them out. There are endless possibilities in a game like GW2, and I hope people take the opportunities.

I see absolutely no harm in a website like Wowhead for GW2, but for me personally, I will try and discover things for myself. If I like someones armor, I"ll just ask them where they got it. I want to look at this game in a completely new way from any other MMO I've played. I don't ask for help on figuring out maps on Battlefield or Call of Duty, I learn through trial and error. Same with Skyrim; I don't want to know where certain unique pieces of armor are. I want to discover them myself.

Just my 2 cents!
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Far too late for that. I just checked and Zam network already purchased that domain name :P
    oh thank god!!! glad to hear that!
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

You don't, you search it.

There are no levels in guild wars considering all items are randomly generated requirements.

The graphic models of axes would be here:
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gallery_of_axes

If you wanted green items (highest quality)
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gallery_of_unique_axes

If you wanted a simple list of axes without the stats you look here:
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Axe

Or if you wanted a simple list of stats on the green axes you would look here:
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_...que_items#Axes

The Guild Wars wiki is very well written and moderated, it stores no advertisements and it is completely integrated in the game.

It is also very organized, I was able to see all of the skins of the axes and stats simply by typing axe and then going to related pages.

Guild Wars 2 will be no different, the wiki will function the same.
    Last edited by Deyadissa; 2012-01-23 at 03:00 AM.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Nothing against the wiki editors, but that doesn't come close to the searching, browsing, filtering, and sorting that a site like wowhead provides. It's not so much about containing the data, it's more about how that data can be presented.
    Agree.
    Site like wowhead makes it easier to find what you want.
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

Wiki is all you'll need to be honest. The GW1 wiki is full of all the information you'll ever need. The Guild Wars 2 guru and Guild Wars 2 Wiki are already up and running and I predict that it'll be just as good as GW1 wiki was.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 03:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    I found the GW1 wiki easier to route than WoWhead. Personally I don't think a WoWhead like site is needed.
    I agree, it's not. And I'm pretty sure the official GW2 wiki will be the "wowhead" of GW2.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 03:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pushkina View Post
    Agree.
    Site like wowhead makes it easier to find what you want.
    How? I've never had any problem using the GW1 wiki for anything I needed.. WoWhead (When I played WoW) sucked in my opinion. On the front Wiki Page for GW1 it has several sections where you can start OR you can use the search bar. WoWhead is, in my opinion, very sloppily presented compared to the GW1 wiki.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 03:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    You don't, you search it.

There are no levels in guild wars considering all items are randomly generated requirements.

The graphic models of axes would be here:
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gallery_of_axes

If you wanted green items (highest quality)
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gallery_of_unique_axes

If you wanted a simple list of axes without the stats you look here:
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Axe

Or if you wanted a simple list of stats on the green axes you would look here:
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_...que_items#Axes

The Guild Wars wiki is very well written and moderated, it stores no advertisements and it is completely integrated in the game.

It is also very organized, I was able to see all of the skins of the axes and stats simply by typing axe and then going to related pages.

Guild Wars 2 will be no different, the wiki will function the same.
    That. Very good, also you mentioned how it's integrated into the game which I can bet will be featured in GW2 as well. One of the Fkeys in GW1 will bring you to a list of popular topics and a search function that is directly connected to the official wiki.

So @OP. No. It doesn't need a Wowhead, it has the wiki, and I'm content with that, as are many others.
    Last edited by Mkalafut; 2012-01-23 at 03:35 AM.