Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Darn, I really enjoyed going to Blizzcon for the first time last year. Though I suppose it makes sense. If D3 is expected to be out soon™, MOP is already in the works and SCII is already out with HotS coming in they have a huge amount of work to do and realistically not a lot of extras to announce. Most things to announce would be adjustments, balance fixes etc... which realistically don't warrant spending huge amounts of money to host an event over for both Blizzard and the fans. I know I'd rather wait for a more wholesome Blizzcon full of events and good announcements than go this year and be disappointed especially when it costs roughly $500-600.00 for flights from here + hotels.

Don't really care about MoP but if D3 and SC2 xpac being released this year they can skip blizzcon

I really am not surprised. Also, this is a big indication of how their financials call is going to be next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Heck View Post
    Maybe BioWare should have a SWTOR-con next year instead!!! :P

I thought Blizzcon was for/about the fans and not just to pimp the latest Blizzard product? Guess this puts that notion to rest.
    It is about the fans and for the games but would you really want to spend a bunch of money to go to an event and be disappointed because there's nothing really new to announce? Maybe it's not so expensive for some people who can drive it but having to fly in from Canada wasn't cheap.
    ~ Never switching off the boss to kill adds and blinking into defile; the story of Swizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul
    Never tell the truth if it's going to make you look bad. You tell them you are an officer in Paragon and that you are fluent in Finnish. Then you can say you are used to long grinds and doing whatever it takes to ensure a big finish.

Deleted
    Was fun watching the MoP announcement on a livestream, but oh well in the end I only care about WoW.

Meh when is gonna be the next WorldWide Invitational in Europe? >.

I think this only means that D3 and MoP will come out before October. So this would leave only HoTS to announce and we don't want another Blizzcon 2010, don't we?

Deleted
    Hoorai!!!! God thanks, finally they set their priorities in the right order.

Pretty sure this means to a June/July release for MoP… basically, MoP will already be out and in its first patch by the time Blizzcon would have hit, leaving little for Blizzard to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    In order for that to happen, they would already need to be in the late alpha stage at this moment. Then they would have to start the beta process no later than the middle of February. Unfortunately, I doubt they're that far into the development cycle.

Seriously, I'd be shocked and amazed if MoP releases before November. Hell, I'll be amazed if D3 releases before September.
    Actually, I am pretty sure that you will see the beta in February/Early March with a late June or July release. Its an expansion, not a new game like Diablo III or a total world revamp like Cataclysm, so there wont need be as much beta testing. And they probably either have a very small Friends and Family alpha or just an internal one going on right now. Look at how much was already shown at Blizzcon last year.

Blizzard have used BLizzcon to PR their games without delivering half of what they say. Im not surprised they are not doing it this year... since ppl have pretty much realised this now.

No blizzcon because blizz knows wow is a sinking ship. play on band, play on. GW2 and Diablo 3 cant come soon enough.

Deleted
    2013: Announce of Titan

horrible news! my life is over... only thing I am loooking forward to in life.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope this is not a sign as to where blizzard plans to pick up lost subscribers =( Either way, looking forward to them making up no blizzcon with some major game titles this year!!!! =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    No blizzcon because blizz knows wow is a sinking ship. play on band, play on. GW2 and Diablo 3 cant come soon enough.
    I'd rather stay on the ship to see if the hole from the iceberg can be fixed rather than climb onto some makeshift boat made out of wardrobes and tables 0o

2011 - The year about talking about product coming up
    2012 - The year of delivering product

I'd happily skip a Blizzcon for that.
    Gorbag - Elemental Shaman since Nov 2004
    Raider of Logic Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    When people say stuff like this is just blows my mind at how little they know about the MMO industry. How is WoW a sinking ship when it still has more subscribers than any other MMO on the market? Even if they lose another 8 million players this year they still won't be a sunken ship. Do you know how many MMOs out there have less than 1 million active players? Even the original everquest is still putting out expansions.

Good no more "What is geek" shit blizcon lol
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'd rather stay on the ship to see if the hole from the iceberg can be fixed rather than climb onto some makeshift boat made out of wardrobes and tables 0o
    Good luck! Me and this guy will be high and dry!