Thread: Rogues

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Woah hold on hold on, You have to have a argument before the countering the guy at least and calling him Ignorant. Explain how they are OP etc yada yada and myself personally as a BG hero yes I am broken because of 1 talent in my eyes at least

Find weakness
    Do i have to?
    FW
    Vanish
    Cheap Death
    Cloak
    Vanish
    Smoke bomb
    Prep
    BLind
    etc.

Meh...heroic vial, you're are really "broken"

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    Do i have to?
    FW
    Vanish
    Cheap Death
    Cloak
    Vanish
    Smoke bomb
    Prep
    BLind
    etc.

Well of course, If your countering him <.< you have to at least tell him why xD and yes my heroic vial = Broken. Wait til I get my oranges <.<

You're joking, right?
    You say rogues are balanced if they use only pvp gear...but hey.. NOBODY OF THEM DOES IT. Everyone use the god-damn vial-sh*t trinket n stuff.
    Seriously, open your eyes and stop being so ignorant that rogues are balanced.
    I use PvP kit. My RBG team-mates use it. The only rogues running around with Vial and T1 are those looking for quick gank targets in Lol Barad and Random BG's.

When we do meet Vial rogues in RBG's we know that theyre +800 resi down on the rest of us. And tbh, i fancy my chances in that scenario. After 4.3.2 I wouldn't mind betting that Vial gets used a lot less in any case

I've played rogue for 6 years, I also play class specs that suffer against rogues, notably Shadowpriest. I get slaughtered by rogues all the time, and yet, no. I don't think theyre OP.

Hopefully with this Vial nerf people will realise its not even the rogue that's doing the majority of the dmg, its the 150k shatters in 2 seconds that makes you shit your pants. Stop blaming the rogues and fix the real problem, mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    No counter at all? Hi Im a mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

People that cannot deal with a rogue in pvp are LOL bad at wow. L2Play - not just cry about a nerf. Pathetic.

Do i have to?
    FW
    Vanish
    Cheap Death
    Cloak
    Vanish
    Smoke bomb
    Prep
    BLind
    etc.

Nice reasoned argument there. Making an irrelevant list of abilities. Well done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    No counter at all? Hi Im a mage.
    Good rogues eat mages. Sup

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and my buddies have yet to get beaten by a rogue comp.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Healers..."wut"

I once tried to kill a holy pally...yea not happening.

True Story!

No. No they dont.

Gratz on shadowmourne btw. Im guessing that had you obtained it in Wotlk you wouldn't have taken it to arena right..?

Mage Vs Rogue is a good 2 v 2 but I would say the advantage goes to the mages. Once a rogue goes through his CD's gg.

Tbh if Blizzard wasn't riding on their curent subs and actually cared about balance they could've easily fixed rogues to managable lvls. All that's needed is removing smoke bomb from prep, adding energy cost to smoke bomb (so rogue would have to choose either full out burst on opener or denying healing, atm it's nobrainer - open-bomb, redirect dance-bomb). If nobody on enemy team died, well tought luck but they're most likely out of cds/trinkets and next redirect-dance with random cc on healer coupled with soulswaped dots or FoF icelance spam and deed is done.

Atm in one class we've insane survivability, insane cc, insane burst, 25% healing debuff, great sustained dmg.
    I'm not claiming that rogues are most OP class right now, since good mages wreck hard, but oh the irony - both comes in pairs mostly.

P.S. Even without pve gear at all rogue teams openers are too deadly, with it it's miles over the board.

I bet the entire blizz staff plays rogues and mages. Its the only explanation

I agree, A rogue is a great support class in 3's and 5s, but if you look at it from a healers stand point. I also play a holy pally and my rl friend plays a restro shammy. We both agree that rogues are one of the least threating classes to us. Yes healing is a bit op right now but if you compare them to a warrior, ret pally, or dk I laugh at rogues when they switch to me. By themself they are very little threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsaint View Post
    I agree, A rogue is a great support class in 3's and 5s, but if you look at it from a healers stand point. I also play a holy pally and my rl friend plays a restro shammy. We both agree that rogues are one of the least threating classes to us. Yes healing is a bit op right now but if you compare them to a warrior, ret pally, or dk I laugh at rogues when they switch to me. By themself they are very little threat.
    Are you suggesting that as a resto shaman a ret pally is dangerous? Not to branch off topic, but seriously another omg rogues are OP topic is old. They aren't OP, vial has been nerfed wait to see results rather then still whining about previous results.

Quote Originally Posted by Serurian View Post
    Are you suggesting that as a resto shaman a ret pally is dangerous? Not to branch off topic, but seriously another omg rogues are OP topic is old. They aren't OP, vial has been nerfed wait to see results rather then still whining about previous results.
    lol no, my friend plays a restro shammy and doesnt have problems with rogues. Now comparing to a ret pally, a warrior or a dk rogues arent much of a problem for healers. Well I dont see it playing on my holy pally neither does my restro friend. Maybe priest and druids do, I don't know.

When I play on my Rogue I don't care much for healers, just try to control and apply what pressure I can.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Funny to see a Ret Pally complaining about rogue burst.

Deleted
    As has already been mentioned, aside from MS buff, nothing has changed to rogues with 4.3. I think very few PvPers would dispute that PvE gear is unfair in PvP and a lot more talk has happened about it recently. Let's stick to rogues.

Firstly, let's stop talking about 1v1. 1v1ing outside SW/OG does not earn you rating, does not get you achievements (bar one), does not give you access to special gear. The game is not designed to be played 1v1. Undoubtedly rogue is, and always has been, one of the strongest duelling classes, given their ability to vanish for as long as they like but this rarely translates to arena so... let's stop complaining that you can't beat a rogue in a duel.

Secondly, no-one has mentioned a rogue defensively. Rogue is perhaps the most offensive class there is, and equally is one of the most lightweight. I wear full pvp gear (shock horror, not all rogues are PvE heroes as well) and I still get dropped in seconds if I'm left to tank a warrior, a DK, another rogue, or if I get caught in a deep freeze, a kidney shot, a throwdown. Our defensives, when used, also cost us offensive cooldowns - ideally we want to use vanish to CC and get another open rather than to stop ourselves dying, we want trinket to break CC and get the kill, we want cloak to help us get to our target/prevent CC , smokebomb to stop healing etc. Using these defensively, as we are forced to by good players in arena, reduces our offensive potential. The same cannot be said of many other classes' defensives. Additionally, the more imba PvE gear you pile on, the sooner you are going to be forced to use these defensives.

Finally, try playing a rogue. It's never simply a case of opening on someone and killing them. For me, at least, to play a rogue effectively requires a lot more skill than all the other classes I've attempted in pvp, a lot of skill which I am still lacking. The class is ultimately based on a large number of cooldowns, and when you run out of them ... well a frost mage gets back his frost nova/freeze/CoC/deep freeze a lot quicker.

Deleted
    People complaining about rogue damage, are just average, and just dont have a tactic. Please just get over it. Rogue's are just fine.