Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Christian group (FRC) vs SWTOR

~The Family Research Council (FRC) is a Christian group and lobbying organization...

Do you think this kind of stuff will have any impact on the company or game considering the size of their audience and followers?
    Last edited by Lefuu; 2012-01-28 at 11:07 PM.

Not only am I ashamed for fellow members of my religion, I am just... dumbfounded here. These people are just... just "ugh."

No, though. They won't have a noticeable impact.

Most gamers won't give a crap about a religious group's opinions on the game.

Not to mention these guys are kind of late to the game. KOTOR had a small scene that hinted at a lesbian relationship, but Jade Empire went full boar with not just lesbians but a threesome ending as well! And those game swere made years ago.

Crazy people are so crazy.

Not sure if that guy is that ignorant, or just trolling us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    Came across this jewel a moment ago...

~The Family Research Council (FRC) is a Christian group and lobbying organization...

I found it hilarious but do you think this kind of stuff will have any kind of impact on the game or company considering their audience and followers?
    LoL I'm going to get a gay companion just to spite this guy. LuLz.

I highly doubt it will, the religious types like to say "ban x game because it has y content" on a regular basis and it doesn't seem to change much, so I doubt this will either.

You have fun with that, Tony Perkins.

Deleted
    Same sex relationships aren't even in yet. Silly extremists.

Ever wonder what is wrong with America? This is a prime example. Yes, I am an American and I shake my head at this.

Deleted
    its 2012! not 1912... So please grow a bone and accept that if god exist, he dosnt give a living shit of if you love a man or a women -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    Ever wonder what is wrong with America? This is a prime example. Yes, I am an American and I shake my head at this.
    Really? Because I feel it's a beauty that people can have opinions like this even if it's considered incorrect by the majority of the population.

Ah religious extremists y u so craz--- oh wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

was about to say, i didnt know they had same sex relationships in...

Deleted
    What I find funny is that he looks super gay himself.... Anyway, OT: fanatic religious bigotts probably aren't a big target audience of the game anyway, so it's not going to affect the game in any way, unless the story catches on in the HBT community, in which case it might be a small boon for it.

Also, I want to give cudos to bioware for being willing to allow relationships of all sorts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andyrockin123 View Post
    Not sure if that guy is that ignorant, or just trolling us.

I direct you to this interesting article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
    When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table...

Wait, they added same sex relationships in games already? Damn time to get down with jaesa.

Deleted
    Oh religion, i see you're on my internets again.

Deleted
    Fucking pathetic really, that's all i have to say.

Deleted
    Yesterday it was World of Warcraft, because it had such "obvious" satanic symbols in it.
    Today it is Star Wars, because it encourages homo sexuality.
    Tomorrow they will want both games mentioned above banned, because it encourages cross dressing.

This Tony Perkins dude is just a guy using a highly popular form of media to bring his own "hate group" (as described in the article posted by the OP) into the spotlight. He's using the Star Wars game to draw attention to his own little circle of followers. More people will join his circle = more people pay him for whatever reason (subscriptions, merchandise, donations) = more money in the pockets of Tony Perkins.

Granted, I am religious too, but I'm neither blind nor stupid.
    Neither have I got anything against homo sexuality and all the while, I've been playing WoW for a very long time without ever fearing of going to hell.

Tony Perkins is just leeching. Nothing more, nothing less.