Poll: Which element?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Air for sure.

Flying? Check.
    Heat? Check.
    Storms? Check.

I'm of the impression that you could use the air to bend light around you, thereby making you invisible, but that may or may not be a fabrication.

Wind. It's the most powerful of the 4 basic elements of nature.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Water, thought fire would be the coolest thing to have domain over, water would have way more practical use.

air would depend on the extent i could control it. and earth is powerful and devastating,but a bit boring.
    dictated but not read.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'm of the impression that you could use the air to bend light around you, thereby making you invisible, but that may or may not be a fabrication.
    That's actually brilliant. Hadn't even considered that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    Water, thought fire would be the coolest thing to have domain over, water would have way more practical use.

air would depend on the extent i could control it. and earth is powerful and devastating,but a bit boring.
    Really? Imagine the structures you could build with earth. The beautiful arching buttresses and the deep chasms between the towers dedicated to your mastery over the planet.

Ahem... I might change my answer to earth...

Earth, I would be able to control the ground you stand on. I could use rock to make a shelter against even the strongest of winds, the hottest of fire, and make a mountain to where water couldnt reach. Id also be able to make holes big enough for lava to spew out, so have fun with your fire, Ill take lava.

Ahem... I might change my answer to earth...
    Also, pending on how deep you want to get with this, you may be able to make uninhabitable lands fertile farmlands and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Also, pending on how deep you want to get with this, you may be able to make uninhabitable lands fertile farmlands and vice versa.
    Get some friends with other abilities and you could technically create your own biodome under the world to live in.. I mean how fast does the earth respond to my commands? Can I send a spur of earth up in the sky fast enough to destroy a helicopter? Can I use my control over the air to change the pressure systems and summon a storm or create a tornado within moments? Can I make fire appear, or do I have to have a base flame?

So many questions.

If you guys are a really into this, read 'The Name of the Wind' and 'Wise Mans Fear'. They are all about binding elements together and stuff. Very good books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can i freeze the water?

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose water. I picked it, because I loved the Water Benders from Avatar

They could do it all. Even bend your blood.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Fire. Yes. Fire.

FIRE

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    Can i freeze the water?
    Could someone controlling the fire pull the heat out of the water, or put heat into the water, making it evaporate, and therefore turning it over to the domain of the air?

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Even bend your blood.
    Yeah. That was the only really 'dark' thing they ever lead onto. But you could do some equally terrible things with Earth and Air -- especially Air.
    - With Earth you might (again pending on how far we take this) be able to take things like Iron right out of the human body, bring lava into a town, or even turn their farmlands into a desert.
    - Air you could just put a nice bubble over their head and never let them breath again. Or blow them into space/depths of the ocean/into a mountain/etc.

Fire is the only really 'static' thing you have. You burn them. that's about it.

Could someone controlling the fire pull the heat out of the water, or put heat into the water, making it evaporate, and therefore turning it over to the domain of the air?
    They probably couldn't take heat out of the water, but rather they would be able to put it into the water, thus evaporating it. However, water is all around us (in the air), so I would venture to say water can be pulled out of thin air (literally) pending on how you go in the atmosphere.
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-02-02 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    Fire. Yes. Fire.

FIRE
    This thread needs more pyromaniacs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Fire. I'm no pyromaniac, but I like fire the best out of any element. <3

Second would be water. But fire still easily beats it in my opinion.
    I was about to go wind to be able to fly with it, but when I read your comment I figured it would be so much more fun to be able to set everything around you ablaze. I would never grow bored with sending off fireballs...

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    This thread needs more pyromaniacs!
    There is a reason I can't handle Vanilla Minecraft Servers. I generally burn everything down.

I would have to know the limitations of each of these before I could choose one xO

Like could you create fire spontaneously or do you need combustible materials or do you need fire already actually present etc

I gotta know these things!
    The earth is not a cold dead place

When I see things that I don't like, I automatically imagine them burning... I assume that means that I'd probably want fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Yeah. That was the only really 'dark' thing they ever lead onto. But you could do some equally terrible things with Earth and Air -- especially Air.
    - With Earth you might (again pending on how far we take this) be able to take things like Iron right out of the human body, bring lava into a town, or even turn their farmlands into a desert.
    - Air you could just put a nice bubble over their head and never let them breath again. Or blow them into space/depths of the ocean/into a mountain/etc.

Fire is the only really 'static' thing you have. You burn them. that's about it.
    You could do so much more with Air. What about putting an air bubble in one of the valves in their heart? Or in their brain? Just surrounding them by a cube of hardened air, and watch as they break themselves against it as they run out of oxygen and slowly suffocate? You could pop their eyeballs by increasing the pressure against them, or pull their eyeballs out of their head by removing everything all the air in front of them.

If you are talking about what you could do to a nation. Day after Day of rain/storms would lead to flooding. Month after Month of nothing but cold air leads to a lack of crops. You could concievably also block out all moisture in the air, and prevent any rain from getting to them.

With earth you could build huge unclimbable walls around their city, or just swallow it whole. You could form random trenches and watch those people try to deal as their city becomes more and more destroyed over a period of months or years until they give in. You could ruin the foundations of a different building every day and watch it topple over at random times...

I view fire as more of a control over heat... removing heat from or adding heat to something is much more deadly than 'lolfire'. Your blood can boil/freeze, you can set things on fire, you can kill anything nearly instantly, you can warp and destroy metals or any other material with enough heat.

Water is the tough one... the other forces would have the most defense against water, unless you can control the h20 in the human body. Floods can be frozen/evaporated, rain storms can be blown away... meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waterbender!