Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I think Anet captured the personalities and attitudes of each race perfectly.

Asura are annoying little s***s, Charr are badass, humans are well humans....
    And Sylvari are like the weed: "hey, don't mind us! We're just walking around, doing our own thing".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    You tiny college is no match for my war machine!
    Your pitiful war machine is no match for my MEGA LASER™

15+ Year Old Account
    As much as I am looking forward to this game, crap like this is probably going to make me give up on mmorpgs completely. It seems cute now, but after years of crap just like this in wow I am almost to the point of walking away for good. This back and forth play hatred also reeks of the horde vs alliance crap as well. Please, for the love of the game and the community, tone it down guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all in good fun. I know personally I will be playing and roleplaying as all 5 races, and not all roleplay has to follow lore stereotypes. It's just a bit of fun banter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    As much as I am looking forward to this game, crap like this is probably going to make me give up on mmorpgs completely. It seems cute now, but after years of crap just like this in wow I am almost to the point of walking away for good. This back and forth play hatred also reeks of the horde vs alliance crap as well. Please, for the love of the game and the community, tone it down guys.
    But I haven't even had a chance to use my battlesuit yet

Deleted
    Awww party pooper.

Well guess it's back to playing in the sand pit guys...

Nope, cross realm competition

Wrathonia needs some catnip cookies mif Share the love.

And that's a small battlesuit! Can't wait until we see the siegesuits. That'll show these pesky charr what badass rly is

Deleted
    Don't take it so seriously.
    This is just some push-an'-pulling that's being done, something Arenanet themselves put in the game<insert Mif's animated asura here>. Just the same as people make fun of gnomes in WoW. I played on a small realm, but I never met anyone who drove it hardcore. It's just toying around. Not like people getting their kick out of ganking people of the opposite faction and all and go to the official forums to you know, proclaim their love for either faction.

And I never took the jokes to RP, just /gchat. Between adult persons that are jesting.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-01-25 at 11:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Don't take it so seriously.
    This is just some push-an'-pulling that's being done, something Arenanet themselves put in the game<insert Mif's animated asura here>. Just the same as people make fun of gnomes in WoW. I played on a small realm, but I never met anyone who drove it hardcore. It's just toying around. Nothing like people getting their kick out of ganking people of the opposite faction and all.
    When it reeks of wow faction taunting it is downright childish and I don't think anything positive will come from it. A jab here and there, but not the back and forth crap that is in this thread. If you want the game to be like that, fine, I will just stick with skyrim or other single player games since it seems that in a game where they are lauding you always want to see other players and people are hating on other races before the game launches shows that people really can't play nice, no matter what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Wrathonia needs some catnip cookies mif Share the love.

And that's a small battlesuit! Can't wait until we see the siegesuits. That'll show these pesky charr what badass rly is
    Mouse please!

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0...s_2_art.04.jpg

I think Wrathonia, you're taking this abit too seriously. It's only a game after all, it's there to have fun with and that's what we're doing really. The game may not yet be here, but we can still have fun around it.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2012-01-25 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just the same as people make fun of gnomes in WoW.
    That wasn't cool imo. Blizzard singled out a race to make fun of, which was basically a big fuck you to everyone that played it.

That's one thing I love about ArenaNet. They treat all races equally, and give every race an even share of "screen time".
    It's quite refreshing after years of Blizzards "For the Horde, we hate Gnomes, Thrall+Metzen=TL4E"

10 charr
    Well, everyone else seems to understand that it's entirely all in good fun...
    There's no offensive hating going on that I can see...it's not even juvenile taunting...
    ...seriously dude... o.0

This thread just may have convinced me to play an Asura.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrage View Post
    This thread just may have convinced me to play an Asura.
    Great!
    I'll PM you the declartion of war against Skritt to sign as well as our world domination manifesto.

p.s. not to be disseminated to bookahs.

Deleted
    When it reeks of wow faction taunting it is downright childish and I don't think anything positive will come from it. A jab here and there, but not the back and forth crap that is in this thread. If you want the game to be like that, fine, I will just stick with skyrim or other single player games since it seems that in a game where they are lauding you always want to see other players and people are hating on other races before the game launches shows that people really can't play nice, no matter what.
    I do play nice. I think that every time I made a joke about gnomes in WoW, I ended with j/k. The game is about banding together but that doesn't mean you can't have the occasional jab. While it's true that some people don't know where to put the line, I think I can safely say no one in this thread will go on a racist rampage ingame. It's just some jokes. You laugh, make a joke back or just leave it at that. As long as no one pushes it to hardcore, I really can't see the harm in it. This isn't hating. I do plan on rolling an asura myself, probably my third char to play with. So why would I play something I hate(fyi I didn't even participate in this entire asura-charr thing, I is innocent lettuce). Except that one rodent joke, I admit.

It's not like we're saying that everyone who rolls asura are kids(unlike in wow with alliance).

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 12:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    That wasn't cool imo. Blizzard singled out a race to make fun of, which was basically a big fuck you to everyone that played it.

That's one thing I love about ArenaNet. They treat all races equally, and give every race an even share of "screen time".
    It's quite refreshing after years of Blizzards "For the Horde, we hate Gnomes, Thrall+Metzen=TL4E"
    True enough, though you do forget blood elves. But yeh, gnome jokes did get boring after a while and could be offensive. I also never made them unless I knew the recipient could enjoy them.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-01-25 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    True enough, though you do forget blood elves
    Blood Elves jokes were a product of the community though, not Blizzard.
    Take "eating gnomes" jokes as an example of Blizzard's work. They didn't really take off in popularity until Wrath, and what was there in Wrath? A horde cooking trainer in Dalaran that constantly talked about cooking gnomes.

I hope ArenaNet realise the huge effect small details can have on the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Sylvari and the Brain
    Sylvari and the Brain
    One is a salad, the other's insane

Mif... if i role a sylvari can i be your salad side kick lol?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Mif... if i role a sylvari can i be your salad side kick lol?
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    1. Lure Charr in to the woods with catnip.

2. Surprice and smash Charr with the golem you hid behind that big tree over there.

3. ???

4. Charr trophy head now hanging above the mantelpiece.
    Thats not how you catch a wild tiger. images.ucomics.com/images/amuniversal/press_release/first_calvin.gif

Not gonna play charr unless I can get the name Hobbes.