Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    It incorporates music from the movies, from KotOR, and original score.

What more do you want? A brand new score? IMO it just wouldn't have a Star Wars feel to it without John Williams' master touch.
    yeah i know why would you want to hear NEW music in a video game

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MmoFanatic View Post
    still why make a post here? where it will do nothing more that collect more of the same?
    Players want to feel that they are heard. Forum communities are the easiest place to fulfill that need.

Every point you made is bad and biased.So,hope you dont like it..More room for the rest of us.

There is no need to be rude to the OP. Especially after a mod warning to be civil. - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-02-02 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    5 and a half hours of original music on top of everything listed.
    http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/music-old-republic

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I thought there was new music in this game. Or am I utterly confused by what these composers have been interviewed for? (See video)

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The music? I thought it was pretty good.
    And this,the music in swtor is incredible.

Well music, like any art, is so subjective. Of course there are going to be some that don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Snip.

Stating your opinion is fine but don't pose it as a feeling of many. I completely disagree with you across the board, "o and so do many "/sarcasm
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-02-02 at 10:51 PM.
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.

10+ Year Old Account
    The things that bug me the most are the GTN and the loading screens.

The UI scale will help a lot for me.

Deleted
    The game has just been released, all I have to say.

And music being bad? Man, ... the music is awesome! Just brings the Star Wars feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    To be fair, wow has no in-built threat system because devs don't want to make threat management to be a concern. Many other systems that started out as mods were integrated into the game over time. TOR needs to ramp up the effort on allowing UI mods, because right now the biggest thing it fails at is innovation.
    Wrong! WoW does have a built-in threat system, it's just horribly inferior to Omen.

As to your comment about lacking a combat log: It was bugged in beta, and is a bug they haven't sorted out since then either. If I recall, it was disabled right around the 11/11 beta weekend's patch.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    [B][COLOR="#008000"]2) Casting animations: Every movement feels fluid, it must have taken a lot of work to make the light saber hit single bullets and deflect them but it is very well done. Some spells etc have amazing animations as well.
    This is a double-edged sword.

My Marauder *looks* amazing transitioning through various lightsaber forms. Unfortunately, the visual appeal is not matched by system responsiveness and actual results. The game engine is sluggish and surprisingly glitchy. Between animations firing with no associated effect and the exact opposite happening at times (i.e. no visible animation but clear damage applied), there is a disconnect between the excellent art/animation vs. gameplay.

Everybody is different, but personally, I would trade away "pretty" for a slick game engine any day of the week. After sampling Rift, I was really hoping for a lot more from this game. Hopefully what GW2 is advertising doesn't turn out to be smoke and mirrors.

That's my biggest gripe anyway. I generally agree that the story-telling and companion systems are the big pluses and also on the point that the raiding is fairly primitive.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

By biggest gripe with the game is how they pigeonhole everyone into being a pet class for single player. I want to feel awesome in games, I don't feel awesome babysitting and micromanaging a companion. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't HAVE to have one, but the game is absolutely impossible to go through solo without one.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Wrong! WoW does have a built-in threat system, it's just horribly inferior to Omen.

As to your comment about lacking a combat log: It was bugged in beta, and is a bug they haven't sorted out since then either. If I recall, it was disabled right around the 11/11 beta weekend's patch.
    WoW didn't have a built in meter for years, but that didn't mean that threat was never of a concern in game play. It always was. Hell I remember raiding back in MC and being told not to do anything until 5 sunders were up on every mob. Ironically, it seems that once Blizzard did make threat a non-concern by making AOE tanking vastly easier than it ever has been, that is when they finally added an in game threat indicator lol. TOR absolutely needs something in that form whether it be through an in game tool or an addon because tanking is a pain in the ass right now with being completely unable to tell where people are on threat and who the hell mobs are targeting without spamming my get target's target hotkey.

I know I am not the only one who will quit because of this.
    My only comment to the OP is about this. Are you quitting or staying because you seem to waffle back and for with every post/thread you make. Truth be told, I figured you would have quit about a month ago when you made that other thread complaining about the UI saying it was game breaking for you. Everything else is opinions and you are more than welcome to have them, especially since you stated them in a constructive manner, and you are damn right about the AH interface being terrible.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-02-02 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    I'll just comment on your "fail" list.

1) Brand new game, give it time. Default UI is more functional than WoW's original UI was (remember when they didn't even have raid frames?)
    I'm more of a lurker than a poster but I've seen this comment too many times and it gets under my skin. Just because WoW didn't have something at release 7 years ago doesn't mean a new game shouldn't have it now. That's a poor excuse and I guarantee you'll never hear anyone from BW say something like that because they are smarter than that and know it's BS. If you can live with the UI great, but be honest about it being subpar to what WoW and Rift offers.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you own an iphone
    Nope. HTC Incredible, Android OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    By biggest gripe with the game is how they pigeonhole everyone into being a pet class for single player. I want to feel awesome in games, I don't feel awesome babysitting and micromanaging a companion. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't HAVE to have one, but the game is absolutely impossible to go through solo without one.
    I agree there, but since I leveled as a healer it was nice to have something along that hit harder than me.

Quote Originally Posted by walbomb View Post
    I'm more of a lurker than a poster but I've seen this comment too many times and it gets under my skin. Just because WoW didn't have something at release 7 years ago doesn't mean a new game shouldn't have it now. That's a poor excuse and I guarantee you'll never hear anyone from BW say something like that because they are smarter than that and know it's BS. If you can live with the UI great, but be honest about it being subpar to what WoW and Rift offers.
    Notice how Coke and Pepsi don't taste the same? But they both have their own unique flavors, and they don't release their recipes to each other. Nor are their product developers clones of each other, so I imagine they think differently. It's going to be the same in software development. You're talking about a company that has concentrated on mostly single-player RPGs, with minimal UIs, for years. Give them time to develop their product. Am I the only one that finds this common sense, or am I going to get labeled a fanboy?
    Last edited by Tehfred; 2012-02-02 at 11:06 PM.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

I quite like the companions. I just wish there was a way of customizing their tactics, like you can in Dragon Age 2.

Nope. HTC Incredible, Android OS.
    why did you say that i owned one then
    Last edited by Rainbow Thunder; 2012-02-02 at 11:09 PM.

I want to expand upon Macros and Addons and why they can be bad if implemented incorrectly.

First off and the biggest issue with them. They create an additional level complexity for your design team on top of how trivial they can make things. I.E. vanilla you could one button debuff the enitre raid in a priority system without ever having to think about it, click a name frame etc; just spam whatever button you had put your decursive macro on. Fast forward to wrath raiding; an addon is implemented that equates to raiding in a paint by numbers environment, now blizzard had to refine their LUA to break the addon. So not only are you dealing with bugs from coding error etc you are also dealing with 3rd party developers breaking encounters with things like DBM making you put more development time assuming the community is using the addons or just take your time release a toolkit have developers submit addons to you so your can test them internally and approve or deny them based on what you see as helpful or gamebreaking. <---easiest solution. i think personally some will disagree with me their but that is perfectly fine.
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The next off topic post from anyone will receive an infraction plain and simple. - Cula