What is the point of bonus quests at max level?

at lower levels they give you a nice XP boost, is there any point at all in doing them at max level?

bonus quests?
    all quests completed at max level grants gold instead of experience

10+ Year Old Account
    well some of them are staged and end up with rewards like a real quest and else its just extra legacy xp

10+ Year Old Account
    plus theres the bazillion achievements that go with questing

normal quests do, but the bonus quests don't give a quest completed popup and there's no mention of receiving credits

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    bonus quests?
    all quests completed at max level grants gold instead of experience
    Since you missed it... This is the Old Republic Forums, not the WoW Forums.

With that being said, I'm honestly not sure if they're worth it at 50, I kind of doubt that they are though. I don't have a 50 myself just yet (will by the end of the week... if time allows ><) but I would imagine that staged bonus quests are worth doing at 50 as they usually offer some kind of reward at the end.
    "Honesty is a talent, and truth is a cure for ignorance." ~ Unknown
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~ Adam (Mythbuster) Savage
    "Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." ~ Bill Watterson
    "Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path." ~ Hero's Spirit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    normal quests do, but the bonus quests don't give a quest completed popup and there's no mention of receiving credits
    i said the ones with stages. like poisonous strategy on ilum(as empire) but yea most just grant legacy xp and if you keep an eye on your chat box they might also yield credits (i kknow the space bonus missions do)

The bonus quests give w/e amount of Legacy Experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    They give legacy XP. I do them if i have time and am not going out of my way when doing dailies. While we don't know for sure what legacy levels will do we know they will not reset so procure what levels you can get.

Credits, Legacy XP, drops to potentially sell on the GTN, skill ups for crew skills if not max'd and applicable or giving mats, etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, bonus missions in Flashpoint hardmodes give access to the bonus bosses which drop very useful upgrades, depending on your gear level of course.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    at lower levels they give you a nice XP boost, is there any point at all in doing them at max level?
    the Belsavis Bonus Series leads to a whole bunch of dailie quests, with 2 H4 and one H2 ...

At max level talking:
    Bonus Quest - XXX: <--- Boring, just Legacy XP Bonus
    Bonus Quest - XXX - Stage 1: <--- always do these, they lead to extra Rewards

All "outside world" multi-stage-bonus quests are one-time only though, which is a bid sad.
    (especially because those obnoxious xp-only bonus quests keep popping back up every time you do the daily quests -.-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    At max level talking:
    Bonus Quest - XXX: <--- Boring, just Legacy XP Bonus
    Bonus Quest - XXX - Stage 1: <--- always do these, they lead to extra Rewards

All "outside world" multi-stage-bonus quests are one-time only though, which is a bid sad.
    (especially because those obnoxious xp-only bonus quests keep popping back up every time you do the daily quests -.-)
    Yeah, this.

And to those that posted, yes, the bonus quests during space missions give you credits when you complete them because that is considered a "daily quest". You also get a larger than normal bonus for completing said objective and while you can continue to get the bonuses every single run, you'll only get credits and the larger XP bonus once per day.

i.e. Blowing up a capital bridge/communications array will net you 2970 XP and credits one per mission per day, but you also get the normal 500 XP for doing so. If you run the same mission again you'll only get the 500 XP until the day rolls over. I think if you do all missions in a day for two days you'll get around 225K credits (if you get all bonuses) as well as enough commendations to buy an artifact box.

It gets as monotonous as normal daily quests, but it's another decent source of income if you're patient/like the minigame.
    Last edited by Viertel; 2012-01-30 at 02:46 AM.

Next time you do a bonus mission, take a look at your log, you'll notice that you receive a lump sum of credits upon completion.

As posted you do still get credits.

Now, I think that when questing at max level, you should get bonus credits since you are no longer getting exp, might give me a reason to leave the fleet once I finish my class story (invariably I have skipped parts of some planets due to overlevelling, bonus series etc didn't even get a look in while I was levelling)

Quote Originally Posted by roberto429n View Post
    Next time you do a bonus mission, take a look at your log, you'll notice that you receive a lump sum of credits upon completion.
    At level 50 most normal bonus missions don't have a credit reward, only xp/legacy. At least according to my log.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by roberto429n View Post
    Bonus quests outside in the world do not give lump sum credits: look again.

Space mission bonuses? Yes, once per mission per day.

Outside in the world? No, only actually turning in a quest nets credits.

EDIT: If someone can prove you do I'll be happy, but I specifically looked for this while going from 31 > 35 with my roommate on Bounty Hunter today doing all bonuses (leveling) as well as finishing our Ilum questchain and Belsavis bonus series at 50 on Sith Jugg/Sorcerer (endgame questing). Not a single bonus series gives credits (until, as noted, at the very end when you turn in to the NPC or the mission terminal).
    Last edited by Viertel; 2012-01-30 at 09:56 AM.