Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So, what's with the VIP pass?

Hi everyone

I'm curious as to what the VIP pass is all about... I've youtubed & googled it, and it looks like a major let down. One vendor, who sells a mount for 1.5 mil credits? Yikes. That's more than the VIP pass itself.

My friend got it, and he swears there is something that is "totally worth it" but he won't tell me. I'm pretty sure he's just trying to get me to drop the million credits (which is all of my money). So, is there actually something that makes it worth it?

Thanks for any help

There's a vendor up there thats only accessible if you have the pass (not the CE vendor.) He sells a 1.5 million credit speeder.
    Yub Yub

It's a little round cantina with a band in the middle and a few couches you can't sit on and NPCs you can't talk to. Nothing special. I bought the pass just because I wanted to see it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by anewok View Post
    There's a vendor up there thats only accessible if you have the pass (not the CE vendor.) He sells a 1.5 million credit speeder.
    Haha, that's exactly what I said in my original post... Did you read it? =P

I'm asking if there's anything BESIDES the vendor/band. My friend swears there is something else that a lot of people don't know about, but he won't tell me what it is. I'm convinced he's just trying to get me to waste all of my money, but I'd love to hear some kind of confirmation from someone who knows more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhmm... you can change the music that plays in The Fleet up there... that's something else to do.

Your friend is a liar. There's nothing in the vendor besides that speeder. The VIP thing is supposed to be expanded upon, but as of now, it is a letdown (as was the entire Digital Deluxe package).

Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Your friend is a liar. There's nothing in the vendor besides that speeder. The VIP thing is supposed to be expanded upon, but as of now, it is a letdown (as was the entire Digital Deluxe package).
    Aye, really disappointed that I got the digital deluxe. Oh well.

The security key vendor has a ton more goodies than the VIP one does.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The security key vendor has a ton more goodies than the VIP one does.
    Oh yeah, the security key vendors are sweet, if for no other reason than the 1hr fleet passes.
    Yub Yub

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Republic side the Night at the Roxbury parody guys are there. :P

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Well, Republic side the Night at the Roxbury parody guys are there. :P
    Empire side has them on Hutta for free ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anewok View Post
    Oh yeah, the security key vendors are sweet, if for no other reason than the 1hr fleet passes.
    WHATXWHAT WHAT ??
    omw to anywhere accepting my money for a security key

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    WHATXWHAT WHAT ??
    omw to anywhere accepting my money for a security key
    If you have an Android or iOS device just download the free app and link it to your account. Same results without forking over an additonal $4.99 (US price).
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Ahhh, okay. Thanks guys. Looks like I won't be purchasing it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Digital Delux was fine. It gets you a free speeder for all characters until the game dies.

I thought it was just so you could go up in Carrick and Forcequake the entire station for 2-3 hours.

Maybe that's just the impression I get from idiots doing this every night on Pot5.

Deleted
    It's an empty bar nobody uses

I was actually told ( or read somewhere ) that the mount only costed 150k. Imagine my disappointment yesterday when I realised I'd need to farm more to get the mount! Not far off it now thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    If you have an Android or iOS device just download the free app and link it to your account. Same results without forking over an additonal $4.99 (US price).
    Can you remove the security key after getting it for your account (without talking to customer support, especially via calls, not an option for me)? Any clue as to what's the process like?

Also, once you buy that stuff, does it go away if you remove the key?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrachara View Post
    Can you remove the security key after getting it for your account (without talking to customer support, especially via calls, not an option for me)? Any clue as to what's the process like?

Also, once you buy that stuff, does it go away if you remove the key?

You have to call them. It took me like 5 minutes to do. The passes go away once the key is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    You have to call them. It took me like 5 minutes to do. The passes go away once the key is removed.
    Yeah thought so, no thanks, international calls aren't cheap and I have bad enough experience with EA's customer service not to want to get myself into that mess.

Cheers for the info though