Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well the mobs do dodge, swap weapons, and kite so it's not like you are going to play whack a mole there.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well the mobs do dodge, swap weapons, and kite so it's not like you are going to play whack a mole there.
    How is "dodging a telegraphed attack" not "reacting on environmental input to dynamically adjust rotation"?

I recall hitting AMS and going to sit in the fire for extra runic power in WotLK. It was the part of rotation on applicable encounters.

Looks very good, I hope that this is the wake up call Blizzard needs but the reality is this most likely going replace WOW for me.

@Lucky: thanks for your response, I think you misunderstood my argument, "statical" for me wasn't applied on the rotation but on the movement of the character. In other mmos I didn't move a lot while in combat because it made no difference. The attacks would still hit me. I pointed this out in my post about "incoming attacks". It's not my intention to build up too much hype... I still believe that my posts are based on the facts we got from Anet...

thanks for your reply, maybe others understood it the way you did, so I was able to clarify my statement.

@Fencers: really don't know what to say... I find it hard to point out the innovation without stating my experience on other mmos. The fact that recent mmos lose good raidcontent with each new expansion was something, I felt, I had to make in order to clarify why it will be different with GW2. Thanks for your reply!

Deleted
    I don't see what's so different? It seems like any mmo with Asian style.

THAT is what everyone is super-hyped about? LOL, it looks horrible. Character animations don't match up with the ground underneath, just like GW1. Game just looks bad.

Prepare to be disappointed again. At least this one has no monthly fee.

Please post constructively. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-01-27 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    What is an asian style? I find wow to be more asian than gw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    THAT is what everyone is super-hyped about? LOL, it looks horrible. Character animations don't match up with the ground underneath, just like GW1. Game just looks bad.
    lolwut?

Have you ever played WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    What is an asian style? I find wow to be more asian than gw.
    Asian as in movements and all that Enviroment is not Asian, just the characters, not that they look like they're asian, just the model type, etc.

And from what I could see from other videos as how dungeons look, it just looks the same as other mmos really. I hope they're not, but am 99% certain they are.

Well ok, I'm still unsure what an asian style is. Not just from your comment but I hear this, not just for gw but for many games, a lot about different styles. However, nobody has ever come out to say what that style is.

I mean in art you can distinguish between impressionism, surrealism, cubism, pop art, well you get the idea. But what distinguish's asian art from western art and how does that apply in a video game?

This is gonna turn out like the "how could you not be hyped about gw2" thread disaster.

Deleted
    Well ok, I'm still unsure what an asian style is. Not just from your comment but I hear this, not just for gw but for many games, a lot about different styles. However, nobody has ever come out to say what that style is.

I mean in art you can distinguish between impressionism, surrealism, cubism, pop art, well you get the idea. But what distinguish's asian art from western art and how does that apply in a video game?
    Go look at how Gears of War looks then look how Final Fantasy looks. I don't mean and want to go into some insane debate, but just saying that to me it looks like it, I didn't say it's bad, just that it looks like that to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because it was the Korean demo and they gave players higher level armor to appeal to them?

Go look at how Gears of War looks then look how Final Fantasy looks. I don't mean and want to go into some insane debate, but just saying that to me it looks like it, I didn't say it's bad, just that it looks like that to me.
    no worries, it's just a pet peeve of mine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Maybe because it was the Korean demo and they gave players higher level armor to appeal to them?
    Could be because it's a a woman with long legs and all sexy, I don't know Damn, I say something and you all flame my ass.

Could be because it's a a woman with long legs and all sexy, I don't know Damn, I say something and you all flame my ass.
    We are a bit touchy sometimes

Edit: What Blznsmri below said as well, we just get tired of hearing it (and a lot of times it's in a derogatory manner)
    Last edited by Valeron; 2012-01-27 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to say something like that, you'll have to back it up. If you can understand, we've had people who've been saying this since the original "The One Thread" opened up. For some of us (myself included) patience is starting to wear thin.

Like I've said before I will definitely be giving GW2 a shot ... Mainly because the B2P model make it extremely enticing .. If it was a subscription based MMO I would NOT be buying since I'm already got my hands full with SWTOR/WoW and will more then likely still be playing those by the time GW2 gets released.

However I hope I'm wrong when I say this .. And it's one thing that's always given me a strange vibe from GW2 and that is the combat looks EXTREMELY "Asian Style" ... I'm sure it's a system that I could get into once I give it a try .. But I just don't really like the look of these Asian Style combat systems; Tera and Aion are probably the biggest examples I can think of off the top of my head ... The combat doesn't interest me in the slightest because of this whole BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM Numbers flying everywhere type Asian Style combat that they have.

I'm more interested in the Adventure that GW2 looks like it's going to have attached to it with Dynamic events and lots of World Events ect .. And whilst this whole "Skill required to Dodge Attacks/Spells" Interests me a whole lot, the crazy hyper-active Asian Style combat is still a little unnerving, and I do hope it either works in a way that I can get into over time and enjoy or is completely not what I'm expecting and ends up being awesome off the bat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers flying every where you say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    "Asian Style"
    Do you realise that GW2 is made by a company based in Seattle?