Poll: Will you buy Mass Effect 3 for PC?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    That would be true if EA wasn't also putting boxed product on store shelves via traditional retail distribution.

And that's entirely the problem. If you buy it from Gamestop or Target because you don't care for Origin... sorry, you can't even play the game (or return it!) without Origin installed. How shitty is that?
    When I got Cata from battle.net just before launch it was more expensive than boxed in a local store

And what store lets you return pc games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KidCracken View Post
    When I got Cata from battle.net just before launch it was more expensive than boxed in a local store

None now, due to heavy DRM like Steam & Ubisoft, The Steam DRM is alright, but you should be able to gain a refund of the game if you meet the minimum system requirements and it's not running it / It's very sluggish, the game simply isn't enjoyable for you (In this case it's games like Dead Island, Brink, RAGE etc.)

If you live in the UK then you are guaranteed refund of the game if you request it within 7 days.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    None now, due to heavy DRM like Steam & Ubisoft, The Steam DRM is alright, but you should be able to gain a refund of the game if you meet the minimum system requirements and it's not running it / It's very sluggish, the game simply isn't enjoyable for you (In this case it's games like Dead Island, Brink, RAGE etc.)

If you live in the UK then you are guaranteed refund of the game if you request it within 7 days.
    Crazy

In Denmark it's like if you break the plastic wrapping you cant return it. Been like that with CD's, DVD's and games since forever..

10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy

In Denmark it's like if you break the plastic wrapping you cant return it. Been like that with CD's, DVD's and games since forever..
    Tell me about it, same country XD

Do mind you do have a chance to get a game refunded on steam within 7 days, it's somewhere in the EU law about returns, let me search for it.

EDIT: Steam deleted the thread due to people starting to get refunds, money greedy bastards, but I found an old archive page.

So much for free speech in the US.
    Know that under current UK and EU law, you have the right to demand a refund from Valve.

From a recent post on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...fund_on_steam/
    And screenshot of successful refund: http://i.imgur.com/GJ7Qf.png

Corresponding EU law: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...7L0007:EN:HTML
    Known as the "Right to Cancel" in UK, or "Right of Withdrawal" in EU.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-01-25 at 07:55 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Tell me about it, same country XD

Do mind you do have a chance to get a game refunded on steam within 7 days, it's somewhere in the EU law about returns, let me search for it.

EDIT: Steam deleted the thread due to people starting to get refunds, money greedy bastards, but I found an old archive page.

So much for free speech in the US.
    Cool! Stuff like that is good to know

But I only buy games that I know I'll like, so it doesn't really matter to me
    Last edited by mmoce86c0896ae; 2012-01-25 at 08:43 PM.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

None of them do. Which was my point: you've bought something you can't use and can't return. You're screwed. That's fairly unique, as consumer products go.

Edit: Props to the UK for having decent consumer protection laws.
    Last edited by Profyrion; 2012-01-25 at 08:22 PM.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    I'm so going to buy it. Beaten ME1 and ME2 couple months ago, so I'm really excited about ME3. Origin is not a problem, I had Crysis 2 for ages there and I also got BF3 few weeks ago. Can't see what's the panic about, everything is cool.

I wonder If people are purposely trying to keep the results the name, lol.
    Anyways, yes I will buy ME3 for PC because I can no longer stand the bad graphics and the 30 fps lock on consoles. I'd rather deal with hell hole called "Origin" than to get a dumbed down experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't even planning on buying it.
    Never been a fan of the Mass Effect series personally, though thats just me.