Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not very many games honestly have a completely open beta. Don't see why this is such a big deal, as much as I want to be a part of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Open Beta is a oxymoron. What you end up with is a whole bunch of people demoing the game and not testing it. Which I think is why SWTOR was released in such a horrible state. I'd rather not be able to play the Beta, but it actually serves it's purpose and GW2 does not release with such obviously broken stuff.
    SW:TOR had no open beta. SW:TOR did it the same way as Guild Wars 2 is going to do it from the sounds of it. Although there's a chance they are doing it the same way as they did it with Guild Wars, which means if you preorder you get access. Also Open betas are NOT for bug fixing, they are for stress testing the servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Should ban all Asura.
    Should ban all Jedi who weren't working on their HoM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Should ban all Jedi who weren't working on their HoM.
    I wasn't a Jedi! Ha!

I will be working on it, once I download GW again though, when I can be bothered. HoM grind is so long and boring alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Also Open betas are NOT for bug fixing, they are for stress testing the servers.
    They've been actively doing that in double secret closed beta

Fine with me as long as I get my peace of cake. Singing up as soon as they make it available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Great, another beta I won't be invited to.
    *in a deep calm voice* Believe in it my son, and it will happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Not very many games honestly have a completely open beta. Don't see why this is such a big deal, as much as I want to be a part of it.
    Pretty much this.
    I didn't get invited to D3 beta either.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Deleted
    Well, we'll have to agree to disagree until we get confirmation on it from Anet. As I'm reading it differently to you.
    They've stated since we found out about the game that there will be an open beta. This will happen very close to launch and will be more of a demo than for tests. I don't see why they would change this. The person you quoted is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard_fatman View Post
    And if I remember the first GW was done this way.
    It did and I got into it at the Factions BETA, let's see what kind of selection they'll make.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    They've stated since we found out about the game that there will be an open beta. This will happen very close to launch and will be more of a demo than for tests. I don't see why they would change this. The person you quoted is right.
    I know that... Read what Martin says, the way he words it says to me and many others that there won't be an "open" beta, but instead the beta weekends. Just because they've said something doesn't mean they can't change it, nor did they define what an open beta would be to them.

I know that... Read what Martin says, the way he words it says to me and many others that there won't be an "open" beta, but instead the beta weekends. Just because they've said something doesn't mean they can't change it, nor did they define what an open beta would be to them.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kerstein
    Just purge the term "Open Beta" from your brain. We are not using that terminology as it is a wrong one for what we are doing (see my earlier posting).
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...79#post1070779

Deleted
    It should require 30/50 HoM
    Let me guess, you got that just last week did you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Let me guess, you got that just last week did you?
    Nope, 15/30

Nope, 15/30
    I only have 7. Just can't bring myself to grind the rest. I reeeaaaallly want the 30 point gloves though.

Should ban all Asura.
    You're so getting resurrection waypoint camped
    We've added ur name to our manifesto Have a pleasant day

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 02:00 PM ----------

Nope, 15/30
    Got to Lion's Arch today Think I'll jump over to factions now and come back to Prophecies when I've got me some heroes.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only way I would get my 30/50 HoM achieve was if someone held my hand through the whole thing. :P

Link your HoM and I'll check what you can get easily.

You guys should be happy you even have some points. I wanted to farm them with a friend, but really cant get myself to re-install GW and do it. The only stuff I would want to have are the Rainbow Jellyfish, White Raven Skin and Closer to the Stars title. Oh, well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    You guys should be happy you even have some points. I wanted to farm them with a friend, but really cant get myself to re-install GW and do it. The only stuff I would want to have are the Rainbow Jellyfish, White Raven Skin and Closer to the Stars title. Oh, well.
    I'm extremely happy with my 37/50, worked my butt off during my GW1 period. Silency working unto 40/50 so I can show-off my Flameseekers Title in GW2 =)