Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't get why every expansion for WoW people emphasize black friday so heavily. Blizzard could release a game anytime they want and it will sell. You know why? Because WoW expansions are required to progress in this game. People will buy it whenever it comes out so they can stay in the current content and not fall behind. Blizz doesn't need to push expansions out on black friday like standalone games because their products user base needs the game. For instance, i can go back to CoD 4 and still find plenty of people playing. How many guilds are JUST raiding BC content like it is progression?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't blame Blizzard for cancelling blizzcon this year after how bad 2010's blizzcon was (when they had literally nothing new to announce). 2011 rocked, but 2012 would suck again.

I personally don't see why we need a blizzcon every year anyway. I mean they would have to put in a lot of time into coordinating and thats time they could concentrate on the actual games themselves. They gain money from blizzcon i presume from the tickets and online streaming and advertisers but they lose in the end because it will take them that much longer to release the game and waste more money. Unless blizzcon is filled with delicious new game insights they shouldn't waste everyones time and money.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 10:15 AM ----------

Maybe they will announce the WOW MOVIE in 2013. That would make me very happy and even happier if they did it like the wow trailers instead of live action.

It is just as well they learned that there really is nothing to say after the blizz-con they reveal the x-pac

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    So much this.

Coincidence that it's korean/asian with them releasing MoP?

Blizzard are SO trying to hit the eastern market.
    I said this and people thought i was an idiot.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthawk45 View Post
    kind of gutted its in asia tho and not US but meh
    INB4 people saying that it backs up the conspiracy of Blizzard moving to a Asian audience
    how do you know it will be in "asia" They would bring huge overhead cost to blizzard compared to having it is California.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3, SC expansion, WOW expansion all being released this year .... too busy to attend Blizzcon myself so I email Blizzard and they postponed it. Sorry ...

Lots of people are saying all 3 titles will be released this year. I guarantee that will not happen. Blizzard stated somewhere they planned to release 2 titles this year. We will definately get D3 but i think MOP will be pushed back til early 2013 and sc2 around Q3 2013. If they released all 3 this year there will be none next year which = bad for shareholders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Since the start Blizzard was always working on 3-4 working titles\major features, and they missed 1 year in the past 8 years. So yea, there's more up then "we're busy!".
    Yeah, the three titles would already be out by the time of Blizzcon. That's the difference. But go ahead with your conspiracy thinking. What's worse a show which has nothing to show or no show?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpedpope View Post
    I said this and people thought i was an idiot.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 12:51 AM ----------

how do you know it will be in "asia" They would bring huge overhead cost to blizzard compared to having it is California.
    aside from them saying it will be in asia (china i think) no reason to think thats where it will be

Quote Originally Posted by pimpedpope View Post

Not if they force prisoners to set up for pandacon and make them make the food.

I mean, they force prisoners to play WoW. Might as well make them set up the stage too.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

TBH, i think its cause the lack of content, No new expansions are going to be made soon for either 3 games

Sort of like the year that we heard about Cata even though everyone knew about it and it had already been announced. They are pushing the Asian market clear and simple, bowing to our Communist Overlords early on. I imagine there will be no esport people that are not from Asia there, that aren't paid to be there. Not all that many folks looking to rush off to China for a vacation anytime soon.

Yea, couldn't care less about sports, let alone esports. I wanted Titan news... Oh well, it's nice to see they aren't doing it just to do it and make money. Surprising actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahah yeah I figured as much. Blizzcons with nothing to announce have been pathetic. Guess this means we won't be seeing Titan until 2015 at the earliest now. 2013 it's announced and goes into beta in late 2014 etc. If it takes Blizz 5 years to make D3, it's not hard to imagine it will take them a decade to make Titan so maybe we won't actually see it until 2018 rofl

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Yeah, the three titles would already be out by the time of Blizzcon. That's the difference. But go ahead with your conspiracy thinking. What's worse a show which has nothing to show or no show?
    Yah, cause people are going to continue playing WoW with no new progression content for an entire year.

herp derp...

some people really REALLY need to think before posting.

They weren't going to announce Titan. Therefore, IDC there is no Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canbie View Post
    Yea, couldn't care less about sports, let alone esports. I wanted Titan news... Oh well, it's nice to see they aren't doing it just to do it and make money. Surprising actually.
    I half-agree with your post. I'm not a (e-)sports person either, but last I heard, Blizzard didn't make much money off of the convention itself. (Insert obligatory "I could be wrong" disclaimer.)
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    I guess they are too busy with pandas and pokemons

They really must be working on those 3 games for this thing to happen'.

but the world is ending in dec 2012 and i wanted to go to blizzcon this year because i never went to one, what am i gonna do?