Thread: Rogues

Page 1 of 38
... LastLast
    Deleted

Rogues

So when do rogues get balanced? I think pretty much everyone (high or low rated) will agree that rogues are insanely overpowered at the moment. Before 4.3 they were good, but not really OP. THey have the utility (stuns, slows) and they have the survivability (cloak, vanish) and since 4.3 they also have insane damage. This all has to do with the extra agility bonus they get from mastery (passive ability called Sinister Calling) and it needs to be tuned down. Even rogues who aren't that good can beat a skilled player. And at the moment rogues have NO COUNTER at all, as opposed to any other class. Maybe blood DK, but let's not start about those.

What have other people to say about rogues and their state at the moment?
    Last edited by mmoc91ede30817; 2012-02-01 at 05:00 AM.

Just team up with a DK and you'll be fine.

No, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a warlock. I think you are a rogue's #1 target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Findinnan View Post
    You're a warlock. I think you are a rogue's #1 target.
    True ^^, out of 5+ people they always come for me. But any other class I or any of my friends play have issues with rogues.

Wow... as a person who is playing a rogue currently in PvE and PvP, I have to say.... "wut? o_o"

I must really, really, REALLY fucking blow on my rogue, then.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Wow... as a person who is playing a rogue currently in PvE and PvP, I have to say.... "wut? o_o"

I must really, really, REALLY fucking blow on my rogue, then.
    Stick to pve my friend becauuse if you pve so assume you have daggers or atleast vial and you are not pwning out of control yyou really truly "blow". That bad.

That said, this thread is like a million other threads already. Rogues are ridiculous close thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well now that the whole "vial nerf will fix it" thing is proving out not to be true, you'd think Blizzard would go about nerfing rogues, but really I give it the same chances as them buffing warriors, which is about 0.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    and since 4.3 they also have insane damage. This all has to do with the extra agility bonus they get from mastery and it needs to be tuned down.
    It would also help if you understand how the spec and class works. Mastery in Subtetly just increases the damage done by finishing moves.

"We know you pay your $15 a month. But the rest of the raids $375 wants you to get out of fire." - Haxzorr

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We rogues deserve a day in the sun since our Warglaive days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raediance View Post
    We rogues deserve a day in the sun since our Warglaive days.
    Yeah being the 2nd best arena class every season is tiring I bet.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Probably in MoP.

They're insanely strong and anyone disagreeing is wrong, but it's due to pve gear, not their mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neipsy View Post
    It would also help if you understand how the spec and class works. Mastery in Subtetly just increases the damage done by finishing moves.
    Looks like a rogue who doesn't know his class so well then.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=31220

Passive 'mastery' bonus you get when you choose sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zaheer12a, I think you're terminology is a bit off. Yes subtly rogues do have sinister calling, but it's not a mastery.
    Subtly rogue's mastery is called Executioner. Neipsy was correct. According to the tooltip It "Increases the damage done by your finishing moves, and the effectiveness of your Slice and Dice, by 0%. Each point of Mastery increases damage by an additional 2.5%.".

I would connect the link, but have not earned the right to yet, as I haven't posted much.

Look up subtly's talent calculator thru mmo-champion, look at subtly, find the word mastery, and look at the word directly to the right of Mastery: and then come back, and tell me I'm wrong.

Deleted
    To answer the OP question : Yes Sub rogues are pretty much OP. We can't lose duels unless we fuck up or get fucked by lag. And the only hard counter to a rogue is another rogue. Blood dk's are way too easy to kite.

What makes us OP? Find weakness. Simple as that. Without that debuff are damage would be decent at best. As soon as you got the debuff on you you can expect to take a lot of damage.
    Last edited by mmoc2f969659aa; 2012-02-01 at 06:03 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HnB View Post
    To answer the OP question : Yes Sub rogues are pretty much OP. We can't lose duels unless we fuck up or get fucked by lag. And the only hard counter to a rogue is another rogue. Blood dk's are way too easy to kite.

What makes us OP? Expose armor. Simple as that. Without that debuff are damage would be decent at best. As soon as you got the debuff on you you can expect to take a lot of damage.
    Ahem let me correct that -

Find weakness

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Ahem let me correct that -

Find weakness
    Thank you :]

Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    So when do rogues get balanced? I think pretty much everyone (high or low rated) will agree that rogues are insanely overpowered at the moment. Before 4.3 they were good, but not really OP. THey have the utility (stuns, slows) and they have the survivability (cloak, vanish) and since 4.3 they also have insane damage. This all has to do with the extra agility bonus they get from mastery (passive ability called Sinister Calling) and it needs to be tuned down. Even rogues who aren't that good can beat a skilled player. And at the moment rogues have NO COUNTER at all, as opposed to any other class. Maybe blood DK, but let's not start about those.

What have other people to say about rogues and their state at the moment?
    Feral druid.
    Anyway yes, rogues are OP and probably will be until MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well what annoys me about rogues in pvp tbh me as retri paladin with resi 4862 almost full

cata pvp gears a new rogue who just dinged and have few ruthless gears with the first version

of legendary dueled me after he opened at me with his usual stunlocks abilities for like 5 secs

I'm down from 100% hp to 42% while I was stunlocked. I defeated him yes but what the hell

with this damage? I mean this rogue was so badly geared he just dinged lvl 85.. imagine if he

has good gears or the last version of the legendary what will happen instant death?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Well what annoys me about rogues in pvp tbh me as retri paladin with resi 4862 almost full

cata pvp gears a new rogue who just dinged and have few ruthless gears with the first version

of legendary dueled me after he opened at me with his usual stunlocks abilities for like 5 secs

I'm down from 100% hp to 42% while I was stunlocked. I defeated him yes but what the hell

with this damage? I mean this rogue was so badly geared he just dinged lvl 85.. imagine if he

has good gears or the last version of the legendary what will happen instant death?
    I was expecting some sort of cool 'start of each line word spells a cool sentence' with all those unnecessary lines, but no it's not there. just bad typing.

OT : rogues are OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    I was expecting some sort of cool 'start of each line word spells a cool sentence' with all those unnecessary lines, but no it's not there. just bad typing.

OT : rogues are OP
    Well execuse me and sorry if it's not good English is never my native language didn't even study it officially. The reason I put spaces between each sentence because I remember some people were whining about wall of texts hard to read when there is no space between sentences.