Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
    Can't wait for the start of the open betas. I've been looking at these forums everyday, multiple times each day even. I'm really happy with all the information and details, but it only makes me more anxious... Anet please don't leave us hanging any longer!!
    Welcome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Welcome
    Thanks Mif, I've been following ur posts and info all this time. Hehe here's some freshly home baked cookie as homage to the great work u've done so far... Don't worry there's more in the oven :P

Rivehn I'm really keeping my fingers crossed on some more great info regarding this great game, even if maybe it ain't the open betas. I really wanna know more about the various professions and in some depth I guess. I am kind of intrigued by the Mesmer class and the Asura, but I have a little question about the latter which might sound a little silly but has haunted me on wow...

So pumped i hope the NDA lifts

Off-Topic: Is there an mmo champ app?

Deleted
    I don't think the NDA will lift before the game is out, but don't think that means that the ppl who participated can't correct any misinformation without hinting to anything yet unrevealed. Afterall everything is still under testing and things might change regarding any aspect not yet confirmed of the game. So if one does not pay attention the information might lead to mis-interpretation and others might quote some posts with reference to incorrect info.

Deleted
    More then likely the NDA goes away when the open beta starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Mif, I've been following ur posts and info all this time. Hehe here's some freshly home baked cookie as homage to the great work u've done so far... Don't worry there's more in the oven :P
    OMG nom nom nom nom nom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    We are actually suppose to have gotten information at the end of January about the Trait system. So expect some information on that soon.
    Maybe ur right, but just because someone from Anet said that people will see more about traits around January doesn't mean its a deadline for them to spill it out. Sometimes developers and game designers have to make sure something is working within acceptable limits (if not perfectly fine even) before putting it forward for the public. But I do understand your standpoint, at this point I'm craving more info aswell hehehe

Maybe ur right, but just because someone from Anet said that people will see more about traits around January doesn't mean its a deadline for them to spill it out. Sometimes developers and game designers have to make sure something is working within acceptable limits (if not perfectly fine even) before putting it forward for the public. But I do understand your standpoint, at this point I'm craving more info aswell hehehe
    Anet would normally just show it and say it's a work in progress. They must be pretty damn close to making everything as polished as it will be though...
    ...grabs desk and waits impatiently.
    And welcome

Deleted
    OMG nom nom nom nom nom
    Ok, now that I've got ur attention (even if for a little while), here's the "silly" question regarding the Asura. I really like their design and the way they've made move, as if jumping and rushing to be at the same movement speed of other classes. That animation seems just about right, but what about the height issue while casting/shooting. I'm hoping that just because an Asura can't see an enemy over a hunched bridge while a human can, the Asura can still cast/shoot at the enemy without getting some "target is not in line of sight" error... This is no way some sort of troll post or anything, it happened alot to me on my gnome mage having some human at ranged hitting the target, and I standing next to him can't see or cast at the target I know that you can move and shoot/cast but still, really do hope the "height discrepancy" is being taken care of, just as they took care of the movement speed issue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    And welcome
    Oh ye sorry, hehe I've been reading all the posts and threads but never posted, this are my first couple of posts :P

Thanks for the welcome, both u and Mif

Oh i was just making a point that we will probably be seeing that information soon, They did say at the end of january not around January. Just look at how there teasing us these last two days with screenshots. LOL.
    Yh lol....it's normally always a few days after they said it would be. How I both love and hate them.

Deleted
    I must have done something wrong cause it seems my previous post directed to Mif didn't show, so very strange...

Ok lets keep it simple, does the difference in height between races matter in regards to shooting/casting at an enemy? If an Asura mage is next to a Norn mage and opposite a hunched bridge or a fallen tree log is an enemy can they both cast at it or will there be some sort of "target not in line of sight" error for the poor Asura

Deleted
    /facepalm

I'll let someone else answer this.
    Ye I know it might sound silly, I know u can move and cast/shoot. Just wanted to know if anyone noticed anything of the sort. It would be really great if even that was kind of sorted Its not game-breaking lol I'm pretty sure the Asura, beings of immense intellect, have probably overcome such a petty inconvenience... But with my luck I'll probably be choosing the only Asura that didn't LOL!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    More then likely the NDA goes away when the open beta starts.
    I really hope they lift the NDA with the press beta...

@IMonstrousI - I do believe they are working on an mmoc app right now. But none is available at this moment in time.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    I must have done something wrong cause it seems my previous post directed to Mif didn't show, so very strange...

Ok lets keep it simple, does the difference in height between races matter in regards to shooting/casting at an enemy? If an Asura mage is next to a Norn mage and opposite a hunched bridge or a fallen tree log is an enemy can they both cast at it or will there be some sort of "target not in line of sight" error for the poor Asura
    All hit boxes are the same size, so there is no technical disadvantage to playing Norn, and no technical advantage of playing Asura.
    The only disadvantage/advantage would be being visually smaller/larger and thus standing out more/less.

We would be able to hit his ankles under the bridge

Mif's answer is the correct one Mine is just silly asura lovin'

10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm

I'll let someone else answer this.
    It actually happens to Gnome casters in Wow, because they have smaller hit boxes. A lot of Priest healer friends who race changed to Gnome used to tell me how they now had to make sure they didn't get LoS'd by terrain in raids because it would result in a tank death.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-02-02 at 02:08 AM.

Deleted
    [/COLOR]
    It actually happens to Gnome casters in Wow, because they have smaller hit boxes. A lot of Gnome Priest healer friends used to tell me how they always had to make sure they didn't get LoS'd by terrain in raids because it would result in a tank death.
    Please don't ban me for mentioning this, but ye, I used to play a gnome mage, and fighting bosses on the other side of a hunched bridge was my nightmare... High Botanist Freywinn in Botanica (TBC) is one good example
    Last edited by mmocbd0d178d8d; 2012-02-02 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It actually happens to Gnome casters in Wow, because they have smaller hit boxes. A lot of Priest healer friends who race changed to Gnome used to tell me how they now had to make sure they didn't get LoS'd by terrain in raids because it would result in a tank death.
    This is somewhat relevant to my favorite patch note in WoW history:

Patch 2.1.0

- In the Black Morass, gnomes are now able to run through the water like other races.
    Prior to that, they would have to swim through the puddles because they were so small.

I had this problem all the time on my noom mage Just another slap in the face from Blizz on nooms ><